Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Altering Monster Spawn-size

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Kindo, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kindo

Kindo IncGamers Member

Altering Monster Spawn-size

Greetings,

Now that Diablo III has been announced, my room-mate and I have decided to re-play good old Diablo II. If it be possible, we would like to alter certain aspects of the game data, however, and I am aware of all kinds of MPQ-editors and the like to do so, but the process in itself is too much of a hassle to go through; and I clearly remember using a mod/editor-tool of some kind that allowed you to easily alter aspects inside the patch_d2.mpq-file to allow for - among other things - larger spawn-sizes of monster groups. I have been scouring the Internet for a couple of days already, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is anyone here aware of the program I'm referring to? If not, perhaps you know of some other tool which grants similarly easy-to-use editing-options.

I have obviously read the forum rules, and I feel that my request does not fall within the 'disallowed hacks/cheats'-topic, seeing how this is a way of editing game files locally, which naturally does not work on Battle.net (I believe you will be stopped upon log-in if your MPQ-file does not correspond with the original). We are just searching for an editing tool to use privately, and is somewhat easy to understand. Correct me if I'm wrong, however.

Regards,

Kindo

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Re: Altering Monster Spawn-size

It's still not allowed because you are altering the game into something that Blizzard did not intend, or allow in it's closed realms. While not really a hack or cheat in the sense that you are (or could be?) gaining an unfair advantage over others) it's still altering game play, and thus not allowed here.

However it might be something more suited to an SP mod. I would suggest sending a PM to Thyiad and ask if the topic is allowable in SP Forums here, before you go ahead and post it there.

:closed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.