Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Amazon boss killer?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Cee, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Cee

Cee Diabloii.Net Member

Amazon boss killer?

Hey guys,

I just started an amazon and right now I got 7 in multishot when I suddenly realized what the *edited* am I doing? :rolleyes:

I want to make an amazon that is specialized on killing bosses. Maybe something that also works in late game (Against über diablo and so on)

Any tips? I was thinking guided arrow/critical/dodge with some nice bow or knockback? (and a lot of steal of course)

Any tips would be great!
    I rather not go ice since I already have a pure ice sorc.

2. KremBanan

KremBanan Diabloii.Net Member

Hi and welcome to the forum.
    What is your budget on this? Can you afford Faith, Fortitude etc? Or are you after low/medium cost items?

3. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Welcome to the forums.

Please watch the language here. I edited your post. But please watch what you say.

Go strafe or multi, not guided.

4. superdave

superdave Diabloii.Net Member

if you want a boss killer it would be hard to beat a charged strike zon or a jabber loaded with crushing blow.

5. Cee

Cee Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry for the langauge.

Don't mind the budget :) I just need something to aim on. I would rather want a bowazon but if that's not the best choice then I'll do a javazon of course.

I'm looking for something that works fine in hell and also (If possible) against the super bosses.

I'm not to familiar with the slang in D2 , I played several years in 1,09 but now I'm back with an MF sorc. But I miss an ama :)

So I don't understand this really:
    "charged strike zon or a jabber loaded with crushing blow."

Sounds like a javazon though. Like I said any tips would be great! and some basic information on why your build would be good. You don't need to make a guide, just basic :)

6. Leohappy

Leohappy Diabloii.Net Member

bowzons aren't exactly great boss killers, much less great uber killers, so that's not what you want

a standard javazon, packed with good gear is a great boss killer though
    javzon guides in the sticky, or use search as this kind of build is quite popular

7. KremBanan

KremBanan Diabloii.Net Member

Well, for a bowama the keywords are speed and dexterity. Find gear that makes you reach the fastest breakpoints, you find IAS calculator here: http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english .
    For bosses like Diablo, 1 point in Guided is often more than enough. For other strafe is a good choice. For equipment there are some underrated items, Razortail belt gives 33 Pierce, have 9 points in pierce after skills so that you get 100%. Gloves there is LoH, 20IAS and 350ed to demons. Atma amulet for strafers, for the ctc amp damage, gives your killingspeed a great boost and breaks physical immune monsters. These 3 items you can trade for 15pgs total(atleast in europe)

8. Cee

Cee Diabloii.Net Member

Alright so Javazon is the deal for bosskillers?
    Then I should go with the normal guide called "Javazon guide" I would guess right? never done a javazon so must be sure.

KremBananX sounds nice what you described, yet it seems like most of the people seems to say javazon is better.

I see there are two different java? Lighting and jabber, which would be the better against bosses? I could start reading the guides to see if I can get more info.

I am also thinking of restarting some other char, I just want a bosskiller. Does not need to be ama but I already got some items for that class.

Thanks for all replies.

9. doraemon

doraemon Diabloii.Net Member

yep. i made a javazon just for uber diablo... bowazons arent really that great for boss killing, let alone ubering

ur best bet would be a cs zon where the fatty boss will take all the bolts.

10. Cee

Cee Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks Doreamon. CS zon? Critical strike huh?
    Could you give me a basic build?
    Like 20 CS
    20 lighting?

11. windwingwind

windwingwind Diabloii.Net Member

Best bosskiller would be a smiter with near 100% crushing bow. You hit every smite. Check the 1-pt smiter guide by kingsdryland.

12. doraemon

doraemon Diabloii.Net Member

since you are ubering, you wont be needing ur valk.

pump 20 in charged strike, 20 in lightening fury, 20 in lightening strike and 20 in power strike. 1 point in everything in the passive tab excepte the left hand side, eg "no inner sigh, decoy, valk and slow missle"

as wing said. smiters are probably the best uber killers out there.

13. brualness

brualness Banned

i have a java and bow and my bowazon she is ptitty good 4 abowazon but not a g8 boss killer so if u want a boss kill go 4 a java mine kill dia in like 1,25 sec so there g8 boss killers

14. Cee

Cee Diabloii.Net Member

I just found a burizza.... bah! now it got much harder. But I should still go for the javazon I guess ;P

15. druidkid9

druidkid9 Diabloii.Net Member

Charged strike is the ultimate boss killer becuase almost all bolts hit

16. WrongdayJ

WrongdayJ Diabloii.Net Member

I agree totally. Charged Strike works wonders on anything with a big body. (like Diablo & Baal).
    One thing to remember though is that there are alot of other builds out there though that put down TONS of damage, too.
    I don't know how experienced you are as a player, but if you haven't been playing for too long, I recommend playing the game through to at least nightmare with each character type to get a feel for the skills. Then read through some of the build guides available here for the characters you liked, then proceed with the build that best suits your playing style and character preference. Really it's impossible for anyone to say 'this build is the best' hands down across the board because every build, every character, and every player has strengths and weaknesses (I won't even get into equipment variations). You'll naturally gravitate towards maybe two or three character types and then you'll be in a better position to choose a Boss-Killing build.