After ladder resets

jap333

Diabloii.Net Member
After ladder resets

whats the first build you pros build lol. im an alright player but i NEVER know what to make as my first char, i always make a whole bunch of em, get em to act4 or somethin and make a new one lol but for FIRST char on NEW ladder what build would you guys recomend for mfing/leveling with obviously crappy items lol sorry if this is a repost :undecided:

MysticDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
Meteorb Sorcs, Fishymancers, and Hammerdins are common first characters on ladder. Each of them do very well without high end gear. Use the search feature to find a guide for each of them.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
How can you not know? Did you notice being in a game with 4 cold sorcs, a fire sorc, a light sorc, and a hammerdin in every ladder game after it restarts? Or before, for that matter?

Cooked

Diabloii.Net Member
What does "ladder reset" mean. I have never heard of such a term.

Last Ladder I made a, hold your breath, pure cold sorc, blizzard so I could farm NM Andy and eventually Mephy in Hell for items. Boring as can be but I was on the ladder for a few weeks, more likely from a lot of play rather than my character selection. I was able to find a Stone of Jordan ring after about a hundred NM Andy runs.

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
People usually just make something that they can easily MF with. So therefore the sorceresses would be your best bet. If you wanna just go for something fun though, you can just play around until the ladder economy stabilizes a bit, then just make a sorc then, trade around and try to get going from then.

Nilaripper

Diabloii.Net Member
jap333 said:
what build would you guys recomend for mfing/leveling with obviously crappy items lol sorry if this is a repost :undecided:
Ladder starter char:Sorceress(cold/light/fire)
helm:eek:rt-sol
armor.tal-eth(later:nef-lum)
amulet:any(+3skillamu later)
weapon:tal-thul-ort-amn
shield:shael-eth(later:eth-lum)
belt:any
rings.any+mana rings
boots:any
merc:ral-tir-tal-sol

As soon as you got this gear you can run meff hell or andy even on HCl and you are rich in a no time..

lagalot

Diabloii.Net Member
zealot/1point smiter is a easy char to work on from scratch and when you get good enough gear you have a ready made uber trist killer

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Meteorb sorc, then a zealot in parallel with a FO/CL sorc. That way I can MF att a lot of the L85 areas, Meph, Andy and a lot of super-uniques, as well as gathering keys and torches and doing the übers.

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
Nilaripper said:
Ladder starter char:Sorceress(cold/light/fire)
helm:eek:rt-sol
armor.tal-eth(later:nef-lum)
amulet:any(+3skillamu later)
weapon:tal-thul-ort-amn
shield:shael-eth(later:eth-lum)
belt:any
rings.any+mana rings
boots:any
merc:ral-tir-tal-sol

As soon as you got this gear you can run meff hell or andy even on HCl and you are rich in a no time..
another choice would be a barb and then run keys.

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
blizzard sorc is a perfect char to start the ladder with
in hell you can do meph,pindel,mausoleum(act1 lvl85 area),ancient tunnels(act2 lvl85 area) all with basic gear and in 8pl game

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Yes, a blizzard sorc is probably the quicker way, but I like to have characters which are still useful after they served their original purpose and a blizzard sorc gets boring very quickly if all she can do solo is Meph, the Tunnels and Pindleskin.

BLOK45

Diabloii.Net Member
I started with meteorb sorc with nice mf this season.
I might start next season with a barb.

BTW, haven't been around for a while. Anyone know when/if ladder 4 season will start?

Cooked

Diabloii.Net Member
BLOK45 said:
........ BTW, haven't been around for a while. Anyone know when/if ladder 4 season will start?
Not even God knows this. The folks at Blizzard don't know for certain either!

Being close to God I will predict somewhere between two weeks from now to ....... ? Blizz-con? Is there a Blizz-con this year?

Welcome back to the insane distraction and waste of life that is LoD! May you fry as many brain cells as I have over the years!