Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

All Battle.net players are Scruffy looking Nerf Herders until proven otherwise

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Kryyn, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Kryyn

Kryyn IncGamers Member

All Battle.net players are Scruffy looking Nerf Herders until proven otherwise

Seriously.. I was going through games on my newer Necromancer, more than 6 people exploded with profanity and throwing out all the variations of "Noob" just for entering a game.

Almost the same way on WarCraft 3 games, you don't follow the strict style of the majority or you make one too many workers and you're flamed.

I don't know if it's just battle.net, or gamers in general, -Since I only play on Battle.net- but everyone is a Scruffy looking Nerf Herder until proven otherwise. >.>

Sorry, just had to get that out. >_<

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Re: All Battle.net players are Assholes until proven otherwise

I understand your need to rant/vent, but in the future please keep that sort of language off the forums, use a less abrasive word.

3. Kryyn

Kryyn IncGamers Member

I thought it was less.. o_O I was going to say much worse. >_< How about, Son of a scruffy looking nerf herder?

4. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

Try words like immature, adolescent, ranting, abbusive, childish and prone to lying.

You are right though: Without any social control the true beast in people becomes apparent. I really liked WoW where there was at least some social control. If you behaved like an b-net kiddie (this doesn't mean the underage people playing bnet, but you can guess what i do mean) word would get out and people would refus to play with you and you would'n't get into any proper guild.

5. Kryyn

Kryyn IncGamers Member

Re: All Battle.net players are Scruffy looking Nerf Herders until proven otherwise

I don't play WoW, but if it is a more controlled and civil environment I might look into it.

6. MrOzio

MrOzio Banned

Re: All Battle.net players are Scruffy looking Nerf Herders until proven otherwise

Hey! Who you callin' "scruffy"?! =P

7. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Scruffy lookin?

8. nerdly

nerdly IncGamers Member

clever editing has made this thread both more entertaining and confusing.

But I'm not sure it's just people on B.net that are the problem. It seems endemic, or systemic, or maybe both.

9. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Clearly, Kryyn, you haven't visited /b/...

10. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

its kind of like highschool. if you're not in the popular crowd people will make fun of you.

same thing can be applied to this, except the people are losers who think playing hammerdins and having alot of expensive equipment is super-duper-cool. even though its really not.

ps anyone ever hear of the band nerf herder ? they're funny. they wrote the themesong for the buffy the vampire slayer series !

11. Erwwwd

Erwwwd IncGamers Member

I play this game on battle.net. Should I be offended?

12. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

no. unless you take this game way too seriously ;p

13. oodjob

oodjob IncGamers Member

Laugh it up fuzzball...

14. nerdly

nerdly IncGamers Member

in highschool even the popular people got made fun of. Everyone did, that's what high school is for.

15. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

I am not Scruffy looking nerf herders in battlenet.

i am just a.. normal looking chaosrunner that dun care about drops or summoning skeles and do quest for peeps like ancients and drop many pots around akara .. in battlenet..

16. synx

synx Diablo: IncGamers Member

I played WoW for two years, and it is every bit as bad as battle.net... and every other multiplayer gaming community out there.

If you don't want to deal with that, stick to solo play.

17. cour de mal

cour de mal IncGamers Member

I have to agree with Synx. Every online gaming service I've ever used has been full of Scruffy Looking Nerf Herders (SLNH). But, there are enough people on Bnet who do nice things that it's still a worthwhile service. I've been the beneficiary of enough free rushes, giveaways, and quest assists to have at least a tiny shred of faith in Bnet. Plus, if you're really looking for civil society within Diablo II, forums like this are the places to find it.

18. Skullbash

Skullbash IncGamers Member

The Dark Side I sense...

19. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

Was this post to prove that you are or aren't a scruffy looking Nerf herder?

20. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Which I actually do. The only reason to do that on bnet is trading and I'm nearly never trading in the bnet channels.