Aliza again?

foosnark

Diabloii.Net Member
Aliza again?

I've tried out a few characters in the past few days and noticed something odd: maybe 8 or 9 times in a row now, when Kashya assigns me a rogue merc, it's Aliza.

Happened to notice this because my wife's name is Alisha. :)
 

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
I like my barb mercs to be named Bill, because if they die and you want to bring them back you get a 'Resurrect Bill'. :lol:
 

dune6836

Diabloii.Net Member
i have 2 act3 mercs both called Scorch. one is fire and one is cold:) i got the cold one by default one day but when i decided to try out the fire one i tried for ages until i finally found a fire one with that name:D
 

CrazyChihuahua

Diabloii.Net Member
Funny, I seem to always get Elly. And I don't like her. But my A2 merc on my main char is named Gulzar. Nothing special there I suppose.
 

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not too sure, but when they auto-assign you mercs, don't they just give you the very first of the list (which is in alpha order)?

I always get Abhaya, Annor, Aliza, etc... so I'm guessing that's how it goes...
 

logger120

Diabloii.Net Member
omgwtfbbqpwned said:
I'm not too sure, but when they auto-assign you mercs, don't they just give you the very first of the list (which is in alpha order)?

I always get Abhaya, Annor, Aliza, etc... so I'm guessing that's how it goes...
you know that might be right. i noticed but never really NOTICED if you know what i mean.
 

foosnark

Diabloii.Net Member
omgwtfbbqpwned said:
I'm not too sure, but when they auto-assign you mercs, don't they just give you the very first of the list (which is in alpha order)?

I always get Abhaya, Annor, Aliza, etc... so I'm guessing that's how it goes...
Could be, though I used to get Elly more often, and Kyoko once (which is my cat's name).
 

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
CrazyChihuahua said:
Funny, I seem to always get Elly. And I don't like her.
careful what you say about the admin :lol:

There is only so many names that the mercs can have and yes I seem to get the same name for completing the act 1 quest, strange I guess but oh well.
 

Dave in the basement

Diabloii.Net Member
Is there an act 1 merc name list somewhere? My wife's name is Wynne, and one of the merc names is close enough to that, so I yell at her from time to time. It is kind of therapeutic. :teeth:
 

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Dave in the basement said:
Is there an act 1 merc name list somewhere? My wife's name is Wynne, and one of the merc names is close enough to that, so I yell at her from time to time. It is kind of therapeutic. :teeth:
Okay then...

Merc names

:teeth:
 

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Dave in the basement said:
Thanks, LprMan! :D Gwinni was the one I was thinking of. The G is silent, of course. :teeth:
Naah :fish:

There is a great merc resource at AB written by ThePlatypus, thats where I found the list. I couldn't give you a straight link to the guide because the rules of this site forbid it :(
 
Top