Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Amazon Merc

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by BlahBlahAsia, May 30, 2005.

1. BlahBlahAsia

BlahBlahAsia IncGamers Member

Amazon Merc

G'day, I've been wondering which Merc is best for my lightning Fury Javazon. Currently I have a holy freez merc with no active aura, (what level does he start useing it?).
    I love my might merc with my barb, but might doesn't affect lightning does it now.
    Personally I've never used an act 1 merc, are they any good? Which ones are the pick on the bunch? I don't care about what equipment they have, just their powers.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction, please. Thanks

2. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Well act 2 holy freeze merc is the way to go. Equipment wise, I'd use Insight or Infinity polearm(expensive, but really good), some good eth armor like Stone, and Andy mask/Vampiregaze to fill the helm slot.

Check out the mercenary guide here. Should give you more detailed info about mercs in general.

3. adddm

adddm IncGamers Member

You hired the Nightmare Act II Defensive Merc right? He should use his aura right away, all Act II Mercs use their auras at all levels.

4. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Just warp to the cold plains or something and let him attack for a while. His aura kicks in after a few attacks.

Personally I'd go for Act 1 cold merc. She tends to stay out of trouble better than melee mercs, and LF zons don't really need tanks so much (Valkyrie would more than suffice usually).

5. Lensor

Lensor Banned

Doesn't he have to be level 18 to use the freeze aura? If someone "glitch-rush" past normal baal they can easily hire a nmare merc that is lower level than that. Right? :scratch: