Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Am I alone on my style of play?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PluckyNinja, Mar 21, 2005.

1. PluckyNinja

PluckyNinja IncGamers Member

Am I alone on my style of play?

I have been playing D2 and D2X off and on since they came out. I have a few characters of every class, all SP SC. I run past way points sometimes but all my charcaters have done every quest they come across. I only rarely trade items between charcters if they havent finished normal. I have only a few charcters who have even made it to hell. Heck, I even still gossip with the townsfolk sometimes. Am I alone on my style of play? I use /players 8 most of the time so my not giving my low level characters uber items and making them do every quest slows down their leveling right? Is there anything else I could be doing to level faster?

2. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

I tend to play like you, little or no twinking, I kill Nili every time, I pick up each and every item. It goes slow, the only thing I've found to make it go faster is to MP, otherwise, enjoy the journey. :)

3. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

You're not alone. It seems that you like a challenge which explains why you hardly trade or play untwinked. Just keep playing the way you like. This is how I usually play until recently. Just wanted to try something different so I have checked out the giveaways in this forum and have gotten some nice items. Thanks to generous forum members! :thumbsup: Once I get tired of twinking, I'll probably go back to using whatever I find on other characters that I make. :)

4. Battousai

Battousai IncGamers Member

Believe me, you're not alone in that style of play at all.. I'm still trying to beat Hell with some of my characters and they are usually characters with little to no twinking. It's fun playing that way, and I'll admit even though it's tempting to twink out a character. However, the times I do that I feel like I'm robbing myself of some of the experience of playing. Of course when you find somethings that are really useful it's tempting to put them on a character who will put it to good use :cool: .

5. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

I go through the game pretty slowly myself. I do get every waypoint and finish every quest. I don't pick everything up. I used to, but it takes way too long. Lately, I don't even pick up magical items anymore, just rare, unique, set, etheral and socketed. Every now and then, I'll pick something up if I don't recognize the name, but other wise I don't. Because I play a barb mostly, I spend the time to hork every dead body too. Slow, but thats my play style. :D

I do play untwinked for the most part, but I do mule to ATMA.

6. Boulos

Boulos IncGamers Member

You are most definitely not alone. I level fairly slowly myself. I usually clear all areas and get most waypoints. If I miss one here and there, I usually go back later to get it.

I used to pick up everything that wasn't white or grey. But lately I leave most of the blues on the ground. Especially Bows, Spears, and some of the other things you don't get much gold for. I still pick up most blue armors since you get pretty nice prices for them most of the time.

I try not to mule through Normal...but sometimes I get impatient and do it anyway. :)

7. Chaossblade

Chaossblade IncGamers Member

i just started playing, but also am like you cant stand uncovered places and spend so much time training i think my eyes r rotting from staring at the screen too much... however now i never pick up all items but only those i think maybe interesting... the inventory size is too smal...darn.. usually very little items for me are picked up