Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Am i ready for ubers?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by uncountednose, Sep 13, 2006.

1. uncountednose

uncountednose IncGamers Member

Am i ready for ubers?

ok frenzy barb i did my stats in the normal way w/ more dex than is recommended(i like to hit things but im considering rerolling). just enough str to equip, a little dex, no energy and everything else in vitality. im lvl ** at the moment and after i bo i end up in the neighorhood of 3000 life. and around 10000 def after shout. my equip is as follows,

arreats(clean)
    maras(22)
    coh around 950 def
    dual botd cb(i do around 3000 per hand)
    +3 cta and echoing spear on switch
    dracs(10% ctc life tap i think)
    string of ears(14%)
    gores
    ravenfrost
    wisp or dwarf star(any ideas on this are welcome)
    barb torch(low)
    +1 warcry charm

i did my skills fairly typical i think
    max bo
    max shout
    1 point battle command
    max frenzy
    few points in sword mastery
    10 to double swing
    working on getting 10 to taunt
    1 point in the two skills after taunt(forget the names)
    1 point berserk
    1 point in iron skin,nat res,inc speed,inc stamina
    1 point pre-reqs

i think thats all. the majority of my free wealth is in this char so please all suggestions should be attainable w/ 2 high runes at the most. im thinking about putting one skill point in mace mastery and having dual black clubs on switch after i pre-buff w/ bo etc... w/ cta and echoing spear. i was liking black because of the 40% cb with really cheap runes. im not using a merc at the moment and im not sure i want one, maybe defiance merc? im non-ladder by the way.

2. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Lol your build is no good, a few pts into mast??? max shout??? Ew no wonder your doing 3k dmg.
    Looks like you need more vita,3k life isnt alot,get a Dungos w/ 40 vita.
    Man just re-build, whered you get that you dont have to max mast?
    Switch the Maras for Hlords.Ravenfrost is the best ring, AR/dex and CBF is great.
    Dont see alot of CB there,if any.You cant Uber without CB.
    Rebuild and use eDeath+Beast since your nl.You cant do ubers without CB and duel Black maces are just too weak.

3. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

I have to agree as well rebuild,

i mean the golden things to max on any barb apart from singer are

• weap mastery
    • BO
    • Primary attack, i.e frenzy in ur case and then add to synergies
    • Shout is not needed a whole lot.
    Also ur stats should look like this,

• Enought str to wear heaviest item( get torch and anni it will save points)
    • Enought dex to use items Never pump dex to get Ar as the return in ar per point is ridiculously low, if u need ar use 2x ravens + enchant from a demonlimb or use ar/life scs PLUS max the weapon mastery, this is where u get ur attack rating and dmg from! ( again get torch and anni it will save points)
    • Everything else into Vita

I maxed double swing and added a few points to my frenzy which is currently lvl 87.

Just rebuild, ur life is low + ur dmg and also weapon wise, depending how flexable u are with the wealth the strongest frenzy combos are death+beast or beast +LW.

CoH is ok if ur struggling for res but u could also just make a trechery rw armour which has a Chance to cast a lvl 15 fade which wil last for 5 mins, giving 15% pdr + 60 all res and 8x% curse reduction, and a kira helm vs mephisto.

Other gears to factor are;

• guillemes face - as the huge cb and ds is good,
    • goblin toes/gores - goblins give 25% cb or u could take gores with the all round dmg mods like cb/ds/Ow
    • Duress or Forti - armour again with enought cb + ds from gear u will slaughter the ubers fast with a forti with the extra ed dmg u get from the armour, Durress is good as it has some cb as well as Ow which wil slow regeneration fo the ubers.
    • 2x raven + highlords are standard for the dmg and huge DS % u get from highlords as well as ias and light res vs Mephisto. Mara is not good amu for a barb at all compared to highlords which is giving upto 35% chance to hit Deadly strike, giving double dmg and ias + the needed light res and all it lacks is 1 skill.
    • thundergods to switch in vs mephisto.

