Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Am I missing something with Poison?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by jabarony, Oct 29, 2006.

1. jabarony

jabarony Diabloii.Net Member

Am I missing something with Poison?

Does poison ____ suck or am I doing something wrong? I've made dozens of different character types with varying success, and I've never had a decent poison skill char. My throwing barb is more dangerous than these chumps. Keep in mind I can afford pretty much most of the gear in the game. So far I've made:

Poison Necro - Maxed the synergys etc. Tried p-dagger and p-nova. Very slow (and not too fun).

Rabies Druid - Disaster. Again slow kill speed. I struggled in Hell.

Venom Assasin - I usually don't PVP, but I tried with this one. Had venom maxed with kicks & shadow skills. I put d-web/bramble/shadow dancer/20-20 psn monarch/trang gloves etc. I figured there is no Poison Absorb, so my attack should be pretty deadly (though I didn't have any defense). Nope. I could kick someone all day and it didn't seem to faze them.

Just wondering if anyone built a Poison char that was a success either PvP or PvM?.....Plague Javalin?!!

2. pimpadryla

pimpadryla Diabloii.Net Member

well plague zon would probly be more succesful in pvp,u have to make sure mu have right tactic and right last hp point attack to finish your opponent, something like guided arrow or fury on plague zon,

3. NokturnaL

NokturnaL Diabloii.Net Member

I have a very successful rabies/fury druid for pvp. use that dweb and psn faceted monarch on your rabies druid for the switch trick. infect with rabies, switch to dweb/monarch fast, then switch back for great pvp psn dmg.

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Well equipped psn nova necromancers do very well in pvm. Maybe not 8player games, but still.

5. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana Diabloii.Net Member

My poison necro did very well in PvM. The secret lies in -% enemy poison resist.

6. Merick

Merick Diabloii.Net Member

You did cast Lower res didn't you? Poison necros, venom martial artists, poison javers, and rabies-ers are all capable of clearing hell. Untwinked even.

7. jabarony

jabarony Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the advice. One more question - On a facet, does the poison damage have to come from a skill? I would assume -% resist is -% resist, but would, let's say, a 100 psn damage small get the + poison 'skill' damage? Or is it only skill-tree poisons that work? Same question for "adds fire damage" weaps etc.

Thanks.

8. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana Diabloii.Net Member

The -% enemy poison resist can come from anywhere (gear, Facets, skills), and all sources of poison damage will benefit from the +% poison damage (poison charms, poison skills, etc.).

9. Tim B

Tim B Diabloii.Net Member

i'm really enjoying my lvl49 pvp plague zon atm. guided arrow to finish. or sometimes fireball if i wear trangs armour and gloves.