Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Alternate Resource System - Questions and More

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Nojin, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Nojin

Nojin IncGamers Member

Alternate Resource System - Questions and More

Greetings,

I have been looking around for threads, fan suggestions, rumors, articles and general information on the alternative resource system Blizzard is going to use for the characters in Diablo 3.

I am currently in the process of writing articles that detail speculation and suggestions for the alternate resource system the characters will use in D3.

I have also been searching for specific information on the "dynamic" aspect of the gameplay. That is, what will keep the player on their toes, separate the good players from the experts, and in general keep players from getting bored of combat.

Here are some concepts I have been thinking about, and am very interested in finding out if they have been covered (in detail) already:

The "theory" that Combo-moves are a form of resource
    Monk using Chi/Qi/Ki
    Wizard's resource system causing her to be a glass cannon
    Witch Doctor's use of a summon cap (think RTS unit cap, like WC3 food)
    Idea of dynamic combat, coming internally (character based dynamism) and externally (environment/enemy based dynamism)
    Affects of Willpower on alternate resources.

If you guys have any comments on these, please give me your ideas! (I'll give credit where it's due.) Also, if these subjects sound familiar, please point me in the right direction (ie threads/articles/etc).

Thanks a lot!

2. Srikandi

Srikandi IncGamers Member

Re: Alternate Resource System - Questions and More

There are some relevant threads in the class forums on this board, I'd recommend looking there.