Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Amazingly Stupid behavior

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by conan, Feb 3, 2004.

1. conan

conan IncGamers Member

Amazingly Stupid behavior

I found a godly Superior (14% Ed) Ethereal bezerkers Axe (6 Sockets) in the pit last week and since I have 2 very good BotD Zerkers decided to sell it for as much loot as possible.

I made a game SupEthZerk and a few ppl joined to trade. I was amused by one obviously new but rich pre teener that offered 20 vex for the zerker. This would make me rich and i made the trade. He was all excited about making the ultimate BotD and after a few seconds he starts screaming and ranting and raving.

Apparantly he had all the right runes but he put them in the wrong order and saw that instead of a Godly Runeword weapon he had a very expensive mess. The cuss words and expletives he spewed were legendary for someone so young. he flamed this Pally that had the gall to laugh at his misfortune and called him the N word .

I asked him what order he had put the runes in and he called me pretty colorfull name and dropped the Zerker in question saying "you keep it you A hole, this game sucks!" I grabbed it up so fast i almost pulled a wrist muscle.
    I unsocketed it and told him "hey i got another Sup Eth Zerker if you got more Highs" I felt kinda bad , like i was scamming him, and i suppose i was but he said he didnt have enough runes anymore and besides I was just an A hole. The pally was hysterically laughing at the kid but he was still so mad he didnt seem to understand what had happened.

I asked him how long he had been playing and he said a few months, I asked him where he got the runes, he said his dad got them for him so i suspected some item site. I told him the whole story and he demanded i give the zerker up. I said simply" you dropped it, you told me i could keep it, its mine" of course this brought a wave of foulness i havent heard since my time in the Marines=)

He threatened me and begged me and all the while 4 or 5 ppl in the game were rolling in laughter. I suspect this didnt do much to change his behavoir, but then B Net is full of snotty little kids with no manners.

20 vex and i still have the Zerker, i WANT to feel bad for the kid but his incredible anger, foul mouth and blind rage makes it a little bit easier to just shake my head and smile.

This game has its moments

Q: would you have made the trade??
    Q: would you have given the zerker back??

2. GIR

GIR Banned

To question #1, would I have made the trade? Honestly, I don't know what I'd do with all those Vex runes, but if I wasn't so lazy and actually muled items, I would have since I already had a couple of good axes. Of course the runes could have been dupes.

#2, would I have given it back? Haha. No.

Damn funny story.

3. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

by the N word im assuming you mean the Racist N word?

In which case not only would i have made the trade and kept the zerk axe but i would have insulted him and trying to steal more stuff from him. Also if he ever let out where he lived.... wow he'd be in trouble.

(by the way i HATE HATE HATE racist sons of b**ches. There come lower in priority to me than the s**t i wipe from my *** every day)

4. Eurkan

Eurkan IncGamers Member

1. Yep, I would've made the trade... anyone with 20 Vex runes (non ladder I presume, I hope!) should be smart enough to use them wisely and insert runes in the correct order.

2. Nope, I would not have given the axe back. In public games nothing is "yours" unless it's in "your" inventory.

When you said "n word" I thought of "noob". But if it truly was the racist remark I would have just left the game without saying anything. Ostricizing is a very powerful weapon.

5. pvrabel

pvrabel IncGamers Member

#

No not that word, something even worse. I know I'm descending beneth the bounds of dignity by writhing this, but I feel that we have all have to make allowances sometimes, I think he ment *Shudders* "Noob" *Wipes sweat from forehead*

Edit:Curses, someone beat me to it!

6. chuth

chuth IncGamers Member

You know why you want to feel bad for the kid? Because you should feel bad. You took advantage of his naivete, then took advantage of his bad decision to drop the axe. A kid has less control over his emotions than an adult, so why you couldn't drag up a tiny bit of compassion and give him back the axe is beyond me.

7. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

i don't feel sorry for anyone still trading and playing non ladder, wuts the point, 20 vexs?! heh, sounds like a f'd up economy off ladder

8. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Yes I'd have made that trade, and no I would not have given it back to him, the offenseive little bastard.

