Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Am I building a correct smiter?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by pbjax, Sep 30, 2006.

1. pbjax

pbjax IncGamers Member

Am I building a correct smiter?

Okay. Well, my paly is my very first char on US East. He is lvl 35 right now(or something like that) and I think he is doing quite decent.

Skills:
    Smite-15
    Fantasicm-5( around there)
    Holy shield-7( aroudn there)
    and a wasted 3 points in might
    defiance-2
    plus pre-reqs

My shiled does 3-9 smite dmg. It wasn'te until i started to learn fantaisicm that i could actually kill this quickly and effectively. Right now, at lvl 35, or something like that, I can pretty much kill almost everything in the waves of minions, and I can single Baal.

Also, is Baal supposed to like just sit there and glitch or something when I am smiting him? Because thats what happens.

Please post your comments

Oh yeah, my gear sucks. Nuthin good, according to everyone I talk to in the game.

2. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

Check out the guides here... So far, things look good, but NM and Hell will be very difficult for you... Smite has no crowd control really... After you get some plus skills items, and holy shield maxed out, concider some points in zeal... It will help you alot with massive waves of monsters that you will encounter in the NM and Hell difficulties... Do read some of the guides before you get too invested into him...

*Requiem_Death

3. pbjax

pbjax IncGamers Member

k, thx. well, what gear would you suggest. im not rich, but im sure some descent gear would help. right now, im using the general flail for the speed. what other gear would you recommend?

4. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

Anything that grants resists... Socketed shields with perfect diamonds, Shael'd weapons for speed, crafted items, etc... Look into this: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=425449

PvM, there isn't much that you cannot do with this build, and I think yours can be modded slightly to fit it... At your current level though, you may want to do this: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=370389

I've used the latter one, and it is very effective, however, I think the first one would be far more effective... This way, you can magic find, cow run, D key run, Baal run, kill ubers, kill DClone, yadda yadda... Very good all around character IMO...

*Requiem_Death

5. pbjax

pbjax IncGamers Member

okay, ill try it, thx alot