Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Advise needed to chose a built

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Tristelune, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Tristelune

Tristelune IncGamers Member

Advise needed to chose a built

Hi there,
    I have some experience with Diablo 2, but i'm a total newbie about Paladin. Willing to build a paladin able to face Hell, baal runs and uber tristram with ease, and, if possible, be a decent PvP. With 3 Hammerdins among my friends, i'd like to develop another kind of character. Then, searching the web for inspiration (and also because i don't know Paladin enough to come up with my own style), i found these two builts:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=542638
    and:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=550647
    It happens the writer of this two guides is Clervis and i thank him alot.:thumbsup:

I read carefully both of them, and both are appealing to me. Now, to say it simply, i would like to build the best one among these two (gear is not a problem). And i don't know which one is the best. Could you guys offer me some hints about this? or maybe suggest me another paladin build which would be even better at close combat :grin:

Thank you very much :thumbsup:

2. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

Re: Advise needed to chose a built

I don't think either of those builds can do baal runs, uber trist and be decent at pvp. I have no clue what the first one is, looks like a zealer with dream which is basically the same as an auradin. If you want to be able to do baal runs and uber trist easily then hammerdin can do that, so can a zealot with 1 point smite. You just throw some CB gear on and you can solo uber trist easily and they are gods of pvp, probably not as fast as hammerdins at baal but pretty fast.

Auradins are good at pvp if you don't get sorbed, which you will. They can clear chaos the fastest, I don't know about baal but probably. They can do uber trist solo, well just about every single pally can if they have holy shield because they will have smite, but you will need to switch out most of your gear.

3. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Zeal/Smite pally can do well in hell, uber, pvp if good gear. He could do 8 player Baal runs but it's not gonna be as fast as other builds.

4. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

The first one is a Death Zealot and how it is superior to a Grief-wielding Zealot. It offers a PI and IM solution with minimal gear changes, however it is very expensive. It's definitely not going to be very good at pvp, except in Zealot vs Zealot duels.

The second one is an Auradin which probably fits the criteria to you, but in pvp you might get sorbed. Also many people just hate Auradins so expect to get flamed a lot when you pvp, especially if you start winning.

I would think the Auradin build is superior.

5. Tristelune

Tristelune IncGamers Member

Hi, thanks a lot for advices :)