Almost got pissed at ATMA

xduckster

Diabloii.Net Member
Almost got pissed at ATMA

Well today I decided to do some number crunching for my light sorc and I came to the conlusion that I need to make a crescent moon for it. I open up ATMA and put an Um, Shael, Tir a second lidless wall (1 for each weapon switch) and a 3os Crystal sword into my inventory.

Then, I alt-tabed back into Diablo. I realized that I had forgotten to exit the charachter before putting the stuff in in ATMA. So I exited Diablo. I accidentaly do this all the time, so I know that when ATMA asks you wheter you want to reload the file you need to say no. This time though, my fingers decided to misbehave and clicked yes. :rant:

Needless to say I was incredibly pissed. I had just lost my only Um and all that number crunching was for nothing. Then I remembered. I just reformatted my computer this week! I haven't had a chance to play much since Diablo was reinstalled. I didn't find any grail items and my sorc had only grown 1 level. I was saved. :cloud9: I quickly pulled out my USB key and reverted back to my old files. Ok, so my sorc lost a level (yea... that was all I had time for this week) but who cares. Now I have a shiney new toy to play with. :grin::jig:

Crescent Moon
Crystal Sword
'ShaelUmTir'
One-Hand Damage: 15 to 47
Durability: 16 of 20
Required Strength: 43
Required Level: 47
Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 16
Fingerprint: 0x822ddb92
+215% Enhanced Damage
20% Increased Attack Speed
Ignore Target Defense
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
+9 Magic Absorb <--- Worst roll but who cares, I was able to make it!
10% Chance to cast Level 17 Chain Lightning on striking
7% Chance to cast Level 13 Static Field on striking
Level 18 Summon Spirit Wolf (30/30 Charges)
-35% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
Socketed (3: 3 used)

EDIT:
The diablo gods know the true meaning of irony.
On the first run with my crescent moon.

Kefir-Tribe

Diabloii.Net Member
I did something similar not too long ago. You could as well have used the backup-files ATMA creates of your characters and stashes. :smiley:

xduckster

Diabloii.Net Member
Where are these backup files? I see that I have the autobackup clicked, but I don't see where the files are saved to load them up.

Kefir-Tribe

Diabloii.Net Member
In the same folder as the file you save. I.e.

Pwnd_Nooblar.d2s
Pwnd_Nooblar_1.org
Pwnd_Nooblar_2.org

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
So you almost blamed ATMA for your own mistake? Isn't that like blaming your broken car on the manufacturer even though you hadn't checked the oil in a couple of years? :tongue:

*goes to check his oil*

Nevertheless, I admit to making silly mistakes too. Like accidentally socketing things when moving them around my inventory in game - I've done that about 14 times now. Baah!

Wraithan

Diabloii.Net Member
Just on an OT note... sirpoopsalot.. someone recently joined cboard (a C/C++/C# programming site) with the name mrsirpoopsalot I asked if it was you and he didn't know what the SPF was but I still found it kinda interesting.

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
hmmm, I used to be a programmer, so maybe it's my evil clone. If he writes crappy code and talks about skiing all the time, it's definitely me/him... don't believe anything he says.

Evah

Diabloii.Net Member
i've lost my +2 fire +life +res circlet ant an amu with appr. the same stats in your way. man, i kept them for my melee-sorc...