Akukami's Glitch Hell Meph MF Sorc Guide

Akukami

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, nice movie! It was hard to see the mods on the items you picked up, but you got the general idea of how Glitch MFing works. Well done! :thumbsup:

- Akukami

Pied

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice video you made. :thumbsup:

I see you can stand just beside him and nothing big happens with your life. Maybe i was just unlucky till now, because i had to tele back almost every time.

Maybe i should try to get my lichtning resist up yo the max instead of the 69 i have now. And my cold resist up for the blizz he casts from time to time.

He doesnt do any fire/poison dmg right? Maybe the hydras that are cast by the mobs around him, but i actually never pull them so that wouldn't be any problem.

Hope i have more luck in the comming runs :smiley:.

Pied

Akukami

Diabloii.Net Member
He doesnt do any fire/poison dmg right? Maybe the hydras that are cast by the mobs around him, but i actually never pull them so that wouldn't be any problem.
That's why I specifically said to be careful about attracting others from the surrounding areas. :grin:

- Akukami

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been absent from the forum for quite a while. thanks ray... now I know why I keep running into fellow glitchers :p

I have a lvl 82 orber glitcher - made her after my fire glitcher quested (laziness on my part, assumed that a cs run, was in fact a cs run made by a cs-er when it wasnt

anyway. good finds lately on mine.
99 ed, 897 red ornate, 56 base life, str/dex cr/fr. (already traded away)
+2 30/20 priz, spiked green shield, with lr stack, and -20 req
24 fhr, 59 life, cr/fr 2x each bplate (already traded away)
30/20 priz bone shield, 9 str, replife

several 17/30/20 priz shields, and/or 30/20 priz with stacks
240x mart, and more annoying 18x ED, 28x AR useless items like maces, and bo sticks than I ever thought I'd find.

I didn't closely read ray's recipe, but this is a do-able build with a very low budget. magefist, shard, twitch, and even a triple p diamond shield (I had quite a few p wards muled, so I went that route, and saved my pdiamond's for stuff after I socketed with sojs lately)

I did glimpse thru a couple of posts on the first page, and I'm a very firm believer in static, quick enough kill, that even if you join cs runs, with lvl 9x dins/soras that "split the run" I can usually kill mephy before they kill D (under 50 second kill, depending on how far away mephy is - quite often he's in the proverbial "egypt" )

Lorg

Diabloii.Net Member
Been away some time too... Akukami has really made my life much more difficult by doing such a good guide. Nowadays, i have to race to the memph and grap goodies, since so many new memph sorcs around :cry: !

-Lorg

FireMarshal

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice video! :thumbsup: I am being compelled to build a Glitch Sorc now :rolleyes: I won't have many problems though, cause I will just run her when I do my standard Barb Hork runs as well. And he has beat the game :grin: Free game for my sorc.

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice video! :thumbsup: I am being compelled to build a Glitch Sorc now :rolleyes: I won't have many problems though, cause I will just run her when I do my standard Barb Hork runs as well. And he has beat the game :grin: Free game for my sorc.
if you have pals, high up on ladder, trying to lvl via rapid fire, private cs runs, have them make 8 person games, and do mephy runs, while they do D runs.

they'll like the xp, and you'll get the extra large, and nice drop pile, vs. doing 1, or 2 person games.

FireMarshal

Diabloii.Net Member
ugh. I am level 23, and having the most boring time. I cannot do enough damage to level myself, and I cannot find a decent cow run or CS run. Do you guys hang out in any channels where this kind of thing happens? Once I hit 30, I'm golden....

and Goomba, I do not know hardly anyone on Bnet.

edit: right after this post, I found a cow game for few games, got to level 28.....stuck again lol. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:

Monzee

Diabloii.Net Member
ugh. I am level 23, and having the most boring time. I cannot do enough damage to level myself, and I cannot find a decent cow run or CS run. Do you guys hang out in any channels where this kind of thing happens? Once I hit 30, I'm golden....

and Goomba, I do not know hardly anyone on Bnet.

