Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

After all these years why hasnt.......

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Stimm, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

After all these years why hasnt.......

Numerous patched and additions have been made to D2 in my career but I cant see why they havent...

- Exapanded friends list from 25 to maybe 40

- created another set ring - aside from a dueler or week 1 noone picks them

- they altered the display graphics of so many items but you cant see half of
    them in game due to str bugging

- change it so maybe another act merc might be viable outside of the act 2 ones, when was the last time you saw a rogue merc or act3 merc in hell?

- have more then 1 monster that a hammerdin cant kill

- made it so rares and magic items might actually have a shot at being used. with the addition of oath any good rare has been made useless again

- actually made an anti botting measure that works. a legit person cant swap an acct more then 2 or 3 times but yet a botter can go all night long without issue

- made it so you can safely trade annis and gheeds charms. aside from friends and maybe this forum trading for one is impossible

- created a runeword that has cleanse aura as a mod, they have every other aura why not that one?

- made another area outside countelss baal runs for a 93 + to lvl in

- defined exactly how long a ladder season is

2. senji

senji Banned

i just want them to get rid of maphack forever don't care about other stuff. with out maphack some people can't even play the game.

3. Taxed

Taxed IncGamers Member

Personally I'd like some sort of way to report those who are using hacks.

4. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

AMEN TO THAT

i've been saying muck maphack from day one. I think being able to see the monsters on the map isnt a bad idea, since theoretically a person would be able to see monsters coming in the distance, but thats neither here nor there. It's laziness, sheer laziness and has no place in hardcore gaming.

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Don't use str bugging...

An act 1 rogue with Faith bow for fanatiscism could be really sweet, but yes they should've beefed up the other mercs a bit.

I agree with magic items, that are basically crap or 35.000 gold now...but rares can be totally godly...You can get the 4xx% Enhanced damage +40%IAS +2 socket dream weapon....not to mention rare boots+gloves that are almost always better than their unique counterparts...I know that the weapon is kind of a long shot, but so is finding a Zod rune....or at least it should be.

Yes how hard can it be...

I think that Blizzard has done more for this game than one with any reason could expect...Sure it still has flaws, but we're still playing 5-6 years after it's release.

6. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Without releasing a patch that changes the memory location of whatever maphack has to play with every 3 days or so, or making map info server side, both of which would cost Blizzard more money than Blizzard is going to spend, I'd like to hear how you propose they could possibly ever do that?

At the original post:
    -A1 mercs are good and don't need to be better, it's the A2 mercs that need a toning down. A2 mercs, and to a certain extent A5 mercs (which are overpowered, just not as much as the A2 ones) make playing elemental characters about 2358 times easier than it should be.

-technically a level 98 should be killing diablo and baal rather than minions and baal, so technically your wish of "another area for 93+ people to level in" is fulfilled!!

-About botting, see my comment to senji. You come up with a way to stop botting that doesn't involve Blizzard spending more money than Blizzard is going to spend, then talk. Don't say "the random image with distorted letters to type to create a game" because not all people are capable of reading those things.

-Annis and Gheeds aren't MEANT to be traded for. The reason Blizzard made it so you can't trade them is so that they wouldn't become a stock-pileable currency like the soj. I have no issue with this policy.

I agree whole heartedly with the rest of them though.

7. Sip

Sip Banned

how about a hostile delay that actually prevents people from tppking... :mad:

8. MoUsE_WiZ

Don't even need a delay to do that ><
    They fixed hammers so they can every single other skill.
    They just don't.
    It's not even a client side fix...lazy bastards ><

9. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

made another area outside countelss baal runs for a 93 + to lvl in

my pala reached lvl 96 in chaos sanctuary, with about 30 baalruns,

my friend got his sorc to level 94 only by ancient tunnels running in full player games, you can do the same in the pits

10. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

Woot? 30 runs? Not possible.

11. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

The xp in Chaos dies dramatically well before that.I tested this right after Jimi has posted it. At 96 with a 10% xp anni I got 130k in a 4 player game. I was the loan killer ( everyone else was in act 1 ) and while I didnt do a total clear. I went mainly for every champ pack I could find. The run took longer then a baal run and the xp was 1/3 of what I get in same conditions doing a baal run. To get from 95-96 doing only CS just isnt viable

12. Palm

Palm IncGamers Member

Make xp a little bit easier in classic.

13. MoUsE_WiZ

You realize that 130k is more exp than a 97 gets for a baal run right, and that a 97 has to get more exp to level from that 130k/run than a 95 would, and of course the 95 should get more than your 96 did per run as well.
    Saying it isn't viable is just silly.
    I'm not saying "go out and do CS runs to level" or anything, but it's definitely something that's possible to do.

14. Relativity

Relativity IncGamers Member

The could hire mousepad to write anti-mh methods. And they could bind him by contract so he couldn't make another MH!

15. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Under ths same conditions it would take me 7 runs for 1 mil xp in cs runs as oppposed to 3 in baals. Yes I could just do cs but it would take 2xs as long

16. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

cs runs are faster than baal runs imo, if you know how to do it,

and sonikki,, i csed from i was lvl 90 and then from 90-96 i did about 30 hell baalruns

17. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

my nec has gotten to 91 almost eniterly on hell travs, right now he gets 250k xp from a single player game, about 600k from an 8 player game. I don't do these runs for xp but it is decent. Without mh/massive duped runes there would be almost no hell baals seeing as most people would die teleporting/running there. Its amazing how few people can play w/out the use of mh.

18. Classics

Classics IncGamers Member

Is this a joke? Because I'm not laughing. Sorry to break your bubble, but if you didn't notice that's where all the Classic players level- and the highest is level 95. iBlitz on west, IIRC. Don't kid yourself, you think that took a minimal amount of runs? It took me about 500 runs, maybe more, to get 89>90, and I did that fairly quickly. Imagine level 95. Level 95-96 from pure CS runs, when there is no CS runs in Xpac, I would say would take you at least 3000+ runs. No jokes. Your lies are detectable from miles away. If you did get to 96 from pure CS runs, you could be top of Classic Ladder. But I truly doubt that.

19. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

were not talking about classic are we?, and i said i lvled in cs from 90 not from 1-96, in expansion pack at least the exp in cd 70-89 isnt that great, and to sorry to break your bubble but all chars who are aiming for lvl 99 need to kill diablo for maximum experience, and no cs runs in xpac?, my hammerpaladin is lvl 96 from pure cs runs belive it or not, i cleared cs for the high lvls so they could come and kill diablo, dont belive it?, go take some public baal with high levels, the chars that are csing them are all lvl 90-95, or ask around, at the time i was doing this i was in softcore, i have my opinion on things and you yours, im not discussing this any further, cause i know its possible and i know ive done it

20. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

Don't call someone a liar just because they state they've done something that is difficult to do. He says he's done it, and I believe him. Why does everyone need some kind of proof to believe something?