Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ama sux now

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by snowy_angelaaa, Feb 7, 2004.

1. snowy_angelaaa

snowy_angelaaa IncGamers Member

ama sux now

i just acquire windforce a few dyas ago which supposed to be the best bow in game. so i decied to make a ama with 60 sten 100 dex rest into dex. i ahve engima by the way. she is doing fine in nightmare. but onece she reached act4 hell. the killing speed fropped significantly. much slower than zealot and babarains. and she dies easily as well here is the compareson between ik babrain and windyzon:
    ga:2600
    multi:1500ish
    bar:
    ww:3600
    berk:4500
    ik gear is still farworse thatn the best babrain gera in the game best sword: tbotd woth 900 damg. in that case ama is 5 times weaker ad so easy to die!
    now ama is really unbalanced now plz pix this!!!

2. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Then use javs. LF and Plague are great in hell diffc.

3. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

Add good critical (about 70%) then those values are little closer to each other. Add good might merc (take weapon away if you do diabloruns, to avoid curse kill) and nice amount of crushing blow. And 1 point freezing arrow with lots of cold charms to freeze monster so you can kill them before they unfreeze to make barbarin feel miserable.

Little question, what is perfect might merc weapon for those diabloruns, so he cant kill himself (need to be very low damage).

I once tested that freezing time in normal cow level. With a lots of cold charms, eye of etlich ... i could run 5 times around those freeze meat, until
    they move. Its only 1/4 time in hell level and there are those monsters that you cant freeze, but it still great skill even in hell.

Multi, good low level skill for ama. There is no point to max this. Needs too much mana and and you cant find enough monsters to hit each arrow.
    You are right they should fix multi, so it use 25 arrows from your quiver at once, so people stop using this skill :)
    Its still good if you damage is high enough and its 2-3 players game.
    But strafe is much better in 7-8 players game where you have to fight little (or much) longer against each monster. And in those games games valkyrie is perfect tank. Add crushing blow boots, armor, gloves or what ever you have to kill faster than that barbarian you are

Strafe is now perfect against single monster which is near your level. And its doing just fine against small group which are in same direction. Little slow and dangerous if you are middle of monsters.

Guided are still good against single monster if you level is much lower than act boss. But After you get good AR (maybe 6K-12K), then strafe is much faster. You miss a alot still if your level is not high enough, but you fire so much more arrows.

Why make average build around best bow in town, while you can do much better in great build with average bow.

But because you already have to bow, there is no reason not use it.

If your killing speed is just fine with that build, try to use other items that makes it more safe. Maybe delerium helmet to get monster hit against each other. Stone armor is perfect if you get killed by ranged physical attackers.
    If those physical melee fighters are problem, valkyrie is perfect solution.
    After that only ranged lightning attack can kill you. If you see those, then change gear to get max resist and maybe some light absord or -20 -30 to magic attack.

But in normal situation, naked build (just using windy) you should be safe.

Naked build (maybe you need some mana leech) is perfect way to learn how to play as bowazon. If there are no ranged attackers and you get killed, then there was something wrong with your playing style. Or your build is so wrong that it cant be played safely (read using multi, guided, no merc, no valkyrie, bad resist, bad AR, bad defense, using unreliable fellow barbarian as tank, etc ... :))

With current items you cant make bowazon as good (or boring) as it was in 1.09. Lightning is still too powerful with +12-15 skill items. Freezing arrow is also too powerful if you have enough +skill items. Thank god we have those immune monsters or these two could ruin whole game.
    Put you cant anymore do pure physical attacker amazon that is too powerful in 1.10. But faster and safer than fellow barbarian, its still doable.

4. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Critical strike, Highlord's wrath+ gore riders will pratically double your dmg.

5. snowy_angelaaa

thats what i have been using. all my gear is the most godly gear in the game
    helm gaze.
    ammy highlord
    armour enginma
    bow windy
    glove layig of hand vamapire glove belt string
    boots gpre rider
    rings 88duel leech ring with good mods
    even tho the raw damg still much lower then babarain
    max multi 1500 ga:2400
    babarain ww: 9000 zerk 11000 with ebotd.
    dont forget babraina can get criticle strike and deadly strike as well
    and much more life
    so i conclude: zon sux

6. Malachi

Malachi Banned

Its obvious you may have the items, but you lack the skill to make a good amazon.

Comparing a barbarian to an amazon is not a wise choice. Btw, my hammerdin does 12k hammer damage while having 5 or 6 hammers in the air in no time, so I guess your barb sux too.

7. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

I wanna paste this up in my apartment.

And invite my English professor over to dinner.

8. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

Get Resists!

9. Shug_Ninx

Shug_Ninx IncGamers Member

Its because your damage sucks. I got around 1700-1800 multishot damage in 1.09 using a bow thats HALF the damage then the one you're carrying. You should have 200-250 into dex instead of 100 (is it 100, thats what I got after having to guess through your atrocious spelling). Get some ED jewels also. And I got news for you: any character dies if they're not inteligent enough to dodge WW's from barbs. Your life is used a cushion, not a savior. Since when the hell did you think your zon can survive 6k whirlwinds?

10. Aksama

Aksama IncGamers Member

Fantastic flame fatty, really is was sooo helpful to the topic... oh wow.

A question, do critical strike and deadly strike stack as the same thing or are they two seperate? if you have 49% Pierce, and 50% DS would that be 99% Double damage? or two seperate rolls for potentially 4x damage?

Annd, is buriza worth the 110 str points? I just spent them so I hope so, I'm eventually going to use a WF/Enigma... was it a waste to spend stats on str for Buriza?

Any suggestions?

11. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

I do 2k guided with my uped lycanders........on my nl zon, I think I do 5k physical guided with my WF, and 10k with all my elemental.

My zon on ladder is only level 70, but she has:

90 str
    around 300 dex
    60 vita

My zon on nl has

90 str
    400 dex
    50 vita

12. snowy_angelaaa

13. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

I'd say Woestave. :)

14. snowy_angelaaa

could any1 tell me whats the raw damg ga and multi thats shown on ur char panel? ie: without any auras. asume:300 dex at lvl75 for windy.

15. deathdefy

deathdefy Banned

^spellcheck^ :D

16. Aksama

Aksama IncGamers Member

Wow guys, stop with the random flames. Stupid spam like that deserves to be reported. I can't help with the Equation for base damage too much but I can suggest you go stafe instead of multi. It generally does kill faster then multi does, multi kills cows yes, but since they've been nerfed to such a fantastic degree in 1.10 the multizon is a dying breed IMO. (Strafe ruuules) And it's soo easy to level with them because in my experiences they kill fantastically fast! (And open to variation, GA/FA/IO, although many suggest against Immolation arrow, haha)

My 2 (more) cents.

17. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

You can not get both critical and deadly strike for 4x damage. Instead, they roll separately, first the critical strike, and if you don't get that, then you roll for deadly strike. Therefore, if you have 49% critical and 50% deadly strike, you have .49 + (.51 * .50) = 74.5% chance to do double damage.

As for comparing the damage on a bowazon to the damage on a barb, the barb should always come out on top. However, a bowazon can hit far more things in the same amount of time with either strafe or multishot, and can do it from a distance without being in the middle of things taking hits.

I've solo'd every part of hell in multiplayer games with a bowazon, with less than uber equipment, something that very few players could do with a barbarian, if it's even possible to do with one.

I'd recommend rebuilding your amazon, choosing different skills. Possibly do a FA/Strafe build, which combines high damage with safety. Multi/Guided amazons have difficulties dealing with the changes in 1.10, which is why so many people have come to the conclusion that bowazons are weak. Read some of the guides here, and use those as a reference when building your amazon, and you should have a much easier time.

18. snowy_angelaaa

my zon is mainly for pvp. i guess ga and multi is a must

19. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

IIRC lance of Yaggai has NO enhanced dmg just a bit of lightning dmg the overall dmg is like 30 max or something

20. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

But Woestave got some pretty nasty mods. ;)