edit: right after this post, I found a cow game for few games, got to level 28.....stuck again lol. Maybe tomorrow.
I think I started around level 33 to solo nm cs. That went on untill level 45 when I could use all of my gear, so just hang in there. Its relatively easy once you get orb/mastery

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
I think I started around level 33 to solo nm cs. That went on untill level 45 when I could use all of my gear, so just hang in there. Its relatively easy once you get orb/mastery
I am my own clan as well. I have 3 legitimate cd-keys, and a host of pc's at my disposal.

so, if I want a "decent" cow run, I grab my chanter, toss an rclaw on the new char, and self chant, and make cows with the chanter (she makes all 3 modes)

once I hit mid 40's lvl, I start making the cow levels to attract people, then quietly sneak off and raid my own game with the new char for more exp - the beauty is, that since the chanter made the game, the norm/nm quest isn't avail to the new char, and I can effectively glitch/m my own games whilst leveling.

I did this until the low 6x level with my current orber, but to be fair, I didn't feel like doing the norm/nm skill/life/stat quests until that higher level :p

reading above, I see someone with zero cr in hell? :shocked: good lord, find yourself a triple socket shield, stat, and put pdia's in it, if you can't find a ward, or nice rezzy bone shield

I should point out, that akukami's build/gear is more generallistic as well - should he accidentally somehow quest, his sorc makes a good pvp annoyasorc via orb. my build is orb/iceblast with 1 level for static to spam in between.

I only have level 1 teleport, so I consume quite a few blue pots on my way to durance 3, and during the course of killing him (cause I'm also more of a vita build, than mana build like most morbers)

another little hint. if you join noobish cs games, they will last long enough for you to take out most of mephy's council for even more xp - my build, with zero mf doesn't give any meaningful drops from council, but decent enough exp, even at lvl 83.

speaking of rez. I never added up total rez, but the LCS shows:
90 FR (I love hot spurs, 3 pair now this ladder season)
75 CR
75 LR
4x PR.
this is with twitch for the armor, and magefists for gloves (I'm lacking one twinker fcr ring to be able to toss the magefists for some rezzy/replife/mana gloves) - actually, come to think of it, I should have kept the gloves I gave Akukami (str/dex tri rez) and just put a cruddy fcr ring in the other slot :p

tdlofcc

Diabloii.Net Member
I had an annoying start too ... Been gone from Bnet for about a year now ... back since a couple of weeks. Huge @ss friendslist, but all of them quit too.
So not alot of friends, took me awhile to get to lvl 30, but by then I could use my sorc/mana levelgear. I havbe 240stat points left and 73 energy (all from items :p) and about 550 mana. That way I can spam orb left and right ;)

I need to get to lvl67 to use my +2 ammy with FCR/prism/str so I can start wearing my endgear.

I leveled to lvl 55 in NM CS. Worked fine. I could have gone on there, but the lack of NM games is amazing nowadays.

Still have to figure out the full gear.
Pretty sure I want the Twitch/Shard and the 30/20 19prism boneshield I got.
Rest is completely unsure as of yet.

Rezzy gloves, since my ammy is 10fcr and I have a nice 10fcr/man/rezzy ring.
Other ring ... guessing mana or life and res. Belt should be fhr/rezzy. Helm, I'm thinking to go with a 3ptopaz crown. Get me some MF, and use the gull on switch when I get to mephi.

Think I'll browse through my mules today and see what I can find.

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
...Helm, I'm thinking to go with a 3ptopaz crown. Get me some MF, and use the gull on switch when I get to mephi.

Think I'll browse through my mules today and see what I can find.
experiment with it. I found, that oddly enough, when I raise my mf via the ptopazed crown, gull and chancies, that the quality of drops decreased (set items, and uniques)

that being said, some might point out that one wants uniques for the chance at getting sojs - so far, I haven't landed a soj yet, but have landed quite a bit of gear worth, and trade-able for sojs - I'd rather have the latter, even if the sojs I trade for are duped, I'm only using them to socket gear.

