Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Alert of Bug on Ladder

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by meowloud, Feb 17, 2004.

1. meowloud

meowloud IncGamers Member

Alert of Bug on Ladder

Just FYI. My stomach turned when my friend alerted me. In fact, MAYBE if enough of us bring this to bliz' attention, they may stop it? (IF it is even real) :rant:

It is an item on ebay that claims to give over 2k MF (YES, 2,000!).
    Here is a gross copy-paste of what the merchant wrote:

"You are bidding on a godly bugged ring that adds over 2000% to your magic find (see below). This is for the diablo 2 useast CLOSED LADDER realm. For the bug to work you need to have this ring and viper gyre bugged ring equipped. Since the mod is hidden, there is no way for b.net to detect this bug and it is extreamly unlikely that they will fix it within the next few months. If they fix the bug within the next month I will refund your money completly."

In the pic, the mod is there but it is in green like a set item.

My friend emailed me the link, but I wasn't sure if I could post it. Please PM me if you would like the link to see this.. it is STUPID!!! ARRRRGH
    (Or let me know if I should/can post the link)

NOT to beat a dead horse with another bug/hack thread, but I wasn't aware of anything like this yet... and just wanted to drop a note to anyone who was like me and is oblivious to most things.

Even if this is a fake... I thought you would like a laugh!

>^.^<

2. wedoz

wedoz IncGamers Member

so you're saying that the 2000 mf (or whatever amt it was) is written in green on the mods list?

i call bs

3. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

ya .. so you don't really have to post the link, it's not that hard to find on ebay, and if you read the discription, it says that the only way to make the 2k+ MF to work, you have to be wearing another bugged ring (a viper gyre bugged ring) and the 2k+ mf will show up in green as a hidden mod. From what I can see (the picture is really small) the ring he has for sale is called Ghoul Gyre. So basically from what I can gather Ghoul gyre and Viper Gyre are like a set of rings, and when you have the 2 items on you get the hidden 2k+ MF, I've never heard of either of thoes rings, but the sale is pretty safe for this guy. Basically you buy the ring, you don't have 2k mf because it's a hidden mod, and you don't have the other ring, so you can basically never use the 2k mf anyway .. I can't really read the other mods on it because the pic is too small.

4. th5418

th5418 Banned

This is BS. Case closed.

5. meowloud

meowloud IncGamers Member

I was able to find it by doing a search (there is a search option at the top of the ebay page). I typed in Bugged Ring and this particular ring came up. Take a look for yourself. If it is a joke (probable explanation) then the people buying it are in for a treat :lol:

>^.^<

6. squigipapa

I sent the seller a question asking if he can send me a screenshot of the ring as well as the other bugged ring that he says is needed to make the hidden mod work. I also said that if he diden't feel comfortable sending me the screenshots, would he mind listing the mods of both of the rings. .. I'll update if anything happens.

7. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

<Cartmans voice> - This is a scam, its a big fat scam, its the biggest scam in the whole wide world.

8. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

lol cartman finally taking that song's focus off his mum, good for him!!!

9. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

...more like off of Kyles mom ;)

In essence its making you buy TWO rings so the dude can double his $$

EBAY blows...

10. wedoz

wedoz IncGamers Member

i wish there were more items like that up there. and i wish more retards actualy bid on them. that'll teach that damn punk kid with daddy's credit card mwahahahahahaha

11. squigipapa

ya .. except he's not selling the other one, and no one else is either, you'll never see the hidden mod .. but trust him, when you wear the other imaginary ring it's there!

12. Hey Steve

Hey Steve IncGamers Member

if the guy knows any better he wouldn't lie. if you fraudulently say something in order to dupe someone into entering a contract, in this case for sale of goods, the buying party can take action against you. but i know it's a nominal amount, and things like that can take some time... he'll just get poor feedback, i suppose.

13. squigipapa

except .. there would be no way of proving it. He clearly states that the 2000% mf will only work as a hidden bonus when the other bugged ring is worn also, you'd never see the hidden bonus since you'd never get the other ring..

14. ThereIsNoSpoon

ThereIsNoSpoon IncGamers Member

This massive scam outbreak during few past weeks (on ebay and fake websites) proves only one thing - people that used to sell hacked/bugged stuff were pwned by blizzard and all they can do now is just go around scaming people. Get over it nubs and find yourselt real jobs losers. Go go Blizz :)

15. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy IncGamers Member

here we go again, they better reset the ladder soon.

16. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

If you look at this guy's feedback, you can see that he's been selling lvl 80 cookie cutter characters from anywhere from $5 to $10.
    Now I don't know who is lamer, him for spending the time to lvl char just to make $5 or ppl who are actually paying the money to get an empty character...

17. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I found it, and checked the other "goods" he's selling. What a loser! I think he's short on cash or something. I wonder if this is an existing bugged ring really. Anyone could create such items in Photoshop. Let's wait for this auction and contact the winner(?) later.
    And by the way: the cold sorc he's selling isn't that "godly" (maxed cold mastery sounds a bit unnecessary to me).

18. surburas

surburas IncGamers Member

The guy seems like a legit seller? Looking at his feedback and current items but it is still a bit suspicious needing the "Viper Gyre BUGGED " ring.

It will be interesting to see the feedback after the sale and the responses to the insults....

19. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

LOL - check this feedbacks

Ignore this post

20. Satanic Ecstacy

Satanic Ecstacy IncGamers Member

I've seen this scam in the trading channels, except the ring had a different name (Stone grip).

They're probably both just plain rare rings, nothing will happen when you wear them both.