Akukami's Glitch Hell Meph MF Sorc Guide

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
You could also just skip the council quest. I did that with my goldfinder. It takes quite a bit more effort to skip it then to do it actually and to make sure you don't get it also requires that you quest check every game you join to kill the council in.

Pied

Diabloii.Net Member
I think i'm not getting it.

I just turned level 56. And i gave it a shot. But every game i get totally owned by mephi himself. My lightning resistance is 69 (i dont have that good gear) and i have about 600 life, but all his lightning attacks almostk ill me in 1 blow.

I know, when i get in close range, he stops with the lightning and all (not totally, he likes to release some lightning bolts from time to time, that kill me in 1 blow), but his normal attacks are dealing to much damage for me. I cant be standing next to him spamming static field. By the time his life is 1/2 way, my red bulb is totally empty, and all my health potions are gone.

I got 74% clock chance so that cant be the point. But i rarely block anything from him. His lightning attacks seems to hit me about 90% of the time, and his normal attacks like...all the time?

Am i doing something wrong here? :undecided:

Please explain :smiley:

Locke07

Diabloii.Net Member
Just get to a higher lvl will you help out a lot. His physical attacks will miss more, and you will have access to higher lvl of skills and more life from your stats. Gear is also an obvious choice, however if you're willing to trade off points in ice bolt for more poitns in static might not be a bad idea: this would allow you to keep your distance and use teleport to move around, dodging his attacks, and using static to damage him. I usually cast orb to freeze then, static, static, static then orb again. It's a fairly easy process but hopefulyl some of this helps.

Locke

Monzee

Diabloii.Net Member
I have been able to do this with great success since lvl 48.. Dont have godly gear as I wanted to see how Akukami's guide worked with the gear stated. And it does great I must say. Sure the lightning is powerfull but I found that making an emergency tp every time you get to him makes life much easier. Also see if you can get amu with +1 skill on it and you should be able to stand with just a little distance to him. That way he will be more likely to make a physical hit on you which is easily blocked.

My life is now 700 (lvl 52) and max FR. LR/CR about 40 though. Maybe I sould record a short vid of how im doing if any1 should be interested in it?

Akukami

Diabloii.Net Member
Hehe, I actually started testing my luck with the Sorc at Level 39, and the very first time, I ran to town three times after Meph hit me with that damn missile. Around Level 45 was when it started to get easy.

Monzee, let's see a video! I always like those. :grin:

- Akukami

sunnykisawesome

Diabloii.Net Member
a word of advice

just a word of advice.

aku told me about this build a little while ago,

my sorc was lvl 76 and still in a3 hell after so many meph runs.

just make sure you are paying attention to whether or not you can complete the quest in the game.

it really stinks when you have a lvl 76 glitched meph sorc that doesnt work. :(

sunnykisawesome

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah.

usually you can tell by the difference in the portal at the center of durance lvl 3

a game:
with quest available to complete = dark portal (bad)
with quest unavailable to complete = portal with red flames around it. (good)

that is usually a tell tale sign if you happen to forget to check for the quest.

Birgitte

Diabloii.Net Member
it really stinks when you have a lvl 76 glitched meph sorc that doesnt work. :(
That's why I don't believe in dedicated glitch mephi runners - for some of my characters, it's a phase they come through. Sometimes a long phase.

Byaxident

Diabloii.Net Member
My first one lasted less than a few hours. lol. It was slightly annoying.
She got lucky enough to pick up a nice shield from meph before it all ended though.

Monzee

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I lost my first one too at lvl 50 as a result of complete stupidity. Felt really dull afterwards but seing how I had already seen some good results and at the same time had the gear ready on my old sorc I just went ahead and made a new one. Now level 54.

I always try to make sure I can't get the quest by hitting Q just when I enter. And as a second way of making sure I've made it at must to myself to make a tp around the portal to act4. IF you can't get the quest a path will rise from below allowing you to walk to meph. However if this path does NOT rise you can tell that the quest is avaliable.

Pied

Diabloii.Net Member
Man i feel stuipd.

It goes alot better now atm, with the +1 skill amu, helps ALOT with casting static. Its just a must.

I'm level 60 atm and i'm still having problems with meph. I dont seem to block any of his attacks. And when i'm in close range, his nova's deal about 2/3 of my health. Altho my lightning resist is 69 with 680 life. Sometimes he even releases those lightning bolts which will kill me in 1 shot.

And it takes me alot more then 20 seconds to static him down to a level where i can kill him with 2/3 orbs, and i do have 70% FCR.

I must me doing something wrong here....

Monzee

Diabloii.Net Member
Man i feel stuipd.

It goes alot better now atm, with the +1 skill amu, helps ALOT with casting static. Its just a must.

I'm level 60 atm and i'm still having problems with meph. I dont seem to block any of his attacks. And when i'm in close range, his nova's deal about 2/3 of my health. Altho my lightning resist is 69 with 680 life. Sometimes he even releases those lightning bolts which will kill me in 1 shot.

And it takes me alot more then 20 seconds to static him down to a level where i can kill him with 2/3 orbs, and i do have 70% FCR.

I must me doing something wrong here....
Hmm I just make sure to hit the first healing pot when he lands his first hit. I Cold him once with FO and then static till little below the M in his name. Then it takes 4-5 orbs to finish him off. About you blocking none of his attacks what are your FHR and block rate?

Pied

Diabloii.Net Member
Well my FHr is 57% atm. And my blockrate is 75%.

I to begin with casting one orb in his direction so he gets frozen. And after the first hit i take a healing pot to, but his melee attacks are just doing to much dmg . And he seems to hit me on about 50% of his attacks. And the lightning kills me, aswell as the blizzard he can cast (but he doesnt do this very often so no big deal). My CR is exactually 0% in hell.

tdlofcc

Diabloii.Net Member
Well my FHr is 57% atm. And my blockrate is 75%.

I to begin with casting one orb in his direction so he gets frozen. And after the first hit i take a healing pot to, but his melee attacks are just doing to much dmg . And he seems to hit me on about 50% of his attacks. And the lightning kills me, aswell as the blizzard he can cast (but he doesnt do this very often so no big deal). My CR is exactually 0% in hell.

Are you running ?
Or standing still ?

Because when your running ... your blocklevel drops to 1/3 of half ... something like that.

Monzee

Diabloii.Net Member
Im done recording my video but im running into some technical difficulties.. I use Fraps and the videofile stored is about 1.4 GB :undecided: Then I try to run Virtualdub to convert it to divx codec but I get an error saying something about the format is not supported. I found another codec that works however it still takes up like 80 MB space which is WAAAY too much for a 2 minute clip :cry:

I downloaded the codec from here:
http://www.divx.com/

If any of you could help me out with this I could get done uploading the video. Not that its anything fancy since it is my first movie ever and just needed to make it really quick.

(edit: Maybe i've figured it out.)

Last edited:

Monzee

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah sorry for double posting but I cant edit. I have decided to use my "creative" skills a bit and therefore I wont be posting the video before tomorrow or so. Just adding a bit of text and music in the video to make it just a little interesting. I hope you all enjoy it.

Also Im open for suggestions as what to show in the video. (maybe make it of some kind of tutorial and refer to this forum for details on building the actual sorc?)

Monzee

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright, I finished my first movie ever and I think I did OK. There are some flaws in the editing which you will propably notice but hopefully you will get the idea.. :azn:

I've posted it on video.google.com but the quallity is a bit crappy due to them modifying it further so I'll also post the video for download in resolution 720*5xx

For online preview:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6882939638548507629

For download: (~20MB)
http://rapidshare.com/files/22896605/The_Meph_Glitch_v.3.4.wmv.html

Last edited: