"all hell is about to break loose"

CaptJoe213

Diabloii.Net Member
eh, I dont know if all hell would really break loose, Ricky isn't doing too well, at least in my part of Texas as is. I think the redistricting issue pretty much took a lot of air out of his sails, even the republicans (like me) around here are so sick of him and the stunts he pulls that he's (hopefully) out reguardless if he did have an affair, or is a virgin, or whatever.

His opponents would grab it and have a field day, but I dont think it would be even necessary. It looks like most people want him out, reguardless, due to his actions and in some cases, inactions.

Maybe this is just big in my area, I dont know. But you know you suck when your own party wants you to go home.

kittenslayer

Diabloii.Net Member
CaptJoe213 said:
eh, I dont know if all hell would really break loose, Ricky isn't doing too well, at least in my part of Texas as is. I think the redistricting issue pretty much took a lot of air out of his sails, even the republicans (like me) around here are so sick of him and the stunts he pulls that he's (hopefully) out reguardless if he did have an affair, or is a virgin, or whatever.

His opponents would grab it and have a field day, but I dont think it would be even necessary. It looks like most people want him out, reguardless, due to his actions and in some cases, inactions.

Maybe this is just big in my area, I dont know. But you know you suck when your own party wants you to go home.
what about on the national level, and the coming election, if this turns out to be true?

CaptJoe213

Diabloii.Net Member
kittenslayer said:
what about on the national level, and the coming election, if this turns out to be true?
National level? He's running for govenor again isn't he? If so, what difference does it make what someone from Alabama thinks of him? Only us Texans pick our govenors.

I think he's outta luck as is, and if this is true, just one last nail in the coffin, if it's not, I think he's still going to lose. Those 20,000 redistricting special sessions pretty much cost him his support, from what I hear around here.

But seriously, I assumed he was running for Govenor again. If he's running for anything else, his odds are even lower, I dont bother to keep up with him much anymore, tired of hearing him do stupid things.

kittenslayer

Diabloii.Net Member
CaptJoe213 said:
National level? He's running for govenor again isn't he? If so, what difference does it make what someone from Alabama thinks of him? Only us Texans pick our govenors.

I think he's outta luck as is, and if this is true, just one last nail in the coffin, if it's not, I think he's still going to lose. Those 20,000 redistricting special sessions pretty much cost him his support, from what I hear around here.

But seriously, I assumed he was running for Govenor again. If he's running for anything else, his odds are even lower, I dont bother to keep up with him much anymore, tired of hearing him do stupid things.
if true, dont you think this would hurt the republican's image, in general?

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
No more so than Clinton being unable to keep it zipped affected the chances of Democratic candidates for governor of Arkansas.

CaptJoe213

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree with Steel... besides, it's easy enough to basically distance the party from the actions of one man. If it's true, he will most likely effectively be 'disowned' by the Party.

It wont take long before it stops being seen as the Republicans messed up, and starts being seen as Rick's personal error, much like Clinton.

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
Zodiac66 put it best when she said something to the effect of: Who gives... this isn´t a real issue. Speaking of which, where are the real issues.

That being said, this sure is one tasty scandal. Rumor has it that Rickys bedfellow was Geoffrey S. Connor.

EDIT: Rick is a handsome man. I personally think he could have done better. Geoffrey must have good personality...

CaptJoe213

Diabloii.Net Member
Drosselmeier said:
Zodiac66 put it best when she said something to the effect of: Who gives... this isn´t a real issue. Speaking of which, where are the real issues.
Exactly, at best, this is a regional issue in Texas, and Texas alone, I dont see it having any lasting impact on national politics.