Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

All my stuff Disappeared

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Kreech, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Kreech

Kreech IncGamers Member

All my stuff Disappeared

Hello All,

I am new to this Forum but have been an avid fan of Dialblo I/HF/II/LOD since day 1.

BUT, I have been upset a couple of times recently by something that happened to my LVL 40-something Amazon a couple of times. I don't ever remember this happening in the past.

ALL of the stuff that I had left on the ground in-town disappeared. I can't give a 100% correlation with when/how this happened. It does seem to happen when I get my character back to town (i.e. safe), then I wander off for some human-food, watch TV for a while, etc... I might ALT-TAB to go check e-mail, or today I turned off the scheduled event of virus-checking after the ALT-TAB.

And, when I look at the ground again, everything is gone. Since this is where lots of runes, amulets, and gems, spare weapons, etc end up, it is VERY annoying. This has happened twice now. (and today my newest runes are gone...).

Any thoughts?? Is ALT-TAB a BAD thing to do? Is pushing the "Windows-Key" (whatever it is called) better?/the-same?

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? (i.e. can I not stay in one place for an hour or two, I should pick everything up and then exit, ...?)

Thank you,
    KREECH

2. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

It's not a bug. Everything you put on the ground will disapear. Potions, scrolls and mony after ~5minutes and all other stuff after ~10 minutes.

3. Kreech

Kreech IncGamers Member

So, is there a way to go 'have dinner' and come back without losing everything?

Do you have to keep your character in the 'wilderness' somewhere. (i.e. clear everything and then stay w/ henchmen)

I know that I can leave stuff on the ground while adventuring.

Is this 5 min and 10 min disappearing thing new? Is it documented anywhere?

Thank you!

Sean

4. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

Keep the items in the inventory or in your stash. There is no other known method.

I can't remember, but afaik it's since diablo2. Diablo was diffrent and maybe Diablo2 SP is diffrent too. 5 minutes and 10 minutes are aproximations.This is documented but I'm to lazy to search.

5. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

if your playing single-player or open download and install ATMA, a muling program, after you save and exit from a game you can mule items safely between chars to store items pgems runes ect...

ATMA

6. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

I think it's always been that way, the game will get rid of items on the ground after a while, probably to save on memory. I believe rare, set and unique items will stay longer than magic or normal (and socketed/ethereal) items. All items left on the ground will eventually disappear, except quest items.

If it's on Bnet, people store excess items on mule characters, a character made with the sole purpose of acting as another stash and inventory. I think i've got around 6 or 7 mules, but only 4 characters that I actually use...

7. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

on the origonal diablo you could leave items on the ground in town and they wouldnt disapear even after saving and exiting in sp