Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Advisor tells Sen. Kerry to "Stop acting so French" der=

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Freemason, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Advisor tells Sen. Kerry to "Stop acting so French"

Kerry too 'French' to sway 'adolescent' Americans: consultant

Sat Mar 27, 6:52 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - US presidential hopeful John Kerry needs to stop acting so French if he wants to win the race for the White House, a French-born, US-based consultant and "medical anthropologist" says.

"Kerry's trouble is that he is simply not the common man," Clotaire Rapaille, who's been contacted by Kerry's campaign team for advice, told the Sunday Telegraph newspaper.

In the wake of the US-led war on Iraq, which France opposed, the Democratic hopeful's command of the French language, plus his background in France and Switzerland, could be a real liability among US voters, he said.

"Forget the French connection," he advised.

"The French are thinkers -- 'I think, therefore I am'. Americans want somebody who is going to take action. All this association of Kerry with thinking too much and nuance and five-sentence answers is off-code."

He added: "American culture is an adolescent culture... In America, you have to be the common man, be able to make people think you are the common man."

Rapaille, author of the forthcoming book "Archetypes of the President," specializes in psychoanalysing cultures. His expertise is sought out by major US corporations, and he's often interviewed in US media on mass culture.

Besides dropping the French connection, Rapaille suggested that Kerry take fewer holidays, start giving "one word or two" answers to questions -- and do something about his wardrobe.

"Go to K-Mart, buy jeans and cowboy boots... Dress like you are going into a bar in Kansas to drink from the bottle," he said.

Source

Oh jeez, this has to be one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. Told to stop being so French by a French advisor :lol:

What more can I add? This says it all :worship:

2. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

now all he needs are breast implants?

3. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

The photo in the link makes the article cooler.

4. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

All this association of Kerry with thinking too much and nuance and five-sentence answers is off-code."

He added: "American culture is an adolescent culture... In America, you have to be the common man, be able to make people think you are the common man."

"Go to K-Mart, buy jeans and cowboy boots... Dress like you are going into a bar in Kansas to drink from the bottle," he said.

Yeah, it is funny, but it becomes even moreso when you read these quotes and realize that the joke's on you, Smeg. You are very good at missing the point of articles. I reckon it's the headline that grabs you instead of the content.

We sure have a cowboy boot wearing, adolescent, non-thinker in the White House now. I don't care about the boots, but an adolescent, non-thinker? I'll pass, thanks.

5. Freemason

Freemason Banned

You need to get out more mac. Go see what people outside of college life are like. Stuffy, uptight snobs don't get elected.

6. Crispyknight

Crispyknight IncGamers Member

Reason number 4,396 for needing a test to be able to vote.

Edit: Oh, and what Smeg just said.

7. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

To me it looked like this clown was calling Americans adolescent, non-thinkers. You know, because he said it. That's pretty insulting; even in the bowery.

8. Crispyknight

Crispyknight IncGamers Member

He was calling the great unwashed masses adolescent non-thinkers. Reason #4397

9. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

I'll just call them American voters, thanks.

10. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

That's what I got out of reading it too.

11. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

That's what I got out of, my first reaction while reading the snippet was "what an arrogant prick", my second reaction was the partisan "Do we want to elect someone who's advisor thinks so lowly of Americans?"

12. Draconis

Draconis IncGamers Member

Was the third 'hmm, I guess more people are actually basing political decisions off things like that than I thought?'

13. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Isn't that the same thing as us Americans being adolescent, non-thinkers? :lol:

14. Draconis

Draconis IncGamers Member

Shhhhhhhh!

15. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

Guess Kerry needs to start eating his Freedom Fries, and learn some true 'Merican spirit! :lol: