Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Am I ready for hell?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Tensaiga, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Tensaiga

Tensaiga IncGamers Member

Am I ready for hell?

Well...this will be my first time venturing into hell since 1.09, and I honestly don't know if I am ready for the challenges that face me. I would appreciate it if some people could give their expert advice and perhaps suggestions...All stats include gear and charms, but not buffs.

Tinil, Level 73 Druid
    145 STR
    161 DEX
    184 VIT
    90 NRG

635 Life
    382 Mana

Mainhand - Islestrike
    Offhand - Lidless Wall
    Head - Jalal's Mane
    Body - Skin of the Vipermagi
    Gloves - Magefist
    Belt - IK Detail
    Boots - IK Pillar

Amulet - Rare, +1 elemental, +14 all resists and minor stuff
    Ring1 - Ravenfrost
    Ring2 - Rare, 10% FCR, some resists, and some crap

Attack1 - Tornado, 2342-2499 damage
    Attack2 - Hurricane, 1361-1475 damage
    Cyclone Armor, Absorbs 1144 elemental damage

Merc has a Crown of Thieves, ethereal Corpse Mourn, and a Bonehew with some crappy gems I need to flush come to think of it...

I have Hurricane, Tornado, and Twister maxed, working on Cyclone Armor, but no idea what is after that. I'm gonna guess points into Grizzly or sage.

But...my gear seems pretty mediocre to me. I would appreciate any suggestions given, although I will understand if I am directed to the druid forum for that. I would ask there but...I really can't afford an engima or anything else that realmers consider "basic gear". I plan to use a stormshield for blocking eventually...you know...when I get one <_<;;.

And...yeah. I have just over 1k life with my Sage out. I am kinda shaky on both my life and my damage output, so will I need to get some good skill charms or something? Should I just play conservatively? Any random tips?

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

I say go for it. Your gear is decent. No point in parking yourself in NM. You will have to play conservatively though, especially without max block and no PDR%.

Most Windy druids will aim for the 99% FCR breakpoint, which allows 11 fpc. You can go one breakpoint down at 12 fpc. Your Tornado damage is good. My Windy is twinked to the teeth and only manages slightly over 1000 damage more than yours. So you're almost there damage-wise.

Make a habit of constantly re-casting Cyclone Armour. You can skimp on resistances if you do that. And it is a life-saver when facing Gloams.

You can max either Oak Sage or Grizzly. A maxed OS will live for a few fractions longer, as they still have terribly low life. I maxed Grizzly instead. A maxed Grizzly has 85 resist all, enough life, and can actually kill things in Hell /p1.

3. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

your damage and life seems ok and with cyclone armour you should be ok with average resists. all i can say is give it a try and gd luck

4. Tensaiga

Hrm...Question: My islestrike gives me +2 druid skills and +10 to all stats. Would this be worth it to trade it out for say, a wizardspike or something? Wizardspike would get me up to 130% FCR, would put every resist at 75 (27,24,30,14 now in hell), and give me enough mana that blue pots would nearly be a thing of the past?

I sacrifice about 300 damage from tornado however (2117-2266 as compared to 2381-2541 since I hit the den of evil), and get slightly less HP and blocking (From 40% to 37% :flip:).

Any gear advice at all? Maybe not for right now, but sort of ideas to "shoot for" in time?

5. FrostBurn

6. Tensaiga

Wow, thanks Frostburn! My druid will definatly end up modeled after Sulimo in the end. Well, to the best of my ability. Things like HotO look tasty but I doubt I could get the runes :cry:. Other gear looks nice yet attainable! Look out hell, here comes Tinil!

...After a few more Baal runs. And /players 8 baal seems to hate me in a way no other monster does. He teleports when I find a sweetspot else he knocks me back with his cold arrow, he drains my mana, and he isn't very nice to my merc.:rolleyes:

7. FrostBurn

The necro unique wand, Suicide Branch, is a mini-HotO. :laugh:

8. Tensaiga

Ironically, I thought of that a few days ago. Boy was I glad when this nice chap CoS was offering a free suicide branch in his giveaway. I could definatly make use of it! Sadly, we all know how THAT went.

9. FrostBurn

I'll soon be doing several (read: thousands) of Hell Meph runs. First Suicide Branch I find is yours.

10. Tensaiga

Well, I'll race ya...that is to say, if Suicide Branch can drop off nightmare meph. I ran back to act 3 to do a meph run with my MF gear (~200%, and it does hurt my killing speed...can probably get ~130% or so with no real loss)...turns out the entrance to durance 3 spawned 1 room away from the WP, which I take as a sign that I should probably run a few times on this map and not return til I get massively bored...

Oh well, did a run or two, nothing good dropped, and now I am sleepy. I will definatly be happy if I can get a branch for free however, so happy hunting with those mephs! Ciao