Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Aesir Build?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by labyrinth, Mar 13, 2004.

1. labyrinth

labyrinth IncGamers Member

Aesir Build?

Hi,

In the necro encyclopedia there is mention of an updated overlord build or 'aesir' build. Unfortunately the link is dead. Does anyone know of a link, or could there please be a repost, because it sounds interesting.

Thanks!

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

We are still waiting for the repost. The forum crash caused a lot of problems.

But it is just a standard Overlord. So you should already know what most of the skills are going to be.

3. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Aseir Build - Was what was known as the Overlord in 1.09 written by Poison Trooper

Basically it focuses mostly on the summon tree.

Maxing RS, SM, GM, S-Mages, Few one pointers in normal skills ie summon Resist, revies and golums (except fire)/+ curses and i think it was eventually maxing iron golem (late stages). Goal is to max Summon tree as much as possible.

Despite being a devoted admirer of the original build i hate to say it but the necro class has come a long way since then and imo it for the better espeically with the dominance of the skelemancers and its variants.

Still a great build but a few things i personally disagree such as concept/SP allocations in 1.10. However i still owe much to PT as he the guy that inspired me to play the necro the way i do. So Respect! :winner:

4. labyrinth

labyrinth IncGamers Member

Thanks Kyo, that's all I needed to know really. The necro was my first on-line char, back before the expansion came out, I think v. 1.08 I really liked killing barbs with my poison dagger then, or stabbing diablo once and then waiting back in the arcane sanctuary for him to die, the massive CE damage, as well as popping up a golem and using iron maiden to kill bosses. Then the necro was severely nerfed, and it seemed like I had to pick up a sorc or an amazon to mf and get the gear I really wanted. I've really enjoyed the sorc, but I've always loved the necro above all and believe the whole concept and implementation is revolutionary in video games. I mean there've been summoners resurrectors in earlier games, but the way blizzard fit the whole thing into the multiplayer is great. The Paladin is innovative that way, though I've never really enjoyed playing them much.

Anyway, I think blizzard's done a great job balancing out the classes this patch, and though there are naysayers (mostly the disgruntled hordes of de-throned hacked amazons who were a disservice to the true amazon players), it is nice to have the option of playing a necro in many different ways and be at least equal to any of the other classes.

Wow, am I off topic or what? Anyway, the Aesir info is useful, though I guess I'll wait a bit to hear the specifics on the reasons behind iron golem. On my current necro, I've gone summoner, but I'm using at least one point in each curse and possibly developing GM to max (1 pt in each golem, even fire just for flexibility and fun), maybe boosting CE by 5-10 pts. I love the flexibility of using different curses for fun, and even if the munchkin min/maxers proliferate among the necros, the necro will always offer a sophisticated and varied number of play possibilities.

<<Stepping off soapbox>>

5. snow_crash

snow_crash IncGamers Member

my skelimancer has

20 raise skeleton
    20 skeleton mastery
    1 skele mage
    1 revive
    1 amp
    1 dim
    1 attract
    1 ce
    1 golem mastery
    1 all golems
    1 summon resist
    1 in teeth through bspirit

i'm only lvl 52, but my skeletons are owning anything they get their bony little paws on. I'm going to start getting some points into revives and a few into summon resist

what else should i pump?

6. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

If you can handle them Mages, but CE is also good. Try to do a search. This topic has been dealt with numerous times.