Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Alright, that's enough testing.

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Steven Hazani, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Steven Hazani

Steven Hazani IncGamers Member

[​IMG]

Let me know if there's any interest in reporting my findings. They're not all about the Conduit Boards. It's a huge post so I'm not writing it for nothing.

2. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

I'm sure we'd all like to hear the latest shizzy about the wizzy :)

3. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Honestly I think your time is better spent providing specific feedback to Blizz, that's why they have the PTR. Any analysis made right now is premature since the PTR is likely to go a while longer and how much could change between now and then? Look how much stuff changed on the last PTR from start to finish...

But if all you want to do is vent about how much everything still sucks, then go for it.

Jcakes and Katniss like this.
  4. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Haha, let's give Steven an honest chance here!

5. Steven Hazani

This is also a much shorter testing time and absolutely nothing has changed yet, not even the glaring bugs such as trials and FB.

That said, when has Blizzard ever heeded test realm feedback? Remember the double scaling bug on live? People reported it, a lot. Still went live for weeks. And the trial bug is basically the same thing manifesting in a different way.

I could link this thread on the official forums but just having the few people I know understand what's going on is the most I expect will come of it.

6. ZappaFan

The trials bug is known (was reported by Blizz very quickly), I'd bet your paycheck that won't go on live. Did the double scaling bug get fixed?

Everybody has their own idea how quickly things should be fixed, when most of the time nobody has the slightest idea exactly what has to be done in order for a fix to go live.

7. Steven Hazani

They said they knew about it the instant the servers went live. But it's still there. It definitely is the double scaling bug, if you do a trial on Normal you get a much smaller number.

The double scaling bug I was originally referencing though was the one where you'd zone out while your party members were in combat and when they killed something you'd get experience based on GR level and game level but only if you were NOT in the GR.

8. ZappaFan

The "Did the double scaling bug get fixed?" was rhetorical, I thought that was fixed... albeit not as quickly as people thought it should have been (my point).

I don't see the scaling bug not being fixed yet on the PTR as a big deal. How much does that affect testing really? Blizz will probably do a wipe on the PTR as they usually do and implement an updated version with that fix in it I would imagine.

9. ZappaFan

And if Allen Iverson played Diablo...

But we talkin' bout PTR, man. What are we talkin' bout? PTR? We talkin' bout PTR man. We talkin' bout PTR. We talkin' bout PTR. We ain't talkin' bout Live, we talkin' bout PTR, man.

10. Steven Hazani

My point is you don't let things that give 70 billion experience an hour go live, ever, especially if you have at least weeks of advance notice. Blizzard did do that, which is what's fueling the comments about ignoring testers and what probably prompted the buff incentive. I mean just the fact the one thing we all agreed on was remove pylons in GRs and instead we got the exact opposite should tell you how much our feedback is valued by them. So while I can inform other players, help combat all this false information flying around, I can't reach the devs because they're in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

11. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Whats this thing you are referring to? I thought this was a SOLO game .....

12. Steven Hazani

Oh you know, the guys that get you killed. Kappa

13. Solwolf

Solwolf Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

You know we went to high school together.

ZappaFan likes this.