Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Aldur's Set - What build?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot IncGamers Member

Aldur's Set - What build?

I recently found the body armor for Aldur's set, and since I have the other pieces laying around on various mules, and I've never tried this set out, I thought what the heck. Unfortunately, I have no idea what build would be good to use this set with. Since it gives bonuses across all of the druid skills, it's obvious that I should look into a type of hybrid, but beyond that I'm a little stuck as to what to do. I'm thinking maybe wearbear/summoner would be a good idea, or possible even a summoner/elemental, although even with the bonuses the set offers, I doubt I'll have anywhere enough skill points to do that properly, as I won't be able to synergize much.

I guess my main problem is that the druid is not a class that gets a lot a good out of just a couple of skill points in a particular skill. Some of the other class specific sets like the barbarian and the amazon have entire skill trees that you can put one point in each skill and then get them boosted with the set to very useful levels. Druids don't really have that, so I know I'm going to have to use no more than two trees. But I haven't tested enough hybrid builds to know which ones are effective, and I definitely have no idea what builds lend themselves best to this particular set, so I'm dumb on both counts here.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. MrKaxe

MrKaxe IncGamers Site Pal

Re: Aldur's Set - What build?

Search for a thread by the member name of MalVeauX dude, he outlined a good Summoner build with full Aldurs and a Spirit shield...

3. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Or just search for "Aldur Set"

4. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

Apart from MalVeauX's summoner, there are some other options:

- Fireclaws Werebear. Not as fast as with a 6-Shael PB, but still decent, and the physical damage makes it easy to deal with FIs. I made this a few months ago and had no problem getting through Hell. Skill setup: max FC, 5-10 in Lycanthropy, rest in FC synergies. Consider getting an Oak Sage or maxing Lycanthropy for more safety (though your FC damage will go down).

- Fire Druid: Fissure will be your main skill, and you use Volcano for bosses. Your main problem will be dealing with FIs. You could combine summons with the Fire Skills (e.g. Grizzly). I never tried this but my guess is that it will be underpowered vs. Fire Immunes. Skill setup: 20 Grizzly, 10 Dire Wolves, rest in Fissure, Volcano and synergies.

- Wind Druid: The main problem here is lack of FCR, but in PvM you can do without. Get some FCR from gloves, shield, rings and maybe amulet. Skill setup: max all wind skills (except for Arctic Blast), and get a Grizzly (Oak is less important here IMO).

Overall, none of these builds really benefit from Aldurs; it's easy to think of more effective setups. But you will get the cool-looking aura, even if in Werebear form it's a bit off-center.

5. MrKaxe

MrKaxe IncGamers Site Pal

You can hit the 95% FCR bp (one away from the top) with Aldurs on a Wind Druid with the way you outlined (rings, 10% amulet + 10% belt or 20% amulet, Magefists/Trangs and Spirit) which is still kickass imho...you (OP) just need quite a few skillers, torch and anni to make it really damaging and if you've got stuff like that then you wouldn't necessarily be using full Aldurs unless you just wanted to use it!

6. od yard

od yard Banned

Aldur's blows no matter how good you build it. Druids are awesome with godly gear trust me. The only good set imo is Immortal King but thats it.

7. Rawness

Rawness IncGamers Member

Anyways - which character isn't awesome WITH godly gear?

Well... an Imo isn't worth that much.

1. Trang = Good set.
    2. Tal's = good set
    3. Griswold's legacy.
    so on so on. Some sets have partially good gear, Angelic combos, hsarus combo...

Most others are ''good too'' which in your case means ''not godly''

I'd say it wouldn't blow... but building around Aldurs for anything expect style points... is a no no.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  8. SilvioDante

SilvioDante IncGamers Member

This.

The only set that sucks so bad I would never even consider making a character around is Nats but that is probably due just as much to my aversion to Assassin's as it is to the set itself.

Edit: lulz, didnt realise this thread had been necro'd...

9. pinelights

pinelights IncGamers Member

O/T i always wanted to make an all yellow (rare) or mainly orange (craft) druid :p The latter desperately needs a refresh to include druid pelts, etc IMO :(