All Alone Tournament III

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
All Alone Tournament III

After resting for over a year, it's finally back to force the SPF into submission...

All Alone Tournament III

-----Rules-----
1) HC, RRM/RWM allowed, (SC is fine but you're out when you die)
2) Any class. Any skills allowed.
3) Any item you find may be used.
4) Here's the tough part, no going to town unless it is essential for progressing in the game AND you may only speak to those necessary people solely for the purpose of going on, not to buy anything. Exception to this rule is you may go to town after killing Radament
5) No using the stash in town.
6) No Save and Exit to escape death.
7) No re-running areas/bosses.
8) No multiplayer.
9) You do not need to get all the wps nor complete all the quests. (As you cannot)
10) You can mule off any items you want, but may not mule anything back on.
11) Winner will be whoever gets the furthest, if there is a tie then whoever has the most experience wins.
12) If you accidently break the rules, don't use the reward/item/merc you got from it. If it's a small breaking, you're not disqualified, but if you find yourself in act 4 with a rogue merc, that's severe enough to disqualify you.
13) Any /players setting allowed, may be changed at any time.
14) No limit to number of entries (though only one alive one at a time)

You may carry around tps and make town portals, but never go in them, in order to reroll ancients or because you think they look cool. Exceptions to this are when you must go to town, as in act 2. You may wish to run around in the jail to find a tome of identity.
You also face a conundrum of whether to carry extra potions, khalim's brain, that rare self-repairing scimitar, or the stormlash you found.

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
All Alone I
All Alone II

- You may do Radament quest, but once you go into the sewers, you MUST kill Radament or die trying. You do not have to attempt this quest if you do not wish, the purpose of this being to allow anyone who wishes to do it.
- If you do not find a tome of ID in act 1, you may purchase one from drognan in act 2 normal when you have to speak to him. You may choose not to purchase one as well.
- If you do break a rule, try and fix it and continue to the next good stopping point, and post in the tourney thread. If it's minor I'll just give you a stern talking to, but if it's major, I might have to DQ that char :cry:

Code:
Alive Characters
Forum Name          Character       Class       LVL     ACT         WP         
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
WestXylophone       SoloFire        Paladin      1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp

Good Luck Everyone!!!

edit: Doh, forgot the timetable. Registration starts right now, and ends September 30th (meaning no new chars after September 30th). Feel free to begin a char as soon as you post in this thread registering them. Tourney will be closed if no one posts progress for three weeks.

Last edited:

WestXylophone

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Alive Characters
Forum Name        Char Name      Char Class     Area/Difficulty
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
WestXylophone     SoloFirer      Holy Fire Pal  Rogue Camp/Normal
OK, I'm game! We'll see how far I can get with this. I tried making a table in the other thread but that was a mistake, sorry!

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Alive Characters
Colorless Green     Omega           Assassin     1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp
I'm in. Not 100% decided on build yet, but at least I picked a class.

Chicago

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Alive Characters
Colorless Green       Omega          Assassin    1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp
Chicago            WhereIsAkara     Amazon       1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp
Hah I think I'm just going to go Bowazon and rely heavily on passives mainly decoy//valk.

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Alive Characters
Forum Name        Char Name      Char Class     Area/Difficulty
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
WestXylophone     SoloFirer      Holy Fire Pal  Rogue Camp/Normal
OK, I'm game! We'll see how far I can get with this. I tried making a table in the other thread but that was a mistake, sorry!
No, it was much better than the one I made originally for this one, I just took out build, but feel free to post about your builds (just thought that it would be better than someone seeing javazon and assuming LF, but maybe a plaguazon:laugh:) If you could edit to the one that is now in the second post, I'd love it, thanks!

edit: Jeez, people are signing up too fast! I'll post one with everyone on it in a few hours, so if you're missing from one of them, don't worry, I'll find you and save you!

WestXylophone

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Alive Characters
Forum Name          Character   Build       Class       LVL     ACT         WP         
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WestXylophone       SoloFire    HolyFire    Paladin      1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp
Colorless Green     Omega                   Assassin     1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp
Chicago             WhereIsAkara            Amazon       1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp
Argh! Lots of simultaneous posting- I'm trying to clean up the table, sorry about the confusion I seem to be causing! Hopefully I can get this up before someone else joins!

Editing: OK, I added build back in, hope that is OK, if not, please change it to what you want!