4. matchuk

matchuk IncGamers Member

even tho your build isnt perfect i think u can do it

my friends barb has kinda similar gear and not the best skill stat/skill placement he can do trist, um the arreats and have some full rejuvs before tap kicks in and u be fine

5. uncountednose

response and more questions

ok thanks for the input. and my mistake it actually is highlord im wearing not maras. um, i definately want to get dungos and i know this isnt the proper forum but what kind of price would be fair for that and while we're at it how about tgods and guilammes face? since everyone stresses the lightning damage from should i also load up on lightning resist charms? in response to the critiques i agree i definately put to much in dexterity and that was a mistake. my life after bo is 3188 how much do i want to have? keep in mind that ill get around 150 more from dungos depending on how high vit bonus is. i did only put enough str to equip. i guess i should have mentioned that i was going to pre-buff w/ treachery. i cannot afford death unless someone was willing to do a straight trade for one of my swords and since death is a ladder only runeword it would be unlikely anyone would trade for an ebotdcb when zerkers are all the rage now. i dont think i can afford an anni also. i hang out in hell games all the time and diablo never shows his face :( the thought behind the two blacks is that they only have one good mod the 40% cb. from my understanding your actual damage is minimal and cb pretty much does all the work making the damage from the weapon itself unimportant. i was just seeing this as a low cost way to get a real high cb. i also was wondering if the cb stacks or if you only have one weapon w/ crushing blow if it carries over to other. my instinct tells me that it wont. ive been considering using duress but fortitude is, once again, out of my price range and only has deadly strike a much less effective mod for this application even though it has that godly damage enhancement. additionally i understated my actual damage, i do about 1470-3870 per hand which i thought was a pretty respectable amount of damage, how much should i be aiming for? i also think i understated my investment in weapon mastery i have 10 hard points in it. finally i really dont understand the critique of using shout, is defense not important? with my current defense hell ball only has a 24% chance of hitting me. it seems pretty useful to reduce the amount of hits you receive especially since blocking is out of the question for frenzy barb.

6. uncountednose

sorry about the long response i didnt realize it had gotten so long

7. Uvatha

Uvatha IncGamers Member

Remaking is an option, but not mandatory.

To reach the best with the char you already have, you should focus on the following mods: IAS, Crushing Blow, Resistances, life, AR.

You need to check the IAS BPs for frenzy and CB. Try to reach the fastest BP you can. There are some rules you must follow to check the BP for frenzy, like the first weapon total IAS, the second weapon base IAS, and gear IAS. You didnt mention amulet, but it should be High lords, and not only due to the IAS on it. Your helm could use an IAS jewel (with ED would be great) if you need a bit more IAS to reach another BP, make the math.

Scrap the second ebotdcd and get yourself a sword w/ CB. Kingslayer and Last Wish comes to mind, but you may have some other options, check them all. A goblin toe could be of some use, but you will loose some other nice mods from gores. Guillaumes face is a very good helm, and have some nice mods other than CB itself, problem is Arreats face is a hell of a helm too. Try both, before socketing, and see what you like best.

Prebuffing resistances with fade from treachery is almost mandatory when you dont sport a Last Wish. Other than that, get some charms (all res or fire/light), anni and torch. I think you are good enought with CoH, but make sure you have some Lres and Fres stacked.

Life and AR you must get them from charms. All stats you get from now on, dump them on vitality.

8. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

K to answer some questions;

U should be easing like 5k + hp i hit that and my inventry nots even full with hp charms and about 6 squares unused, without using bo sticks so yes ur hp is low.

Not really ur dmg is ridiculously low my frenzy setup is nl i do 6.4k on botd hand and 3.2k on beast hand, u see the difference?
    I can reach higher than this if i use a forti + i still have enought cb on my gear cuz i use guillmes face giving 35% cb + gores + beast which is like 85% total chance on beast hand and 65% chance on botd hand, and i still have alot of ds 15% from the helm 3x% from the highlords and the 15% from gores, equals 60-65% ds.

Also i don't think defence is much of an issue at all cuz u will be howling most minnions away + most of the dmg in trist is elemental so how do u gain?

Also with black it cannot be made in a sword or axe and most other weaps are either 2 slow, + 2x back wont get u max frenzy speed bp.

