Amazon Questions

scarred_life

Diabloii.Net Member
Amazon Questions

I'm tired of all my other chars and thinking about making an Amazon but never made one and have a few questions:
1) Which would be stronger Javazon or Bowazon? (item independant & dependant)
2) Which build(s) would be recommended so that they are Hell viable?
I really appreciate the insight as I said, I've never had experience with Amazons in any way and wanted to change that.

XtasyGrizzly

Diabloii.Net Member
:D I would say that the javazon is the strongest and viable in hell :) CS/LF ama if it just was for those darn LI :D but you can allways go with strafe bow ama

- XG

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
I would think the bowazon would be the stronger untwinked character, and the javazon the stronger twinked character. There's a ton of good bows you could find playing untwinked, Witchwild, Goldstrike Arch, Burrito, Lycander's, Kuko Shukaku.

frosty

Diabloii.Net Member
1) Javazon is stronger. (untwinked and twinked). A Pj/LF zon doesn't need a particularly good javelin to kill, while a bowzon still needs a reliable bow.

2) Any zon build is viable, but that's just me. :D

Make either a strafer or a LF/CS zon if you like the killing power.

Shakes

Diabloii.Net Member
Javazon is always going to be way easier untwinked, since they're not item dependent (physical damage matters little to them), while bowazons are extreamely item dependent.

If you can't decide you can always play both at once. The synergies of lightning fury give you a minimal increase in damage, so why not play a bowazon with 20 in LF? LF kills packs that aren't lightning immune, and strafe takes care of the LIs and small packs.

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Amazons don't need shields. Make a Spearazon! They actually require some skill! Shields are for wusses.

*sigh* But to answer your question, Javazon beats bows twinked and untwinked. There is a reason why LFzons are incredibly popular. Viable builds include LF/CS, LF/PJ, LF/FA, and LF/Strafe.

frosty

Diabloii.Net Member
Liliel said:
Amazons don't need shields. Make a Spearazon! They actually require some skill! Shields are for wusses.
I will attest to that. :lol:

I like spearzons.

@Uzziah: Yup, I agree. but spearzons are more fun and challenging. :D

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
On pure skills alone javazon deals much greater damage at much less risk (with shield).

Remember your skills add most of the damage to your build, a javazon using Lightning Fury can kill in Hell with a low quality javalin from act 1 normal. You really are relying on your skills not your equipment with a javazon.

Also remember that pierce in your magic skill tree works with both javalins and bows, however lightning fury creates a web of bolt when it hits a group of monsters and splits, where as multi strike or your other bow skills still stays fairly together.

scarred_life said:
I'm tired of all my other chars and thinking about making an Amazon but never made one and have a few questions:
1) Which would be stronger Javazon or Bowazon? (item independant & dependant)
2) Which build(s) would be recommended so that they are Hell viable?
I really appreciate the insight as I said, I've never had experience with Amazons in any way and wanted to change that.
1. I think the javazon is better, but i find the bowazon more fun. Multi arrow, cold skills and GA make for fun killing, and not to slow in hell. get a nice valk to tank for you and some peirce and your set!
2. As above.

Twoflower

Banned
you could also just go over to the amazon forum for a second and see that there are many viable builds for javas as well as for bows... ;)