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member
So I just realized it should be fun finding//holding arrows or bolts =[
I just threw away 3 stacks of each :laugh:

I just realized how much of a packrat I really am. I've had to stop and empty out my inventory three times without even leaving blood moor, and that's even with consciously thinking "no, I don't need that eagle orb" as often as I can remember.

Chicago

Diabloii.Net Member
Haha yeah I know what you mean. I picked up a magic scepter to sell but then I remembered no going to town. So that cleared some room in my inventory for arrows =]. I think I'm just going to combo strangling potions/melee attack until I NEED to start using my skills.

OneFromBeyond

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Alive Characters
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WestXylophone       SoloFire    HolyFire    Paladin      1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp
Colorless Green     Omega                   Assassin     1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp
Chicago             WhereIsAkara            Amazon       1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp
OneFromBeyond       HesHardcore             Barbarian    1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp
My first character will be a barb. We'll see how it goes from there

Butzull

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm in like Flynn. I'll go with a Druid, haven't played one for ages. Will probably go mostly summons with something like Bowling for support.

Code:
Alive Characters
OneFromBeyond       HesHardcore             Barbarian    1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp
Butzull             Warnie                  Druid        1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp
Oh, and sorry for the name...couldn't resist. ;)

Butz. :dunce:

Sinningthings

Diabloii.Net Member
All right I'm in but I'm not very good at updating the listing box. I tried a couple of times but all I did was find out I'm lame.:dunce:
Rapunzel; trap assassin I'm lvl 14 at the Dark Wood WP.
Thank you

WestXylophone

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Alive Characters
SinningThings       Rapunzel    Trapsin     Assassin     14    A1 Normal    Dark Wood
WestXylophone       SoloFire    HolyFire    Paladin      14    A1 Normal    Dark Wood
Butzull             Warnie                  Druid        1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp
OK, I added in Rapunzel. I am getting going and want to do all of the first act in one go. I am finding on players 8 that I find items much more quickly than I find ID scrolls, so I am in agony about what to identify! It's a bummer to use a valuable scroll on what turns out to be a +stamina ring and I hope I haven't discarded any self-repair items yet but I'll never know!

Vang

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Alive Characters
SinningThings       Rapunzel    Trapsin     Assassin     14    A1 Normal    Dark Wood
WestXylophone       SoloFire    HolyFire    Paladin      14    A1 Normal    Dark Wood
Vang                WirtsOldMan             Barbarian    1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp

Chicago

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Alive Characters
Chicago             WhereIsAkara            Amazon       13    A1 Normal    Dark Wood
Vang                WirtsOldMan             Barbarian    1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp
NDE: Raki & Co. pinned me up against a stone in Stony.
Notable Finds: -15% Req Jewel, may come in handy some time.

And I'm done for the night =]

tripsu

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Alive Characters
Chicago             WhereIsAkara            Amazon       13    A1 Normal    Dark Wood
tripsu              InsaneEnvy              Amazon       1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp
I've always wanted to do a BowaZon, and it seemed like a good build for this tourney since most melee builds seem like they won't work well unless you get lucky and find a nice indestructible weapon. In the Naked Tourney my character was done out of respect for SuperDave and his crazy accomplishments and GREAT write ups. This one is dedicated to InsaneWayne for the same reasons! :thumbsup:

WestXylophone

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Alive Characters
WestXylophone       SoloFire    HolyFire    Paladin      17    A1 Normal    Outer Cloister
tripsu              InsaneEnvy              Amazon       1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp
I was dreaming when I thought I could do all of Act 1 in one sitting! Things take longer when you have to walk back up from those dungeons, especially tromping back up from the Countess! I made it to the Outer Cloister and decided that was a good place to stop for the day.

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Alive Characters
WestXylophone       SoloFire    HolyFire    Paladin      17    A1 Normal    Outer Cloister
Colorless Green     Omega                   Assassin     15    A1 Normal    Outer Cloister
FromBeyond          HesHardcore             Barbarian    1     A1 Normal    Rogue Camp
Suprisingly smooth sailing so far. Mostly been using a socketed bow and blowing all my IDs on charms. I'm kinda expecting this to turn into a trapasin with some support from a bow, or maybe cobra strike if I feel like living dangerously.

This is, incidentally, now my 3rd longest lived HC char.