tdlofcc

Diabloii.Net Member
experiment with it. I found, that oddly enough, when I raise my mf via the ptopazed crown, gull and chancies, that the quality of drops decreased (set items, and uniques)

that being said, some might point out that one wants uniques for the chance at getting sojs - so far, I haven't landed a soj yet, but have landed quite a bit of gear worth, and trade-able for sojs - I'd rather have the latter, even if the sojs I trade for are duped, I'm only using them to socket gear.
I was told by someone that you would have a higher chance to get good rares with tripple dura :)

So, yes, I will try it out. If it doesn't work, I'll switch to nice fhr/rezzy helm ;)
Or full life/mana ... dunno :)

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
I was told by someone that you would have a higher chance to get good rares with tripple dura :)

So, yes, I will try it out. If it doesn't work, I'll switch to nice fhr/rezzy helm ;)
Or full life/mana ... dunno :)
also true - "failed elite" I think was the term that was used. however, a triple dura bo-stick, dagger, or triple dura grim shield really isn't what I'm looking for :thumbsup:

lately, I have found some insane mods, on entirely useless gear. e.g. 17x ED, 27x AR, dual leach dagger, or worse - a warhammer (lvl 48 req)

tdlofcc

Diabloii.Net Member
also true - "failed elite" I think was the term that was used. however, a triple dura bo-stick, dagger, or triple dura grim shield really isn't what I'm looking for :thumbsup:

lately, I have found some insane mods, on entirely useless gear. e.g. 17x ED, 27x AR, dual leach dagger, or worse - a warhammer (lvl 48 req)
Ugh ... don't even start ... I've had crazy mods on the most useless of useless items :) Might have some screenies of that somewhere.

forumfreak

Diabloii.Net Member
so im just curious... is there a big difference to having 0% mf to low mf??

i cant seem to find a sorc ammy with absolutely no mf. and same goes with one of my fcr rings. :(

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
so im just curious... is there a big difference to having 0% mf to low mf??

i cant seem to find a sorc ammy with absolutely no mf. and same goes with one of my fcr rings. :(
with low (like teens) MF I haven't found a tremendous difference. when I toss on about 100-200+ mf the quality of the drops, ironically somehow goes down dramatically

oh, and now, that I'm very rapidly approaching level 85, it seems the quality of the drops has gone down as well. Annoyingly enough i keep getting like 3 crappy grym scythes per kill...

:rolleyes: seems like from what I've heard from other glitchers, one uber, super duper, godly item per glitcher, usually around level 79-80 and a couple of other really nice, but not quite as godly drops is typical for a glitcher.

all told, I've gotten maybe 6, or 7 sojs worth of gear via this one... if things don't improve again after 85 I may make another one :)

Akukami

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, you may be right about the level difference. I've been noticing the quality of my drops go down as soon as I hit Level 81. Then again, I've been getting more Grim Helms/Shields, Marts, Exes, and Gothic Swords. :shocked: I managed to land a nice Gothic Sword that I may use on a BvB, but I'm too lazy to make new characters nowadays. :grin:

- Akukami

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, you may be right about the level difference. I've been noticing the quality of my drops go down as soon as I hit Level 81. Then again, I've been getting more Grim Helms/Shields, Marts, Exes, and Gothic Swords. :shocked: I managed to land a nice Gothic Sword that I may use on a BvB, but I'm too lazy to make new characters nowadays. :grin:

- Akukami
I get a lot of mauls, a lot of exe's a few marts - but all have sucked.

I also find a lot of low level stuff lately. found an fhr, tri rez skull cap (low rezs) that was like lvl 9. I also obviously still get more shards, twitches, rcages, and the occasional ward than I will ever use. How bad is it getting, when even I, the king junk collector won't mule/xfer such things XD

oh, and lately, I've been killing the council for xp down there, again with zero mf - usually get the magic items.

did manage one godly score last night. fhr, red 39 life, cr 28 fr 29 skull cap...

^^ while it's very nice, if it were a bone helm, I think we all know it would have been worth more just for the sex factor...

Akukami

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, there you go! There's the one godly drop after 70+ runs. The Gothic Sword I got yesterday dropped after about 50 or so runs, which, carried over from my previous glitching runs, would be about 70 runs before it dropped.

- Akukami