Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ahhh +3 ES memory staff....

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by penco, Jun 11, 2008.

1. penco

penco IncGamers Member

ahhh +3 ES memory staff....

Every Energy Shield guide recommends the use of a "Memory" staff with a +3 ES staffmod. Where do you all get these things??? I have never come across one, and if I understand the game mechanics correctly, they can't be shopped.

As a side note, I am making a somewhat colorful non-traditional Energy Sorc with max ES and TK along with max Firewall, Charged Bolt, and (close to max) Lightning (with one point in masteries). Has anyone ever made anything like this? It won't have the world's best kill power, but it should be a lot of fun, especially for hardcore.

2. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

Re: ahhh +3 ES memory staff....

Memory is a runeword which gives +3 to ES and +3 to all sorc skills IIRC. Find a white staff with +3 ES , socket it for 4 socks and make memory - voila; +9 ES staff. Enjoy!

3. Jaquiezz

Jaquiezz IncGamers Member

These staffs can be worth quite a bit, I know on NL they go for 8-12hrs, so they aren't cheap. I've found two of them in about 4 years of playing, so they aren't extremely common. However, you could easily just find a staff that has skills that you want, and if it has ES as well all the better. The difference between a 8 and 9 ES memory staff is small, and it might be worth it to just make memory in a staff with other useful mods besides ES.

4. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

I made a 9 ES memory @ EuHCL once.. any idea what it was worth before reset? I gave it away though

5. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

The perfect energy shield build would be a real tank. But in the offensive department, have a hard time with normal andy. It would look something like 20 es, 20 telekenisis, 20 warmth, 20 shiver armor,20 frozen armor and the rest into shiver armor. A perfect es, along with warmth to keep the mana up, and armors for defence. With enough pdr and mdr (30-40 in each is good), it would be a better tank than barbs against non-manaburners.

6. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

can't you buy these in Act2 norm?

7. coppatop

coppatop IncGamers Member

why are these worth so much? DO people use these as a switch to get Es?

8. zarirazz

zarirazz IncGamers Member

^^well, it is the highest +ES you can get from both weapon/shield slots. next best is probably a +3 lightning skills/ES orb (pretty rare) with spirit shield which only gives +8ES.

9. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Sadly, no. The highest "tier" of +skill you can get from the vendor is the level18 skills (Glacial Spike, Chain Lightning, Enchant, etc.). That vendor is a good source for a +3 Enchant/2-socket staff though (for making a Leaf runeword and getting +6 Enchant).

I think to find a +3ES staff, I'd probably run Cows (in Normal or Nightmare) in a 8-player game with very little MF. Or just trade for one. :crazyeyes: