Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

All hc chars to 99 with [mention of unaccepted mod deleted]

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Jonesy_Pantz, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Jonesy_Pantz

Jonesy_Pantz Diabloii.Net Member

so like most of you I keep getting dragged back to this game. I decided to spice things up and get every char through hell and then if I really have the patience to 99.

I'm using mention of unaccepted mod deleted to share items across the characters and everything will be self found. I know this is the sp forum but thought my post would be more suited here then the hc forums as I'm doing is all solo.

So far I've got a forzen orb/fireball sorc to act 3 nightmare at level 50 something and a zeal paladin with frozen aura to the same. My barb has just beaten normal. Haven't started the necro but the other classes are at various stages in normal.

I'm mainly focusing on rune words and after watching a lot of mr llama have been using stealth/leaf. I've also been running on players1 which I might change.

What I'm chasing is suggestions on runewords or crafted items that can be easily self found?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2017
  2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Friend, if you read the thread titled "Read this first - single player forum guide", you'll notice that the mod you use is considered a cheat here, and no one will engage with you if you use it. You can read all about our forum rules here: https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/read-this-first-single-player-forum-guide-2016-wip.933479/ Please feel free to send a private message ("open a conversation") with Thyiad, the forum's moderator, or myself if you have any questions. Thank you for understanding.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  3. GalaXyHaXz

GalaXyHaXz Diabloii.Net Member

Your fine as long as you don't trade or post your items.

Insight is almost always a must. You can farm a pole and the runes from countess in nightmare. I recommend putting it on an act 2 defiance or prayer merc.

For your paladin, treachery will help him hit the max zeal BP, lionheart is good too. For an early starter weapon Black is a great option. Lore is a dirt cheap helm to help your sorc and paladin out until hell. For sorc, Smoke is a cheap armor with +50 all res. I recommend spirit/ancient's pledge until you can get a 4os spirit monarch.

I never did much crafting. Basically your after leech rings and stat/skill amulets. For melee chars, CB/DS on gloves/boots/belts can prove useful. Since your in HC however, safety crafts are probably well worth it. MDR/PDR is useful until about mid nightmare.

P.S. Let me know how bad Uber Mephisto pwns you. I'd be way to afraid in HC lol!

4. Pringlesman

Pringlesman Diabloii.Net Member

Honestly at this point I feel that rule is asinine and should be removed. I cannot fathom why we should do something to remove players from our ranks when all they are using is an extended stash mod. Eth glitching weapons with atma is more egregious in my opinion. What would it take to have the rule talking about a particular commonly used extended stash mod removed?

5. DaveW

DaveW Diabloii.Net Member

Jonesy, use ATMA or GOmule for extended stash. Prob fixed.
    @Pringles, if that mod is the one I'm thinking of, it does allow extended stash. But also allows char editing. Just use the FAM software and we all good.

6. Pringlesman

Yeah and that can be turned off. Considering we are a forum that relies on trust I don't see why we can't just trust one another to not use that feature.

And I don't want to use atma or go mule or whatever external program. I like having all of this integrated into one desktop app. Why can't we have a frank discusion about this rather than just it being dismissed outright?

GalaXyHaXz likes this.
  7. necrolemming

necrolemming Diabloii.Net Member

8. GooberGrape

GooberGrape Diabloii.Net Member

We did have several frank discussions over this and many other mods over the years. The current crop of forum approved mods are clearly outlined in the sticky. Having said all that, I still think you should be able to do whatever you want on your own computer. Just do not be too surprised when a forum obeys and enforces its own self imposed ruleset, especially a forum as old and well established as the SPF.

9. Pringlesman

You can't have a frank discussion about a mod if you aren't allowed to even mention the mods name.

10. GalaXyHaXz

I don't see why all the drama. All this person did was stated what they were doing and what they needed help with. They weren't corrupting the trade pool or posting screenshots. Just asking for advice. Diablo II is really old and has a small enough player base as it is. I don't see the point in driving off newcomers by enforcing some ridiculous rules. I used that mod quite a bit back then, and all it does is gives you exactly what battle net players have. Anything else you can turn off. On a game that's nearly 20 years old, and receives no support from it's company, I don't see the problem.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  11. GooberGrape

GooberGrape Diabloii.Net Member

As Noodle pointed out, the proper way to address grievances is via PM to Thyiad.

12. Drystan

Drystan Diabloii.Net Member

@Jonesy_Pantz - Sorry that this thread has been derailed so much. Mention of that mod brings up a lot of misery in these forums, as it is considered a hack. You are welcome to do whatever on your own PC, as long as it doesn't affect how others enjoy the game. This means no MP/trading. Any questions should be sent via PM to @Thyiad who will clarify anything and help you out if you are willing to restart without the mod.

This arguement has been done dozens of times. The answer is this is just the way it is. Feel free to use whatever you like on your own PC, but using certain mods will exclude you from trading/multiplayer on these forums, and some may simply choose not even follow your posts.

@Pringlesman

Unfortunately, the world doesn't work on trust alone. Trust is not given up front, even in real life, but is usually earned. There are always those who simply don't care, and will use the features that allow the hack/char editing.
    In addition, this 'discussion' has arisen because someone hasn't read the stickies/FAQ, which clearly indicate what mods ARE allowed, and states that these are the ONLY mods allowed. Also, they mentions that questions and concerns should be addressed privately to the mods.
    Because people don't read the stickies, which completely ban this mod, do you think new players are going to read what features of a certain mod are, and which aren't allowed? We can't allow some features, while banning others, as it creates more uncertainty and unneccessary questions, as opposed to a simple "no."
    We have mods that do allow similar features, without changing how the game was intended and are accepted by the mods.

