Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Amazon skill question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Hythopian Shade, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Hythopian Shade

Hythopian Shade IncGamers Member

Amazon skill question

I need some advice on which skill to pick, Charged Strike or Lightning Strike? I have a levle 78 semi-hybrid zon (semi because she only has 1 point into strafe) and I was wondering which of these two is best. I have been playing around with lightning Strike thanks to my T-Gods, and it seems very good.

I haven't determined that I would put my remaining points into a synnergy for Lightning Fury, so I need some advice.

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

can only advice you to read jeks lightning zon build in the zon forum for some info about the pros and cons of those 2 skills...

i hope somebody with a lightning zon comes along shortly

3. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

hi there :wave:

well im building a pure lichtning javazone right now.. My basic plan is to

Max LF
    Max CS
    Max LS
    18-20 Valk
    1 in all preq and the dodge skills
    5 in pierce (with he 33% pierce form my belt and my + skills this wil be more then enough)
    The rest in guided arrow

Currently i have LF and CS maxed and boy... i kill like a knife through butter... if you have to choose between CS and LS, pick CS really, all those charged bolts, too sweet and it gets the 10% bonus from LF per lvl...

i have a eth titans and mosers (stormshield when i have the lvl req) as main weapon with left click CS and right click LF
    switch is a witchwild string (shealsheal) for guided arrows for LE's

merc is a might merc (for bonus to me, merc and my valkyre ) and he deals with most of the LE's combined with my valk...

I'm in act 2 hell right now and really low lvl but i kick a$$ anyway...
    works great for me :thumbsup:

good luck with your amazone

4. Select

Select IncGamers Member

just one little comment....

Ive read through some threads on the zon forum and it seems to me that CS is probably the fastest boss killer in the game. with 2 synergies and a couple plus skills(easy to get with javs) each bolt could get up to like 2-3k, considering 9 bolts hit the boss(cause they are big and will take all the bolts) thats like 27k dmg right there on the spot.

5. Icebird

Icebird IncGamers Member

HyShade: If you have to pick one skill, go with Charged Strike. CS is very effective against solo targets, the weak point of Lightning Fury. Lightning Fury is good against tightly packed mobs. Lightning Strike works best against lots of scattered targets.

I've got pure lightning zon in Act V Nightmare. So far I've maxed Charged Strike, and almost maxed Lightning Fury and Valk. I'll pump Lightning Strike next, but I haven't missed it so far.

She's a very effective Meph runner (more so if ever would ever drop me a Titans :rant:).

Chris

6. strijdje

hey chris, what will be your back up skill? cause i have now CS//LF and in 1 lvl Valkyre maxed too... do you think i can get by with only 1 point in guided arrow for LE... im hoping for around +5 skills that would net me a slvl 6 guided arrow...

bow choices enough, windforce//upped near perfect goldstrike//or a 1.09 silence crusader bow so i dont think the damage might be a prob....

anyone have any expirience with that? going through hell with only a lvl 6 back up skill..? i think i really need to trust my merc and valkyre then :)

7. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

guided arrow makes a good LI killer. It might not be the fastest but its safe and reliable.

8. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

Yeah, charged strike is the way to go. Don't bother with a synergy for LF because it isn't worth the points.

9. strijdje

well, lf and CS are syns for eachother so that isnt the problem i suppose :)

anywayz, thnx dreamless, i guess í dont puting anymore points inthe bow tree then..

Max LF, CS and LS, valkyre and i think my zon will do a heck load of damage i hope

robin

10. Icebird

Icebird IncGamers Member

I'm relying on the merc and the Valk to help out a lot with the Lightning Immunes. I'll let you know how I fare once I hit Hell (not looking forward to Act III - the first half is full of LIs).

Chris

11. Gouda

Gouda IncGamers Member

If you want to keep the pure 'javazon' theme you may want to max out fend. It seems to work a bit better now in 1.10, but i haven't done much testing myself yet.
    It does involve getting close to the enemy though....
    I feel it is a more stylish way of dealing with it, but it may be a lot more dangerous. Forget about jab, it doesn't get you enough damage, and has increasing manacost getting it about even with fend. Fend used to make an extra attack for every creature in your range, even your valk and merc. That means that one fend cycle will hit a few times at least.
    Some resarch, or a visit over to the amazon forum may help you out.

Gouda

12. Paradox of Reality

Paradox of Reality IncGamers Member

This no longer works in 1.10. After the patch came out, I tested a few of my .09 chars to see how viable the builds were, one of which was a fendazon. Had my merc, valk, and decoy cast then attacked, only got one attack on each enemy.