9. uncountednose

thanks for the answers sichalo. your post seems to actually address my questions and gives me an idea what to do.

10. uncountednose

well went ahead and did ubers w/ same basic equip except switched in guilammes and t.gods. apparently my pitiful life is very adequate against ubers because ive done them 4 times now and i havent died yet. havent timed myself yet but it doesnt seem to take long either. in 2 of those games i was tag teamed by diablo and baal. the only potions i used was mana against baal and some rejuvs before life tap cast. it was actually kinda disappointing how easy it was.

it seems that the the fact that i was a frenzy pvm build and not pvp was lost in the translation. 3K damage(actually more like 3.5) is more than enough especially with the bonuses from coh and botd to undead and demons. the just over 4k life that i achieved with a few more levels was more than sufficient and the 50%cb i got when i added guillames was more than enough. probably could have stuck with my string of ears but its nice to not worry about light attacks.

in conclusion pvm builds dont need to be perfect or use godly gear. the only item i have that i consider elite would be the swords which everyone seemed anxious for me to drop.

11. Spankeh

Spankeh IncGamers Member

Hey dude, get this..

With 5878 life, i dont even use dracs, or lifetap for ubers anymore. Instead, i use LoH gloves, and cast decrepify on ubers.
    Decrepify is my lifetap so to speak, and allows me to do more damage from -50% physical enemy resists, and 350% damage to demons from LoH gloves.

But, thats probably a little advanced for most to grasp, gg have fun

12. Uvatha

Uvatha IncGamers Member

Not a big deal. Tested myself and I still would use LW axe and keep my BO switch instead of having to use swords to equip a lawbringer on switch. Well maybe with decrepfy instead of life tap the Ubers could be a better challenge.

13. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

It's not advanced. It's just using your head :) Good thing you're doing it.. ;)

14. avm

avm IncGamers Member

Yeah I don't quite get it.

15. RomeoVsJuliet

RomeoVsJuliet IncGamers Member

Had you boys and girls seen my pally that did ubers i'm quite sure this barb can. Just not easily. It wasnt easy for me but there were also 2 other people in the game and I was lvl 79. Had the lowest grief possible, draculs grasp begging for it to cast life tap. The problem was meph. He was the only proplem. That son of a *****.

By the time I got to him aswell I was surrounded by skels and mages casting at me haha :( .

16. uncountednose

thats exactly the point, it was easy.

i guess part of the problem is that i play through the game as versus getting g-rushed and leeching xp of chaos and baal runs until lvl 75+.

if you actually play through there comes a time when you dont have the extra 10-20 stat points from torch and/or anni but you need to put on your equipment.

now i admit that if your dueling the quest part of the game is just an ends to a mean (i.e. getting you to high enough level to dress and duel) but im playing the game for the fun of it so i add the points as i need them. i add as few as possible to equip once i meet lvl requirments but once i equip everything i find i could have saved many stat points by getting g-rushed and chaosing. that just doesnt appeal to me though.

my main point is that you dont need to make a "zero stat point wasted" build to accomplish what seems to be the most difficult quest of the game. also that the difficulty of the ubers is exaggerated, my char is probably not good enough to solo in a full game, at least not easily, but he has no real problem taking them on by himself.

17. Neurofuzzy

Neurofuzzy IncGamers Member

I´m not sure I understood the thing right: do you actually wait for Life Tap to cast from the Drac gloves? I did Tristram 3 times by now using a life tap wand on weapon switch...

18. uncountednose

yes, i just wait for it to cast. i usually have to use a couple of rejuv pots per run due to waiting for life tap to cast but a frenzy barb is swinging really fast so you end up casting pretty quick usually. also your normal life leech will work against minions(except mephistos skeles) so i usually dont howl them away until life tap casts(except mephistos skeles of course i howl them away immediately)

19. Neurofuzzy

Neurofuzzy IncGamers Member

Ok, now I understand why so many people insist in saying you need a frenzy barb to do ubers!

20. Spankeh

Spankeh IncGamers Member

While your still building up your frenzier use dracs for lifetap
    Once hes strong, you can ditch lifetap for decrepify