Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Am I screwed out of a skill point?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by wheel-of-doom, Sep 20, 2006.

1. wheel-of-doom

wheel-of-doom IncGamers Member

Am I screwed out of a skill point?

I was doing the rounds for all the skill quests for norm, nightmare, and hell and I did radament in nightmare. I then went on to do hell radament without using my nightmare skillbook. When I killed radament in hell the book dropped but I was unable to pick it up, so I used my nightmare one. Then I still couldn't pick it up. I exited that game and redid the quest in both nightmare and hell and no book. Am i screwed out of a skillpoint?

2. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

count the skill points you have, the allocated and the left ones. You shoud have clvl -1 + 12 points if all skillquest are made.

3. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

using your nm skill book in hell could have finished the hell quest instead of hell
    try killing radamant in nm to see if he drops another book

4. wheel-of-doom

My paladin is level 82 and all the skill quests are finished in the log, I've spent 92 skill points. I'm definitely missing one. And I already tried killing radament in hell and nightmare a second time to see if he would drop another book. The only thing that might work is if someone else completes the quest with me there, he might drop one book for them and one for me. The only problem with that is I dont know anyone that needs the nightmare and hell rad quests.

5. nydo

nydo IncGamers Member

I am in a similar position for a different reason, in that I killed radament in normal, and picked up the skill book a couple seconds later and used it, had a connection interrupt about a minute later when I was picking up stuff in the area, and when I made a new game a few minutes later, the old game had saved to those few seconds after radament was dead, but before I picked up my skill book.
    In the new game, i didn't have a skill book, hadn't used it (I am short the point from it), and my quest tells me to talk to atma. Also, in the original game, I used the skill book and didn't assign it to a skill, so if it had saved it, it would be available for assignment.
    Also, in the new game, I went and killed radament again; no skill book dropped. I will go back and try to do it in a pubby game, but it looks like this bug robbed my character of a skill point.

6. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

i think thats your best bet - another way might be to try completing the quest in a game which still has people not beyond andy.

7. nydo

nydo IncGamers Member

I did the above, and a skill book did drop, as well as the one for the other character with the quest open, so this appears to be the solution.

8. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

Yeah, just do it with a char that hasn't done the quest yet will solve the problem. In worst case, just rush a char to NM and do the quest, then use the book from that char and delete it afterwards.

9. wheel-of-doom

Ok I finally found someone to help me with that and I got my skill book. Thanks for the help.

But with something good I also had something bad. I went to put a socket in my singer barbs awesome self found circlet. Put the socket in it, put the shael in it, put it on the ground, got on my barb, pick it up, run outside to test out my newly inserted shael, and boom I get connection interrupted. I join a duel game to try it out (since nothing could cause hti recovery in act 1 norm) and here it didnt save when i got disconnected and I lost my circlet. [​IMG]

:cry:

10. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Never never ever put items worth more than a um on the ground... I've lost stuff this way too. Best was a unid torch, after getting CI when I had killed the ubers, and had just rejoined with another char (with no torch) and then bam!! connection interrupted.

The game always gets deleted from CI too :(

11. Hemaka

Hemaka IncGamers Member

sometimes I wonder if the lameo's don't d/c games on purpose..
    *reps watching game*
    "hey look! he dropped another one!!"

"shut it down bob!! baahahaahahah"

12. MN12Thunder

MN12Thunder IncGamers Member

Things like that are the reason why I no longer do a self-muling of really significant items. I'm trying to get a second copy of the game and expansion, either from a friend who doesn't play anymore, or at last resort buy another copy of the game and expansion so I can trade with myself. I've lost SOJs back when they were more valuable and a handful of decent charms, but nothing good and literally unique like that circlet.

13. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

You know they do, too. I personally, have gotten about 75% of C/I's when I really don't need them...

14. JME

JME IncGamers Member

I've often wondered about this issue myself so I'm glad it's resolved. As for blizz screwing with people on the servers......probably.