9. KaesarSosei

KaesarSosei IncGamers Member

You sound like you heard this story, conveniently 'forgot' all the abuse the kid handed out, overlooked the almost certainty that the runes were either duped or bought on Ebay, and THEN jumped to this conclusion.

Totally irrational...

10. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

A. He's willing to give up 20 Vex runes. I have never had one pass through my fingers. My guess is that at least 19 are dupes.

B. He lacks adequate brainpower to realize you have to put the runes IN THE RIGHT ORDER to make a runeword make any sense. Like letters. Does "wnoredru" make any sense to you?

C. When it becomes clear that he's an idiot, he blames you, using language that would impress a drill sergeant.

D. He tells you to keep the "pruned" axe, using even more extraordinary profanity.

E. After cussing on for a few more pages, he orders you to give it back. You, being the reasonably intelligent person you are, tell him he has no right to it anymore. He cusses you out like the entire Marine Corps putting forth their best effort (and the Marines putting forth their best effort at anything gives absolutely stupendous results).

F. He has no idea why everybody is laughing at him.

I say the [email protected]$$ deserves everything he gets. I hope he gets townkilled by script kiddies every time he gets into a game, and later gets his account hacked and his CD key banned.

11. chuth

chuth IncGamers Member

In response, let me say I don't condone foul language, from young kids or anyone else. But, I still don't feel taking everything from him was justified. As the last poster said, he's not the brightest player out there, but does that give you license to cruelly mock him and take what he traded for? He's also young, I'm sure people know the phrase "stealing candy from a baby," and I assume you can make the connection here.

I'm not irrationally siding with the kid, I think you both acted quite uncivil.

12. Usufruct

I'd like to think conan taught him a lesson. Swearing is one thing, but intentionally being offensive and taking out a blind rage on people who don't deserve it is unfair and immature. Plus it's only a game, dad will probably just buy him some more vex runes anyway.

13. Hey Steve

Hey Steve IncGamers Member

you know why the kid is so whiny and immature in the first place? because he's a little rich kid who is used to getting whatever he wants. his parents take an appeasement approach to raising him, much like the world did to Hitler. the best thing you can do for a wretch like that is to show him he doesn't get whatever he wants just by crying about it.

14. velveteenwabbit

velveteenwabbit IncGamers Member

Umm, maybe its just me, but I don't see how he acted uncivily.

I don't think youth should be an excuse for lack of common sense and/or politeness lol

(back on the original topic...err..)

1. I'd have made the trade. I agree with Eurkan. He was smart enough to get the runes in the first place (regardless of the means... I'll won't assume the obvious... t'is bad to assume :xgrin: ), and it doesn't take a few seconds to perhaps -write down- the order of the runes, or even check.

2. A part of me would have, simply because, had he been a bit nicer, I'd have explained to him what he did wrong, etc, etc. I don't really like being mean / obnoxious on b.net, no matter how much I think about doing it lol But, if he was gonna be obnoxious, then no lol Given the way the situation was stated in Conan's post, i'd have left the game and been done with it lol

I dunno.. I don't exactly envision myself being in that situation in the first place, so :xgrin:

Once you drop anything in a public game, you assume you aren't getting it back lol Regardless of whether that's wrong or right, that's just how it is xD

----
    umm..anyway... hi all ^^;

15. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Jeez, where do you guys get all those ZODs from?...let alone the Vex rune :(

16. Lord Chaos

This has nothing to do with racism.

As for the questions, yes on both counts.

17. Usufruct

I believe he's referring to the person in question using the 'N word'.

18. Lord Chaos

Which is also what I am referring to.

19. Usufruct

Well you presume that the person is not racist, although you have no idea. He could be racist or he may not be, so saying it has nothing at all to do with racism is too much to assume.

20. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Do you honestly think he wrote "n-word" instead of noob? Since when does noob offend anyone here?

Considering the language I typically hear on bnet, he meant the racist n-word. Even so I suspect this has more to do with ignorance and lack of more offensive vocabulary by the kid than racism.