Alas, I cannot decide

Nerigazh

Diabloii.Net Member
Alas, I cannot decide

I want to make a non-hammerdin Paladin, but cant decide whether to make a zealot or an avenger. I d like to make something hell-viable, of course. Opinions or thoughts?

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd do a zealot. Get him a b-star, or better yet a stormlash, and he can kick butt. RWs are of course much better, but if you are poor like me the Eus are a bit more realistic.

smilts

Diabloii.Net Member
Depends on what you would prefer if you want a build that you can easily lvl and kill with go zealot(I did), If you want a bit more challenge along with style points go avenger show em how its done:)

Black Rat

Diabloii.Net Member
Avengers are very hard even with decent gear, however one of the funnest paladins ive ever built is a ranger... might be worth a shot

Shagsbeard

Diabloii.Net Member
I like the tesla-din... I've played two to Guardian. In the first one I went only holy shock, in the second I split between holy shock and holy freeze. I didn't notice much of a speed difference, but the versatility of the second get's my vote. 5 or so in Zeal,12+ in Holy Shield, 20's in HF, HS, LR (synergy), the rest in synergies for HF and HShock. Your main weapon can be a 'cresentmoon' phaseblade, with a 'Sanctuary' sacred targe or rondo. Guardian Angel is a nice armor, but can be substituted for.

lpblasch

Diabloii.Net Member
I like the tesla-din... I've played two to Guardian. In the first one I went only holy shock, in the second I split between holy shock and holy freeze. I didn't notice much of a speed difference, but the versatility of the second get's my vote. 5 or so in Zeal,12+ in Holy Shield, 20's in HF, HS, LR (synergy), the rest in synergies for HF and HShock. Your main weapon can be a 'cresentmoon' phaseblade, with a 'Sanctuary' sacred targe or rondo. Guardian Angel is a nice armor, but can be substituted for.

O.K., o.k., you convinced me! I decided to make one- now lvl 21 in Act 2. I'm not sure how to handle Oblivion Knights in CS before I can weild a BStar, and I'm trying to do it HC like you did. So far, so :laugh: good!

Hoop76

Diabloii.Net Member
if your going tesladin, on the ob knights you dont have to worry too much about IM if you have a wand or something on switch that does hardly no damage. The lightning does all the killing for you against them. At least thats how i remember getting by them

Timinator

Diabloii.Net Member
The answer is simple dont decide, play both! they both rock in their own way. with patience, practise and knowledge from guides they are both quite doable

diablo loves donutz

Diabloii.Net Member
just give in to peer pressure and be part of the "cool club" and make a hammerdin....lol, j/k stick with which ever you feel will be more fun to play

Nerigazh

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the input, everyone :)

I decided to go with the zealot and save the avenger for a future project. He's one of the fastest characters I've seen through normal, level 40 atm. We'll see if he slows down here pretty quick...