Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

After all this time

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kefir-Tribe, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

After all this time

Well, this is kind of a Patriarch thread. I’ve played a lot of zealots through the years of d2 and in the beginning of 1.10 I built a classic fana/zeal paladin based on Schaefer’s Hammer. He did pretty well, I recall, but was very fragile. I therefore abandoned him and took all his gear away, a long time ago. Recently though, I decided to use him to test some gear for a build idea dwelling in the more undiscovered parts of my right front lobe. So once again, Windel-Poons walk the earth:

Equipment
    Andariel’s Visage (ias-jewel)
    Highlord’s Wrath
    Schaefer’s Hammer (Sheal)
    Duriel’s Shell (upgr. Ias-jewel)
    Herald of Zakarum (Pdimond)
    Laying of Hands
    Raven Frost
    Thundergod’s Vigor
    Rare ring (dual leech, 15 dex…)
    Gore Rider (upgr.)
    Passion Ettin Axe on switch

So what’s special about it then? The thing is that I discovered that this character really, well… owned. I must say that I’m mighty impressed because the eq isn’t even optimised yet. He make p8 baalruns at a satisfying speed on don’t seem to so fragile as I remembered. And 1,4k smite really work well against Baal. I must admit I’ve underestimated the Zealot.

2. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Stats! We need stats! And life! And Mana! And damage!

More plzd00dkkthx?

3. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

Even though you don't satisfy Serdash's curiosity, congratulations anyway.

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Well done! a long time coming indeed!
    Can you remember what your original setup was, or is that lost in the abyss of you memory now?
    And on a sort of highjacking, despite my never liking pally's, i have found that the zealot is quite fun. Wouldnt mind making a powerful one with all the right gear, see just how hard he does hit.

5. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Not everyone has a vex spare, and no res can be a pain. Also, his HoZ is a pretty good replacement..:lol:

6. Kaptain_Insano

Kaptain_Insano IncGamers Member

Nice! I need to make myself a zealot. So many good chars to make. I've got most of that equip. i'll be waiting for more info.

Cheers K

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Err, unless me, arreat summit and diabloii.net are all mistaken, Exil does not give any resistances except +5 to max cold and fire. Your probably looking at a basic 44 res on the shield before the word was added.
    *points at lemming* j00 n00b! ! pwn j00! :p

8. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

You will find that many Exile runewords are placed into ethereal shield with inherant +Resists.

To the original poster, are you going to attempt to reach the 4fps Zeal with Schaefer's Hammer?

9. Gohanman

Gohanman IncGamers Member

Um, he has 4fpa. Legendary Mallet + lvl 20 Fanat needs 120 IAS.

20 (Highlord's)
    20 (LoH)
    35 (IAS jewl visage)
    15 (IAS jewel duriel's)
    40 (shael shaeffer's)
    = 130, by my math.

He actually has room to drop the shael if he finds a sweet xxx jewel of Fervor.

10. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

Ah yes. Thanks for pulling me up on that. I simply didn't read the equipment setup properly. I think I need more coffee.

11. Reborn2k

Reborn2k IncGamers Member

Hehe... That is too cool, congratulations! It seems that you really like melee chars. You wanted to reach lvl 99 and have tried much melee builds. Over the time I have become a real melee lover, too. I just lack good weapons, but it slowly gets better. My real dream would be a char just like this, but I haven't found Schaefer's hammer yet (or stormlash). Luckily my pindle maps drops legendary mallets quite often, I already found a stone crusher on it. With some dedication Schaefer's will drop and if not, I'll have a found a stormlash in the mean time, because Scourges drop often too! Yeah! Then I may finally be able to make the char I have planned for so long... See? I'm REALLY jealous! :) Good to know that that weapon owns. Static field must be really great for p8 games, I only know it from sorcs and on melee chars it must be godly! :) Ah well, I talk too much and I have mentioned this at least 10000 times, but whew! Congratulations! :thumbsup:

12. Kefir-Tribe

Yes I do. Mainly because casters are (or at least were in 1.09) too easy to play. No challange. I've seen your item find thread in the other place... I'm the jealous one :) . My dream build btw, is a DTalon assassin with stormlash.

I can post stats and such when I come home, but they aren't to special.

13. Reborn2k

Yeah post the stats!!! :) I totally agree on the melee thing, but I don't know much about DTalon sins. I have seen a thread of you where you tried to make a DTalon sin with an upped ribcracker. I think DTalon can get to 2 fpa and if the staticfield of stormlash works... Pwn! :lol: Nice to know that you're jealous, but I'm still jealous! Look, I'm noob that I have found the mentioned items, but not a schaefer's/lash yet! That's some strange luck! :lol:

14. Vargas

Vargas IncGamers Member

Omedetô (congratulations) for your acomplishment!

15. Kefir-Tribe

Okay, some stats:
    strength: 199
    Dexterity: 143
    Vitality: 332
    Energy: 15

Damage: 1583 - 5398
    Chance of DS: 47%
    Attack Rating: 12548
    Defense: 18642
    Life: 1364
    Mana: 196
    Resistances: 75/75/85/85

Mercenary:
    Eth Reaper's Toll (Amn)
    Kira's Guardian (ias-jewel)
    Shaftstop (upgr. ias-jewel)

If I continue playing with him I'll probably change armor to Shaftstop, Guardian Angel or Arkaine's Valor. It would also be nice to change the helm to Guillaume's Face but I'm afraid that's not possible, because of ias problems. The original setup was pretty much like this one IIRC. But I used Stormshield and some other armor I think.

16. Reborn2k

Nice. The normal setup is something like this:

Helm 15
    Armor (griswold's, nat's, black hades) 3 x 15 = 45
    Amulet 20
    Gloves 20

Then you can socket a good jewel in the schaefer's. Of course you couldn't wear such a sweet armor, but no one has complained that this wouldn't work. If you would leave the shael in schaefer's hammer you could also equip dracul's for ultimate safety... And I think Guillaume's wouldn't hurt because of the CB/DS...

:thumbsup:

What happened to TheLastHero, MissTalon and Tilak btw? Didn't they turn out well? Why?

17. Kefir-Tribe

They're alive but not equipped, resting among around 20 other retired heroes. All of them more or a less successful. I've realized that it's the testing of new tactics that is the thrill for me in this game. I'll test some gear twinking later maybe (I do actually have a very nice Black Hades). But right now I'm making a new MF character.