Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Affordable dueler

Discussion in 'Classic' started by goatfishh, Aug 1, 2010.

1. goatfishh

goatfishh IncGamers Member

Affordable dueler

Hey all,

so basically I've just started playin on classic and I'm liking it. But I am dying to pvp. I have made a char to glitch mf norm diablo and I've found a couple good sets/uniques. With these I am working to gear up a sorc so that I can mf in NM and hell to find some decent rares.

My playing time is limited right now with work , friends, other things. Also I will be returning to university in about a month. So I dont have all the time in the world to MF and make my char super groovy, but I really want to duel. So I'm hoping someone could suggest a build that i can get by with in public duels. It doesn't have to own everyone or anything, but I would like to be/have a challenge. The point is that i want a build that doesnt need godly rares to be good, and i can get by with mostly sets/uniques. I'm sure a lot can, but what are some fun options? Anyway idk if i'm crazy but your response is appreciated.

2. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

Re: Affordable dueler

bone necro, hammerdin(joder style), blizz sorc. With decent skill these all perform pretty good even with subpar gear

3. jona

jona IncGamers Member

irathas javazon does alright as well.

4. Lorg

Lorg IncGamers Member

Defenetly bone necro. The good news is that it can be very cheap or very expensive -> u can upgrade as u progress.

Still basic gear is most often good enough to beat any barb, most sorcs, all zons+ almost all palas aswell. On 1v1 well played bonenecro is very strong.

The cheapest version can be mostly made of uniqs and those are dirt cheap this late in ladder.
    Umes, magefist and 1 fcr ring is enough for 50 fcr brakepoint (which is fast enough vs everyother class except another bonenecro -> just use eyeless and second fcr ring for 80 fcr when u encounter em)
    Cheapest possible armor is twich/hawkmail = twich vs barbs to get high block and hawkmail vs cold sorcs. Other gear should have lots of res, especially cold and lightning.

When u gain in wealth u can spend countless of sojs to better your Bonenecro and this is precisely what makes the game fun -> u are never quite finished. For example when u get your toon outfitted with best gear and godlike mods, one usually starts to pay attention to style. E.g. nothing better than having a blue 17/30/20 prism bone shield on your necro or u could get your hands on +2 (pala) 17/30/20 prism bone if u really want use rare necro shield. Quarantee that not many necros have green bone shields :smug: