Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ah the Joys of SP

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SeCKSEgai, Jun 23, 2010.

1. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai Diabloii.Net Member

Ah the Joys of SP

Hi, I'm new to SP but a long time player, so I figured I'd introduce myself. The biggest (in fact really only) reason I ever played MP on Closed B.net were the Ladder-Only runewords. If I had known they were possible to be had in SP, I would have switched years ago!

However, I do know I'll miss running Ubers and hunting DClones, but considering the current state of the season 6 economy, it would be a long time before that really would be viable for me anyway.

But most of all, I look forward to no more scams, no more spam, competing against bots, and being able to play at my own leisure. =)

2. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Ah the Joys of SP

Welcome to the community. There's a thread about discussing the benifits playing SP, but they can really be summarized nicely:

In no particular order:
    1) Muling apps... GoMule and ATMA.
    2) Static Maps
    3) Lack of cheating and other idiotic behaivor.
    4) Game Pause
    5) Restart at your whim rather than waiting for Bliz to decide.
    6) /players X
    7) version choice (I don't do this, but many here do).
    8) SPF/SPTF

3. Painman

Painman Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome... yes, we have no Ubers or Dclone here, but the pros outweigh the cons, at least in my mind. Annis/torches are nice, but not necessary. Plenty of folks here at the SPF have characters that can run around the game at /players 8 without those things.

Another huge benefit - no temp bans! Doing power runs @ Meph, Pindle, LK, Travincal, etc. is a popular sport here. You can run Pindleskin 200+ times per hour for as long as you can stand it. And you'll find good stuff. Pindle in particular is a VERY high value target, as he can drop almost everything, except for 3 set items and 3 uniques. It's definitely a different ballpark for MFing here in SP.

Anyway, have fun, and may your drops be green, gold and orange.

4. Tanksaabas

Tanksaabas Diabloii.Net Member

Also we have good mp crew here in spf in case playing alone finally gets too tedious.

Anyways have fun finding green breastplates :badteeth:

5. SeCKSEgai

Yes, the temp bans - not much more irritating than losing an anni or other runeword gear muling because you can't get back into your game!

Oh, and I really dig the fact that maps are no longer rotating, so I don't have a mixture of randomly finding the next level in mere seconds or over a minute of teleporting randomly.

6. thefranklin

thefranklin Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome! I have seen you around the Assassin forums, and you have been very knowledgeable and helpful, I am sure you will fit in around here.

Have you set up Gomule/Atma? From your last comment on losing things with muling I am sure you have looked into these.

Another thing that the SPF has over Bnet is time travelling. You can get some fun items in 1.10 beta, 1.07/08 that you cannot get in 1.13. Also, if you have done everything on Bnet and get a little bored, the earlier patches can offer some fresh challenges.

I think one of the biggest benefits (for me at least) is that hitting esc pauses the game and you can leave it for a few hours later, and nothing will have changed!

That and playing through the game is much more fun due to the /players command. It is so hard on Bnet to just play though the game, as on /players1 you can end up severely underleved vs some of the earlier bosses.

7. SeCKSEgai

When I started this new ladder, I had let all my characters (and their expensive gear and hrs) go poof to inactivity account deletion. When I last left I figured I had conquered everything this game had to offer.

After trying the game Sacred, I found myself craving d2 again. Sacred looked good, but the gameplay was lacking.

I'm so tempted to get into the mods, as it be like playing a whole new game considering how extensive they are. I didn't expect a game this old to still have a solid modding community, especially considering unlike newer mod-friendly games, D2 was not.

But yes, the muling was the first thing I looked into. Every link I found on the web was suspicious. Thyiad pointed me in the right direction (all this time using these forums and I still needed a mod to point me to a sticky!)

I actually forget I have the game running sometimes. Unlike bnet, where I typically am stuck perming the game so I can mule, I no longer fear realm downs and other losses.