Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Advise for a bone necro?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by NSXdreamer, Mar 1, 2004.

1. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Advise for a bone necro?

I'm trying to decide on what to use on my alternative weapon slot for my bone necro (lvl 89), I currently use wizardspike and stormshield for those situations that need max resist (only managed 50ish on main weapon) and damage reduction. I just shopped a necromancer's wand of ages with +skill to revive and clay golem, and wonder if I should use it instead of wizardspike to get meatwall when I need it. I currently have no summon skill besides one point in raise skeleton. With the switch, I would loss amost 1k damage on my bone spear/spirit, and couldn't switch back otherwise the revives and golem would die in a few seconds.

So what would you use, wizardspike for max resist when needs it, or the wand for meatwall when needed and sacrifice almost 1k damage on each spear and spirit?

2. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

I am wondering why you feel like you need another meat shield with your bonemancer. You should already have Bwall/Bprison, and then you have your merc. Between those two and your AI curses, you shouldn't need another tank.

I'd just take the 90-92 point and use them for clay golem, glem mastery and summon resist if you feel the need for another tank.

crg

3. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

shop act2 normal (forgot the dudes name...hmm the one who sell wands anyway). Get a map were he is right next to the entrance out to the desert so you can shop him effectively. Look for "non magical" wands with 2 socket. For example one with 3+ to bonespear and some other skill

then create "white" runeword from it and get massive + skills.

or if you are rich, get Heart of the Oak runeword :)

4. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I don't really need it right now, but just in case, and maybe in MP hell WSK/ball runs as tank.

Speaking of which, do people hate revives in MP? If do, I'd just ditch it and use wizardspike.

I've been shopping for a wand for white for a while now, but haven't found a good one yet. And I wasted all my good runes for my other char, don't have any for heart of oak now. :(

5. SnakeEye85

the only "meath sheild" you should need is your bones and possibly a clay golem (mostly for the slow effect combined with decrap on bosses, and it draws some attraction from you and merc)

i have 1 pt in clay golem and 1 in golem mastery for my lvl ** boner and that is more than enough. + skills will make him strong enough. i rarely needs to recast him.

6. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

Drognan would be the act 2 merchant that sells wands, staves, and shields. I think :scratch:

7. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

That he is.

crg

8. SnakeEye85

correkt :thumbsup: