Akukami's Glitch Hell Meph MF Sorc Guide

VQPowah

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Akukami's Glitch Hell Meph MF Sorc Guide

Quick question: Just hit lvl 61 and am in act 3 hell. What lvl should i try to get to before i start doing runs? How do i get there? and what are cheap rings that i could use for this build?

zioth

Diabloii.Net Member

I started glitching hell meph around level 45, and had no problem with it. I wouldn't do this without at least Iratha, Twitch, and 75-85% resists.

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member

Quick question: Just hit lvl 61 and am in act 3 hell. What lvl should i try to get to before i start doing runs? How do i get there? and what are cheap rings that i could use for this build?
depends on your preferences. quite a few folk are happy with 50 fcr teleport and just go for twinking rings that have str/dex and dual resists. or one of the above(s)

I prefer at least 70 fcr, and have historically just used fcr rings I find from andy, or this season I made a habit of glitching Norm D for a while, then NM D for a while before moving on to hell. I've found some pretty useful gear whilst leveling via those methods and I don't have to impose on anyone on the /f list for a rush at too early of a level.

mid 40s is typically when some folks start glitching. that being said, due in part to the sheer volume of competition among glitchers in pub games you'll find yourself not only fending off mephy, his pals down there, but also other glitchers, some with clvl's 2x that of yours and no doubt wearing all gg gear after finding lots of goodies glitching.

Mikk0

Diabloii.Net Member

just out of curiosity..

how hard is it to get gliched runs going on without 2nd client? if ppl are doing this widly across the realms shouldnt there be shortage of games to glich in? :rolleyes:

zioth

Diabloii.Net Member

I've found it to be really easy. Here's how you do it:

1) Start a game using a character who has already killed Mephisto. Give it a short password like 'a' so no one can see your game and steal your glitch.
2) Immediately quit the game, and join as your glitch character. Despite what I've read elsewhere, you do not have to sit in the game for five minutes before leaving. The game may not be permanent, but it lasts long enough to re-join once.

I've done this many times, and it never fails. As a one-player glitcher, I average about four rares or uniques from Mephisto each time. Don't expect your level to go up very high though. After level 60 or so, Mephisto gives you almost no experience in one-player.

And yes, there is a shortage of games to glitch in. I got tired of other people getting there first, and of having to wait around for new games to start, so I usualy glitch alone these days.

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member

just out of curiosity..

how hard is it to get gliched runs going on without 2nd client? if ppl are doing this widly across the realms shouldnt there be shortage of games to glich in? :rolleyes:
there definitely is a shortage of pub. games to glitch in.

if you have a group of mates, especially ones that are doing 2/7 cs runs anyway and/or a channel you hang in and there are private cs runs going on, then you can quite often ask them to make 8 and join in on the fray so long as there's not someone in the channel that already runs with them.

the issue I'm facing now is that my nub glitcher is low enough level, that most of the folks I typically priv cs with go with level requirements when doing pub runs - and there's enough of a gap that a sub lvl 80 glitcher isn't gonna even see the game.

as for getting xp on mephy - don't just wax him, take out his council too for more xp if you've got the time.

I've got a friend that's now just doing 1/2 mephy runs - having a baron bo barb create the game via the laptop, bo-ing the glitcher to do the glitch run, then leaving with the glitcher to come back with a lord din to 'raid' and glitch kill D

forumfreak

Diabloii.Net Member

I've got a friend that's now just doing 1/2 mephy runs - having a baron bo barb create the game via the laptop, bo-ing the glitcher to do the glitch run, then leaving with the glitcher to come back with a lord din to 'raid' and glitch kill D
any good diablo drops in a one person game?

zioth

Diabloii.Net Member

The quality of the drops doesn't depend on the number of players; just the number of drops.

I think you get something like twice as many drops on average in an 8-player game as in a 1-player game, so you'll have to kill diablo twice as many times to get good drops. Then again, you'll probably kill him a whole lot faster.

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member

The quality of the drops doesn't depend on the number of players; just the number of drops.

I think you get something like twice as many drops on average in an 8-player game as in a 1-player game, so you'll have to kill diablo twice as many times to get good drops. Then again, you'll probably kill him a whole lot faster.
x2.

the quality of drops can be stupendously good for lord kill on Diablo. Tis one of the reasons one sees very high level din's remake when they've been barroned.

I'm the host in a lot of cs runs so I usually have my din/cs sora both barroned. as such I also don't compete for the last/kill shot unless it's in a pub game and it's more than evident that one or more gaywads are using pickit.

a series of runs with all crummy/blue drops will tend to have them get the hint, and if it doesn't a very hot tp often will :thumbsup:

zioth

Diabloii.Net Member

I wish I hadn't deliberately baroned my paladin before I knew about glitching. :)

Though I guess I could clear out river and cs with the paladin and then bring in a sorc to finish off diablo.

squiggle

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Meph Glitch

This has been asked so many times.T.T

Yes, They still exist

You have a char that hasn't done meph quest, Join a game where you can't get the quest...And kill meph.

spigot

Diabloii.Net Member
Glitch rushing sorceress

I have read the glitch rushing guide in the build guides sticky. Just wanted to check a couple of details:

1. When I am rushing to convert a character to expansion, am I right in thinking it converts the character over with the same number of acts done? So, in order to have a character in Hell act 1 I have to rush the character in classic to hell act 3?

2. If this is the case, in order to rush the character through act 2, I am going to need a way to deal with the cold immunes (Coldworm burrower and associated monsters and the pit vipers). The best character for this is stated as being a pvm barb, however that seems like it could be slow (running all the way through the maggot layer/viper temple. Would it not be better to create a fire sorc seperately? Or do you think the orb/firewall build would be viable to just use one character? I could remove the 20 points in tele (which I find unnecessary, I don't mind quaffing a few pots), but will this provide enough damage.

Thanks for your time.

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator

1. I don't know what happens when one converts, since I don't have LoD.
2. You don't have to kill coldworm or the vipers.

If you want to kill them though, static them down to a sliver of life(static is not limited to 50% of a monster's life in classic, like a duracel bunny, it keeps going and going and going) and finish them with another lightning spell. I prefer to use nova for the killspell.

I made my glitcher with max orb, max cold mastery, max tele, 1 warmth, 1 lightning mastery and remaining skills in nova.

struikje

Diabloii.Net Member

well, on your first question: I've hf rushed myself, and if you convert before act 3, you'll get back to normal. Just tick off the wp in kurast, then convert, and your char will be in hell act 3.

@warlock: Get lod just for the better graphics ;).

Struikje

IsThisNamePermanent

Diabloii.Net Member

1. I don't know what happens when one converts, since I don't have LoD.
2. You don't have to kill coldworm or the vipers.

If you want to kill them though, static them down to a sliver of life(static is not limited to 50% of a monster's life in classic, like a duracel bunny, it keeps going and going and going) and finish them with another lightning spell. I prefer to use nova for the killspell.

I made my glitcher with max orb, max cold mastery, max tele, 1 warmth, 1 lightning mastery and remaining skills in nova.
I can static coldworm to a sliver of life and then shard stab him to death in all 3 game modes. The Vipers are easy if you just tele around them, my glitch mfer can rush all the way to act3 fine.

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator

I can static coldworm to a sliver of life and then shard stab him to death in all 3 game modes. The Vipers are easy if you just tele around them, my glitch mfer can rush all the way to act3 fine.
Indeed, some people prefer the personal touch. :)

XXVII

Diabloii.Net Member

Or if you build your sorc like I mentioned (I think its stickied too) you would have no problem with cold immunes...since you would static and kill them with firewall.

spigot

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the advice guys, thats pretty much answered my questions :smiley:

fledgeling

Diabloii.Net Member

funny, this stabbing with shard never worked for me (70fcr static) without enchant

lvl1 enchant doesnt help too