As to the ATMA ebugged weapons:

Atma glitched weapons was an honest mistake, and was thought to be an error in the game. It was only upon testing and using this 'bug' that it was found to be an error in a 3rd party program, not a mistake from Blizzard. Using bugs in the game (cheese) is allowed, although, some particular bugs people find is too far, but still find that if it is within the game, it's ok to use; they simply choose not to use it. A 3rd party change of the game is beyond that limit.
    This mistake caused lots of frustration, and people quit the forums feeling like they had cheated their own standards. The option was an impossible "forum-wide restart," that had no chance of monitoring, or to accept it was within the MP/trade pools and learn from it. The forums lost a few well-respected members from that.

The game using this unnamed mod is too far from Blizzard's D2 to be considered legit here, and the unfortunate thing is it's difficult to ensure new players know the difference. Everyone would run around with Torch and Anni's with no effort whatsoever.
    Diablo clone is easy to kill within minutes of each other, so farming, which should cost SoJ's and hours of running, takes minutes to equip your entire collection of characters.
    Infinite stat/skill rerolls with 0 difficulty was never intended. Even gaining rerolls is a once-per-difficulty, and must farm something from Baal.
    Uber Tristram is not implemented well. The difficulty isn't there, nor are the spawning minions. Again, it isn't really a challenge to farm Torches without any risk or difficulty, and is not the same as intended.

It is pointless to allow one aspect of a mod/hack, while banning other parts. There's already (and always has been) confusion with what is and what is not allowed, simply because many people don't read the rules or stickied threads.
    The unnamed mod will not be allowed, and this decision lies with the mods.

Edit: Also, thread/posts reported. Please keep it civil and informative.
    Edit: And, this forum is not a democracy. It's not 'minority rules,' or even 'majority rules.' Admin/Mods have private discussions on various aspects of running the forum, and while they do accept and welcome our input, ultimately, they are the mods and admins, and do what they feel is best for the forums. Voluntarily use their personal time.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  13. Drystan

@Jonesy_Pantz Apologies, I can't actually really help with advice. I personally wouldn't recommend going for 99, as it does become an insane grind.

As to items, I always like Duriel's Shell, Treachery and Lionheart for armours. Strength is an early game weapon that has good CB for bosses. I can't really go into too much detail, as I haven't played D2 in quite some time, and would need to go through my stashes for general advice on low level, mid level and end game items.

Edit: Isn't Mr Llama the D2 speed runner? Is he coming up in the GDQ in July?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  14. GalaXyHaXz

The mod I've made and used has a better implementation of both those ladder quests. It requires selling a random number of SoJ's or killing ton's of monsters with a very small chance of triggering the world event. My uber tristram quest also recreates the minion spawning. It appears no different than what I used to play on battle net. Everything is just as challenging. Perhaps if I released it, it could be an alternative to the other mod which adds some unwanted things. My mod does not add anything else :)

15. Drystan

The AI for Uber Tristram is server side, meaning that attempts to re-create the uber ai and monster spawns are guesses at what Blizzard intended. They are not accurate, as we cannot access that part of the code.
    As to being "better," that is entirely subjective, and I personally would not believe that they were better, especially without seeing any proof of such. Perhaps PM Thyiad, and post a video on youtube, instead of blatantly disregarding and ignoring the rules which you agreed to when you joined these forums.
    If your mod uses a better implementation, good for you. It's still not legit on the forums. Send a PM to Thyiad, apologising for pimping and promoting the use of hacks, which is in itself a bannable offense from the forums.

16. Jonesy_Pantz

Jonesy_Pantz Diabloii.Net Member

sorry didnt mean to start issues with the whole mod thing. not planning on trading with anyone.

@Drystan yeah mr llama is the speed runner and is normally what i tune out to watching youtube videos.
    black lionheart and insight are things i'll start making asap. thanks for the advice and hopefully i avoid any deaths - which i've managed so far.

17. GalaXyHaXz

Blizzard also didn't intend on letting single players use ladder runewords, did they? Blizzard does nothing for this game. After years of nothing they give us 1.14, which was nothing. One day when the servers go down, you won't be able to access that content anymore. So mods will be the only way. Now with that said, one may call my mod more "accurate" as opposed to better. And I would gladly put up a video so everyone can see. The AI isn't hard to recreate. It's just the base AI coupled with the baal minion spawning function. Easy peasy pumpkin cheesy.

Oh yeah, by the way...

[...]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  18. Drystan

Reported Galaxy. Please ignore his posts; they're looking like trolling and replies won't change anything, and have nothing to add. Thyiad will go through this when she has time, and make her decision.
    P.S. No one believes that your mod is "more accurate." You don't have the code, and no one else has come close.

I've watched one or two of Mr Llama then. His knowledge of the map generation and key targets/items is impressive.

The best advice in terms of HC is to simply play, and run the game. There are a couple of dangers that appear without warning, but your goal should be to have good resists and offensive damage, and in HC, promote life and resists as best you can.
    When you run into a specific challenge, or seem to hit a brick wall, the members here can pick apart your gear and resists, and point out key areas to focus on, whether it be damage, resists, life leach, or skill set.
    There's three main areas of the game: Early game, which should focus on getting MF and questing, mid game of NM/early Hell, which should begin to focus on survival, damage, and upgrading items, and end game, which is more about optimising for baal, area running, or simply just safety for the final part of hell.

As you know, in HC, every stage needs to focus on safety, and much of this is about tactics and use of support skills or 1-point-wonders, different for each characters. Good luck with your septumvirate!

19. GalaXyHaXz

"no one else has come close."

20. Drystan

Skill level Chain Lightning & Inferno: 99, with more skills to set out. One Blizzard does more than 50% of Uber Diablo's health.
    Spawn Uber Tristram with 1x TP Scroll.
    Perfect Torch on first go.

Yup. Thanks for the proof of "your" mod.