Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

all magic damage the same?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Superhal, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

all magic damage the same?

my plan is to make a zerker barb next. however, after some testing with passion, i think it may not work. i know that pally's blessed hammers get some pretty unfair bonuses based on monster type. when i use berzerk with sorc, it does almost nothing. even the ar seems off. granted, i tested this at lvl 73 vs hell ancients, but according to the char screen, i was doing an 800 damage zerk. i just ran through a zeal/charge pally who only used lightsaber with zeal to take out pi's, and he had no problems at all. (in fact, pi's were easier than stoneskin or high def monsters like minotaurs.)

so, rather than waste time making a zerker now, is there a reason why magic damage wouldn't work the way it should for non-pally's?

2. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

A barb usually has Shout maxed, which gives a 200% ed bonus to Berserk. Also, the Slvl of Berserk on Passion is just 1, which is low as well. Passion doesn't do all that much weapon dmg either. Vengeance from Kingslayer is problably better.
    Zerker barbs can do a helluva lot of magic dmg with the right weapon.

3. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Well Jordy has a guide to the beserking pally and looking at the char's screenshot the pally's 1-h zerk dmg isn't too shabby with maxed fanaticism and to counter 0 def pallys have holyshield to help attain max block @ lower investment of dex :D Pallies has fastest zerk @ 8fpa too :D I'm going to make a zerker-smiterdin soon so monsters are stunned while my def = 0 for safety and fun factor hehe. All i need now is a high prismatic sacred targe/kurast to make spirit in to boost lvl of zerk and have nice smite dmg hehe. My mf/hork WW barb with maxed shout now and 1 point zerk does nice 1-h zerk dmg for PvM and i only use a eth 332ed oath balrog. A pure berserker barb with maxed zerk,shout and howl would do some serious dmg even with my weapon i would think. Sorcs do not have weapon mastery or damage enhancing auras hence that low zerk dmg - maybe a melee-enchantress would have added fire dmg. Good luck and cheers :D