Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Aldur's and Trang-Oul's set

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ti-Ben, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Aldur's and Trang-Oul's set

Ok here is the thing. Since I've almost mat/pat-ed my Griswold's Zealot and my M'avina's Strafazon. I checked which full set I've had in my big stash of items. And noticed I had both Aldur's and Trang-Oul's full sets.

So now I'm wondering, which build would be good for both of them. I know nothing about Druids other than the fact that they somehow morph in Werewolves and Bears. :lol: Would a Windy-druid be any good with Aldur's set?

As for Trang-Oul's, with the cast rate bug, is it better to just go Skelymancer and drop-out the poison altogether or is it this decent to spam Poison nova? Or a Bonemancer. Which would be better for him?

I'm clueless! Help me SPF!

2. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

A Trang Daggermancer would be interesting. The set gives an inherant 20% Leech (I know leech is nerfed, but every little bit helps) and the gloves give more damage. The fire skills can help deal with Poison Immune monsters. Personaly, I made a pure Summonmancer out of my Trangs on the realms and it works well.

As for Aldurs, the Str requirement on a Shadow Plate leads me to believe that it wouldn't be advisable to be used as an elemental set.

3. SideShowBob

SideShowBob IncGamers Member

A Strength of 115 (-50% Requirements on the armor) doesn't seem so big
    considering the weapon's partial set bonuses of 30 points of strength
    before you don the armor. That would only require putting 70 points
    into strength to wear the armor (or even less with a Hel rune or -15%
    Requirements Jewel).

Frankly, I'm still not wowed by this set.

4. Ravenforce3

Well, I never really looked that closely at the plate. I guess that wouldn't be so bad, but I can still milk more + to skills out of a Skin/Que-Hegan's, Jalal's, and a Dark Clan Crusher/Heart of the Oak for the Windy.

5. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

All I can say is good luck if you do a werewolf. The damage is not that good with the set. In the end, I guess the best would be an elementalist, but don't expect to be flying with colors.

On a side note, I have no earthly idea why Blizzard thought they could pass off this set as viable. It is probably the worst set of the class specific ones. I would never be going into hell with a jagged star. :grrr:

6. SideShowBob

I concur. It is a rather poor showing on the folks at Blizzard with regards
    to this set.

7. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Well, wearing the full set gets you 350% ED. Not that baaaaadd in my opinion =D

8. Ravenforce3

If you read what it says on the Arreat Summit, it doesn't add to the base damage of the weapon. Instead, it's 350% on top of your damage after Fury, Maul, or Might merc.

9. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

I know that =D.

A might merc only gives you 170% ed.
    A maxed HoW IIRC doesnt give more than 200%ed too... really can't remember. been while since i played my druid. (level 20 = 153 ed. Just checked)
    Maxed fury with a few plus skills gives around.. 500%ed... (level 20 fury = 423 ed. Just checked as well)

so, in my opinion, 350%ed isn't that bad at all. Besides, that weapon has a nice +max/min damage mod on it, dual leach, and comes with 3 sockets. Really not too shabby. I'm sure a full Aldur's set Werewolf will outdo a semi well equipped zealot. (my pally with the best gear i can afford, barely scratches the 2.8k max damage mark, using Nords). An aldur's wolf can also wear Storm Shield and String of Ears giving him maxed DR, Have a big amount of life, and still have summons to take hits/blind/attack for him... (all a zealot has is Holy shield...)

REALLY not too bad in my opinion. Well, if anyone would just gimme the armour.. I'll go build one myself... lol.

10. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

So the set's pretty hopeless heh? :lol:

He'll just have to wait then I guess. Get lots of +elemental charms and maybe I'll do a windy druid with him. Or something hehe.

11. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

Without might and other enhance modifiers, Aldur's Rhythm can only do 800-1200 damage with fury. The base damage with a Nord's Tendalizer is 1500 damage. You tell me if your zealot is better? I would say not. :embarrass

EDIT: I need to emphaze that damage with Aldur's Rhythm is with the full set.

12. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Uhhh... haha I'm not too sure what you mean by "tell me if your zealot is better? I would say not" hahaha... But anyways, I just did some rough counting, and yeah.. like you showed... (and the rest above pointed out) I guess aldur's set damage is indeed low. :uhhuh:

Can Mephisto drop Aldur's deception (the armour... is that what it's called? or is that the name of the full set.. lol.)? I wanna complete the set and build one myself.

13. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

No he can't drop the armor, but the monsters around him can... at least champions and uniques can though. It's TC84 so... Don't know where that's found. I only know of TC87. :lol:

14. SideShowBob

Well, some calculations can be off by relative speeds of weapons compared
    (and what is socketed in the armor and weapon), but it does have low
    damage.

Mephy can't drop the armor, but Pindle can (and has for me several times).
    The armor is now TC84. I'd be willing to give you one from 1.09 if you
    like. PM me with your e-mail and I'll send it off tomorrow.

15. Ravenforce3

Actually, I have two Aldur's sets, sans the armor laying around. Maybe I ough to run Pindle some to find one, just to say I have it. :teeth: