Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

AIM confuzzulness

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by {KOW}Spazed, Feb 23, 2004.

1. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

AIM confuzzulness

Ok I am wanting to send files from my Mac to my PC put for some reason AIM only allows PC to Mac.... I was wondering if any of you knew either A) I way around this or B) Some other way to transfer several large (bigger than 140 meg) files. I am thinking the problem lies in the fact that I am using the same cable line to connect to the internet. I am still at a loss for how I can do this though.

I have looked around and all I can find is DAVE and PC-TO-MAC and I tested out the trials on both and neither really had what I was looking for even the full versions wouldn't do it.

This is a work around I have come up with but still need some help on. . . I have a 120Gig External drive that is formated in FAT32 I can put the files from my Mac on them, but for whatever reason cannot get my Windows(ME ughh) to work with it. It comes up as "Mass USB Storage Device" in Device Manager. It says that the device is either not working properly (as if I can't tell that) or that the drivers are not up to date. When I update the drivers however it says they are the best ones to use and doesn't give me any more options.

2. Mad Merlin

Mad Merlin IncGamers Member

Why don't you just use Samba to share the files from one computer to another?

3. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

MM I want your bookmarks....or I want to move into the cave next door. I searched for at least 2 hours yesterday and didn't find anything like this! Thanks a lot you seem to be the goto guy for computer problems.

I just realized that I miss-spelled the title... I need some sleep.

4. Mad Merlin

It's all up here... *taps head gently*

Seriously though, it doesn't hurt that I'm a Computer Science major and I sit in front of a computer roughly 95% of my waking hours. *hugs his computers*

5. masterazn

masterazn Banned

GEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkk!!!!!

6. Mad Merlin

Thanks.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

7. masterazn

masterazn Banned

Anytime bro.

8. Mister 4

Mister 4 IncGamers Member

Azn = spammer.

To add some relevance to this thread, might I suggest that you not use AIM, or anything made by AOL.

9. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Well I wouldn't except I don't know how to get the files across any other way.....stupid external HD won't get picked up by ME(ughh), Samba while it seems good is really confusing, and finally I can't think of any programs that will do it. (By "I" I mean google won't tell me anything usefull)

@AZN I am a computer geek in training....just gotta find a way out of HS faster. The Geeks shall inherit the Earth!

10. Choogy

Choogy IncGamers Member

You could use that new USB stick...you stick it in one USB, upload a whole buncha info...stick it in another
    Comes w/ a handy keychain thingie...
    They go up to 1 gig...

11. Mister 4

Mister 4 IncGamers Member

What about using mIRC to DCC the files to yourself. Just hook both up to the net, connect twice to the same chatroom, and send them to the other computer that way?