Am I the only one not able to view threads?

Cleglaw_Himself

Diabloii.Net Member
Me too.
All others open straight up to reply screen.
The servers were just down, maybe something to do with that?

Edit: Ahh, just read the top post - Board Corruption.
Obviously, too many dupes on this server too!
 

Mn_Swe2

Diabloii.Net Member
Cleglaw_Himself said:
Edit: Ahh, just read the top post - Board Corruption. Obviously, too many dupes on this server too!
Erhh... do I understand that post correct if I assume that this will be permanent for the old posts, they are gone? If that's the case, it plainly SUCKS!!!

Corrupt backup... database deleting itself... looks like someone screwed up big time :(

/Magnus

edit: from the post mentioned by Rushter?: "These thins unfortuantely happen from time to time and are unavoidable no matter what measures you take."

What alot of bullsh**
 

det

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh..so I am not the only one that has this problem? Well, not really a relief..don't need another corrupt HDD at D2, do we?
 

BattleCookie

Diabloii.Net Member
Mn_Swe2 said:
Erhh... do I understand that post correct if I assume that this will be permanent for the old posts, they are gone? If that's the case, it plainly SUCKS!!!

Corrupt backup... database deleting itself... looks like someone screwed up big time :(

/Magnus

edit: from the post mentioned by Rushter?: "These thins unfortuantely happen from time to time and are unavoidable no matter what measures you take."

What alot of bullsh**
Full acknowledge. Never heard of a database which deletes itself just for fun. There has to be any actions on this database to do that.

And there is only one backup of the forum? Is it overwritten every time a backup is made? Strange things happen ...

Sorry, i'm not a computer profi, but even i know that this is BS =)

BC
 

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
All thread replies somehow become corrupt, the backup gets lost, and moments later it's announced that there are two new forums... coincidence?
 

Mn_Swe2

Diabloii.Net Member
BattleCookie said:
Full acknowledge. Never heard of a database which deletes itself just for fun. There has to be any actions on this database to do that.

And there is only one backup of the forum? Is it overwritten every time a backup is made? Strange things happen ...

Sorry, i'm not a computer profi, but even i know that this is BS =)

BC
God damn!!! I assumed that only the posts from the last week or so (since what should have been the last backup) were corrupt, but it looks like we're worse off :(

I checked al lthe way back to the last page, and did a search in the forum for posts by me, and they are all gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you be soo stupid that you only have one backup, and overwrite it every time????????????

So much for my plans to adding a KTA-link on my webpage and write down the story of our adventures in one place :(

Yes, if you can't tell, I am mad about this.

Someone, please tell me that I'm wrong, and that everything will come back...

/Magnus
 

LuckyDwarf

Diabloii.Net Member
PhatTrumpet said:
All thread replies somehow become corrupt, the backup gets lost, and moments later it's announced that there are two new forums... coincidence?
Either my ignorance is playing tricks on me or I'd say it's a coincidence. But.. what do I know--I'm a Diablo II Addict.

Lucky
 

Silvervixen

Diabloii.Net Member
Its a shame to lose all our history, but still its the users that make the community not the history.

And i think you should give the guys a brake. I bet they are having a really bad day!

Anything we can do to help out?

Vix
 

Mn_Swe2

Diabloii.Net Member
Silvervixen said:
Its a shame to lose all our history, but still its the users that make the community not the history.

And i think you should give the guys a brake. I bet they are having a really bad day!

Anything we can do to help out?

Vix
Hehe, I guess you're right, but I still can't get over the "one-backup, if it doesn't work we're screwed" thing ;)

The stickys, guides et.c. I hope someone have saved locally, so we should be able to get all of that back?
 

Indemaijinj

Diabloii.Net Member
I still think those who run these forums should try to look over their backup procedures to see if anything could be done differently.



Forum crashes happens every now and then for sure, but corrupt backups are not something you hear about everyday.
 

det

Diabloii.Net Member
I guess Magnus is upset, because he works as a programmer and knows his share about backups and stuff.

Since this site is however basically provided for free and only possible thru the dedication of people like Ely, Gaile, Rushter (and lots more, not least our very own ZappaFan) I do not feel to have the right to complain or be harsh.

http://forums.rpgforums.net//showthread.php?t=126567

as a little eyeopener
 

ZappaFan

Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator
Moments later? You need to look closer at the dates on those announcements.



PhatTrumpet said:
All thread replies somehow become corrupt, the backup gets lost, and moments later it's announced that there are two new forums... coincidence?
 

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
Also one other thing to add here...

Check your internet cache files and repost everything that was valuable, such as guides and FAQs (like ZappaSan already did :) ), I've been doing the same all morning here with my work computer, though I don't have any HC guides on this computer, those are all back at home, provided I don't have it set to delete everything each day :p

Why rant about things not working when you could make them work again ;)
 

Mn_Swe2

Diabloii.Net Member
Borlag said:
Also one other thing to add here...

Check your internet cache files and repost everything that was valuable, such as guides and FAQs (like ZappaSan already did :) ), I've been doing the same all morning here with my work computer, though I don't have any HC guides on this computer, those are all back at home, provided I don't have it set to delete everything each day :p

Why rant about things not working when you could make them work again ;)
Hmmm, looked through it, and the only items it holds with a conection to this site is pic's from theese pages. Like our avatars. I can't find the whole pages with text et.c., so no help from me I'm afraid...
 

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
you looked in it the wrong way then...don't go straight to the folder, go to IE's own menu, tools, internet options, general-page, settings, from there choose view files and scroll through them.

Remember that they are stored there but if you double click them it tries to go to that URL, so you have to manually move the file to another folder and then open it, that way you can check the files...I know it's slow and painful but it's the only way to bring some of the stuff back.
 

Mn_Swe2

Diabloii.Net Member
Borlag said:
you looked in it the wrong way then...don't go straight to the folder, go to IE's own menu, tools, internet options, general-page, settings, from there choose view files and scroll through them.

Remember that they are stored there but if you double click them it tries to go to that URL, so you have to manually move the file to another folder and then open it, that way you can check the files...I know it's slow and painful but it's the only way to bring some of the stuff back.
No, it's the same info I see if I go about it like this, or if I go directly to the folder. Very few html files over all, mostly just small jpegs, as for our avatars and stuff.

But thx for the tip :)
 
Top