Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Amazon Merc Question

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by xxsjxx1, Apr 26, 2005.

1. xxsjxx1

xxsjxx1 IncGamers Member

Amazon Merc Question

Hi i made a Freeze arrow zon with ICE bow and im now starting to lvl up my merc... its an act2 hell combat (prayer right?) for the life regen. and i made a merc but i cant get it to lvl up , im trying to make it use insight... but he needs strength , also and he keeps dying lol , and cant kill anything..... ugh... hes a lvl 79. and using ethereal gaze so far.... any ideas to make this successful?

2. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

The eth gaze is a step in the right direction. Put a Shaftstop on him and that insight you're planning and you should be good.

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

A Prayer mercenary isn't the most useful, the healing is nice but not really large enough to make much of a difference. Also it doesn't help your merc's survivability which you have already discovered:)

The usual suspects are Holy Freeze/Defiance/Might. Holy Freeze/Defiance will definitely help him stay alive more, but Might will enhance your damage which is why most people choose him (will also help his life leech). I don't know if you are using a Valkyrie, but if not then you really should since that will help take some heat of your mercenary.

An ethereal Vampire Gaze is a really good helm, couple that with an Um'ed Shaftstop and he should be close to max resists and have max damage reduction. Next you need to find a fast/big damage weapon, preferably with life leech. There are really lots of options, Bonehew, Reaper's Toll, Tomb Reaver.

If your merc has the good gear and you're using Valkyrie he shouldn't really die too often...maybe also use some Decoy to hold up some of the nastier monsters. Otherwise try leveling him up in some "softer" areas where there aren't too many dangerous monsters.

4. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

unless his zon has huge ml it would be best to stick with the infinity...alot of the damage being done is elemental so a might merc may not be the best....how is your a/r....the a/r bonus for f/a is bugged so if you built your zon with only a few points in penetrate maybe a blessed aim merc would be the way to go....nice thing is you can hire one in hell so you won't lose too much time lvling it

5. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

correction to above
    "best to stick with the *insight*"