Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Aldur's and the Titan Hunter Meleementalist?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by royalesse, Feb 19, 2004.

1. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

Aldur's and the Titan Hunter Meleementalist?

I've been looking at the Aldur's set trying to figure out the programmer's intention then I thought with all those stat bonuses it might be good for a Titan. If you combine Aldur's with IK gloves and belt and SS then you have a bonus of 120 strength... on top of that supposedly the mace weapon class has a 1.1% strength multiplier instead of the standard 1% multiplier.

Now... here's where I'm speculating... supposedly the damage bonus from the set is calculated just like a skill damage bonus (i.e. Heart of the Wolverine, Wearbear, etc...)... well if I remember skill damage bonuses are multiplicative to the strength bonus.

If that's correct then you should be able to do around 2k with the little ol' jagged star.

If you surround yourself with summon meatsheilds, and buffer the area with timered firespells and a poison creaper running rampant then as a group you should be able to do decent damage even in hell.

Does that sound right or am I missing something?

2. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Only hammers (like mauls and mallots) have the 1.1% bonus.

You could do a lot more than that with some charms and jewels and get a 5FPA with a wolf druid...

3. Uriah_Heep

Uriah_Heep IncGamers Member

I think ed/ias-ed/ias-Lo and the shield with Deadly Strike(unique barbed sheld)will be the best for wolf.Or maybe Shael-Lo-Lo.

4. royalesse

Although shifting is tempting I think it will diminish the +350 damage bonus from the complete set since the + damage from the skills would be added to the 350 instead of multiplied by it. I'd rather have this rainbow of damage raining on the baddies rather than trying to buff some gravy on my phys damage (personal preference).

To me it's like trying to use a spirit to buff my summons rather than myself... i.e.: investing 20 points into HoW to try and get my summon's damage up only to be dissappointed when their damage increases by 150. :\

On the brightside... I had already put 105 into dex on my huntermentalist, when I got my Aldur's and started on this Titan thing and now with the measly jagged star no armor bonus at lvl 46 I do 300-400 damage (nothing in the sockets)... not bad for using no skill or aura to buff the damage (no +350% armor bonus until lvl 76 when I could use the armor).

5. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

It's 350% damage from the set, so all the percentages are added together and then multiplied. If Fury gave you 400%, HoW 200%, and the set 350%, you would have a total of +950% Enhanced Damage.

Multiple damage sources is great, if that's what you want. I think you could do fairly well as a Meleementalist. Try it and let us know? :)

6. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

People can get quite high with a robo phase, which is less damage isn't it?

7. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Yeah, it's less, it's also faster... and you have less ED because the set grants all sorts of stat bonuses and 350% ED.

8. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

not a bad idea really... not a bad idea at all!

It would make more sense to me to go vit instead of str though...

Okay, know what I'll trade off soem junk for aldurs and make a meleementalist.

going to be based on timered spells i guess - geddon as main damage and hurricane as secondary.

we'll see.

9. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

I tested this build out already.

Its not bad. But not great. Mediocre fun build.

The secret is holding 2 Aldur's Maces. One 2xed/ias and Shael'd. The other 3x Shael'd. Its really quite effective but funny cause it took me forever to figure it out. The problem is this, your using a set and need to do both phy dmg and elemtental. If you switch to a different weapon you lose the stat bonuses. So why not do the best of both worlds? Gear one mace for phyical and one for elemental.
    ---------------------
    Fury . I use Highlords and Lancegaurd with this. Thus 50% plus on deadly strike. I get 5fpa and half the time double dmg. ALso some may cringe at the Shield because of the aweful 37% block rate. I nef'd mine to get 42% block rate. Even thing its poor but dont forget, the set gives you alot of dex 60 pts for starters. Sadly, my character with 350 str was doing around 900-1400 dmg. Therefore forget the LO route. Bost it with some ED and get 70% ias for 5fpa. Note I didnt max fury. I went to 15 base when I relaized it was gonna be underpowered even if maxed.
    ---------------------
    Fireclaws 3xShael for 8fpa. I got my firecalws up to 7k dmg on fiewclaws. Not bad for an elemental weapon switch. This allows you to also go armageddon for some fun. A bear swings at the same speed with this setup with a wolf so naturally i skipped the bear branch to save skill points. Totaling all teh dmg together with fireclaws, I was doin 8k dmg at 8fpa. The shield for this si your choice. I did SS but I dont know if thats your best option. Could be. But I almost think a headhunter's glory with 3 rainbow facets int ehre might be good. SS is great but look. As before you ahve a ton of dex. That 30 str is nil dmg.

--Summary----------------
    Its meant to be a fun build. Very general pvm. Cannot mf, cannot pvp. Basically good for show as an all around balanced build. As such if you are thinking this guy will revoultionize thigns, think again. Its a fun build.

All in all it wasnt a weak build. It did good. I didnt test with HOW. Dunno if a maxed HOW is worth sacrficing points from a synergy to fireclaws. Optimaly it would be better but I went this route.

---------------------

10. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

the whole point of being a meleementalist to me is to stay in human form, though...

11. royalesse

Thnx for the update Toasty on the shifter build... I didn't expect the build to shine there since shifters need so much speed and damage on the weapon. Also, I don't expect this to revolutionize anything... just to maybe see 1 or 2 more set auras on druids.

I view the shield more as gravy than anything else so I chose SS more for the damage reduction and the +30 Str than anything else. I'm choosing to go Str over vit since I can stand in the middle of a pack of wolves and swing like crazy with relative safety. I'm going for Dires just for the meat sheild rather than the damage of the Bear. It's kinda nice a monster pack will start to out flank the dire pack and I just start on that end and work my way across the pack.

The only shifter build that I'd like for Aldurs is actually a Hunger/Geddon beast. Don't even mess around with fireclaws since the FPA stinks and just focus on Maxing Armageddon synergies. You can max Armageddon except for fissure... but then who cares you're using hunger just to stay alive and mana leech. At lvl 5 you leech 125% mana and life, your damage is nerfed 75% but you get 350% bonus damage from the set. If you get 86 IAS you'll have 7 FPA on the Bear and 6 FPA on the wolf. Skill points wise you can get Lycan to 19 and just leave hunger at a low lvl. Best part is that you can pump life all you want since you won't have to worry about max block because you'll be leeching quite a bit. Since hunger is life and mana leech you shouldn't have a mana problem recasting Armageddon all the time. You can even throw in a Hurricane just to slow the baddies down too.

But that's for a later experiment. Thnx for the great input guys!