Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Am i the only one?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by lone_wolf, Jun 20, 2005.

1. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

Am i the only one?

Who constantly make chars that break in late hell:rant:

grrr remake of my hammerdin got him to lev 86 near 87 but he is just to damn fragile for me to play with in late hell. *self censored* +1400 life means nothing grr.

ohh well atleast i got stormspire hel and gul out of it:(

....i want a mf char that can rival my fishy in security, speed and amount of mf

sigh

i just have to accept the fact that Azar is my most durable char

just needed to vent my frustration AND ask you people if you happen to do the same at time(hope im not the only one)

2. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Nope, sorry to say but if I'm ever off on a guess it's the other way around and my chars work better than I thought. Good example is my golemmancer who can rival my fishymancer when it comes to clearing the pit. NOT the WS K, though. IM > IG.

Well, I doubt you can rival a fishymancer in safety unless you stay in town. But you can certainly MF at reasonable speed in the WS K with just about every char you can think of. And it's certainly possible with a hammerdin.

3. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Wolfie, gimme your current stat/skill placement and gear equipped. I might be able to help you out some.

My hammerdin never had trouble with anything. So I'm confused as to what you're doing possibly wrong. :p

4. lone_wolf

o_O *imagine soon to be deleated ceran running up to those FI/PI moon lords backed up with conviction gloams and a pack of fanatism hell witches*

hum dead char was to close to moon lord boss:p

Azar has survived a situation like that a few times by now, Cerans said outch and died while crying for his mommy:scared:

lack of crowd control hurt sometimes;)

ohh well onward with drake and Taomi

atleast i have no expections on them.....

5. Nightfish

Wolfie, don't give up on your chars so easily. Slap a darksight helm on your paladin and a delirium on your merc and give it another go. I imagine you'll have a lot less trouble. You prolly dun even need the darksight if you feel you need more MF.

6. lone_wolf

lol serdash

equipment he used

harley ptopaz
    perfect maras
    perfect HoTo
    HoZ
    Enigma
    Arachnid Mesh
    soj
    wisp
    war travlers
    chance guards

naked stats:p

str 84
    dex 109
    vit 317
    energy base

char had +1400 life all res 75% in hell with gear on

about 9500-9700 blessed hammer damage

max block

lack of corwd control killed him nothing else

and i need crowd control when i MF so im going back to Azar and kill this char

all synergies to blessed hammer maxes and rest of points in holy shield

rest in pre skills

@nightfish i dont have darksight helm i traded mine away a long time ago and so far i have not found a new one. And i only have one delerium and it is in use

7. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Some nice gear you have there, what was your merc wearing?

8. lone_wolf

the reapers toll
    shaftstop
    Guillaume's Face

nothing wrong with the build or the items used i justn find hammerdins to fragile for my taste and they lack crowd control.

9. Nightfish

Well just mule the delirium over to this guy's merc then... You can get CB by smiting baal with a fleshripper, for example.

10. San

San IncGamers Member

My hammerdin does WSK runs pretty easily.

I just don't charge into big packs of ugly monsters.. if it looks bad, I divide them, smite a bit, and kill em.

My damage is probably worse then yours (HotO o_O)..

11. lone_wolf

*shakes head* every char has their own equipment and so does the mercs

so i wont mule over the delirium. Besides that char had a great offence but no defence. i want both on my main mf char. Azar fits that role with ease.
    Once again survival has beaten speed.

12. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

What player setting are you on? My own hammerdin with pretty much the same gear only has problems with large FE monsters/packs of dolls in the Throne Room.

Against witches, vipers, OK's, gloams, Ancient mummies: Tele on top of them, launch a few hammers, and tele away again to the next pack. These monsters have relatively weak melee attacks, and some prefer to flee rather than attack when you get close. By getting up close to them, you effectively neutralize them (just be careful with FE monsters). If there's a conviction enchanted boss or an OK casts lower resist on you with gloams around, switch to salvation.

Against dolls, frenzytaurs, lister, other dangerous FE monsters: Use your merc and the terrain to shield youself while you launch hammers. If you're near the exit where Baal sits, tele to the bottom of the stairs below Baal, and walk up a bit. Your merc should engage the monsters one or two at a time while you can stand up top and aim your hammers to hit the monsters your merc's keeping at bay.

13. piscene

piscene IncGamers Member

I feel your pain, brother. You get into such a groove playing through NM, then make some adjustments for Hell being harder, but then it gets REALLY hard later on. I have found that it is a strategy/patience issue. You need to adjust your playing speed and strategy to make up for those late Hell monsters being incredibly tough.

14. randy

randy IncGamers Member

Since 1.10 I don't think I've made a single character that hasn't suffered from exactly the problem you're discribing. It's a shame a guess but I just try and make sure I really enjoy Nightmare because most of time I get my HC characters into Hell at around Lv70-75 step out of the Rogue Encampment and BLAM.

:rolleyes:

15. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

I don't think Softcore 1.10 really starts until the Chaos Sanctuary.

Up until that, it's really just an impressive character generation screen.

-GG

16. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

not sure if it would help too much with the dying, but I'd suggest switching out those chancies for magefists or trang's. That'll help you reach the next breakpoint.

If you're running on p1 everything should be dead before they can kill you. Like kabby said, tp into the big packs of ranged monsters. They'll usually run away and you can get in a few cheap shots. The extra FCR will help with this too.

17. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Well all I can say is with that gear it has to be your playing style which is letting you down. That's an amazing setup. I've never played a pure hammerdin only a hammer/charge varient and he had no problem with players 8 hell as long as he didn't just rush in willy nilly and attract too large a group to himself. With teleport it should be easy enough to position your merc to take the majority of the hits while you wipe everything else out. Since he's a caster you want to ensure he's not taking many hits because he can't leech life back. Think of your merc as a big damage absorbing spounge. ;) That's how I play my casters.

18. Gohanman

Gohanman IncGamers Member

To echo what others have said, you have a GODLY equipment setup. My Hammerdin runs with a wizspike instead of HotO and Skullder's instead of Enigma. Honestly, I'm suprised you can manage to die with that setup. :p

Are you using Redemption? You only mentioned Hammer + synergies, pre-reqs, and Holy Shield. Being able to quickly refresh your life between fights helps a lot.

The only thing I ever have any real problems with are gloams, but a simple TGod's makes you basically invulnerable to them.

19. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

Good lord. You even bother MFing anymore?

20. cft

cft IncGamers Member

Heh, well, I've certainly had builds that are more fragile than expected.

Most recently, my Holy Shock zealot has got himself killed a lot in NM WSK. I was overconfident vs the OK's. His old weapon was low damage, so IM didnt matter. But he switched to a bigger weapon to help his life leech and I didn't adjust for IM.

On his way to recover his gear, he figured he was safe from IM with his fists + lightning aura damage. which he was. But he was attacking slow, no armor, no leech, decrepified, and got zeal-locked and got surrounded. Dead again. After that I got more careful, but it was frustrating.

The holy shock pally is pretty tough, yet he was toast as soon as I did something wrong. WSK is just nasty.

My hammerdin is ok, but he's fragile too. Mana burn is what scares him.

But comparing safety any non-minion build to a fishymancer is not fair. The minions builds are basically a lot safer, because the monsters have lots of other targets.