Advice require concerning my blizzard sorc

Conanbarbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Advice require concerning my blizzard sorc

Well my blizzard sorc is in her late 40's and in act V nightmare. On a side note just got an Oculus drop from my 1st kill on diablo in nightmare very chuffed with it :grin:

Anyhow to the matter at hand!

Which ice armour should I invest in with the skill points ill have remaining after full syncing blizzard?

Chill armour or shiver armour?

Thanks in advance.

zarfen

Diabloii.Net Member
Shiver gives better defensebonus, and monsters in hell freeze time from chilling is a joke, I use shiver most of my times, on a staff for prebuff if not playing a cold tree sorc

FrostBurn

Diabloii.Net Member
This is my post on the three cold armours.

Pure Blizz sorcs tend to have points to spare. Frozen Armour for 1 point. Shiver Armour for 2 points if you prefer a bit more defense. Don't bother with Chilling Armour.

If you aren't carrying anything on switch, consider an orb/staff with +1-3 to the armour of your choice. It saves you a point or two, allowing you to max your main skills sooner. Later on, when all your skills are maxed, add a hard skill point in the armour of your choice.

nebux

Diabloii.Net Member
Hrus said:
IMHO: No armor.
that's wrong.
i tryed with my light sorc to teleport without frozen armor and i died pretty quick. i like to tele in packs of monsters for no reason and even a half sec freeze in hell help me tele away. all my sorcs have no block, well maybe 1-2%:grin:

wilypueo

Diabloii.Net Member
I also don't bother with them, but I am not (yet) playing any HC, so not sure if that would be a consideration.

grogs

Diabloii.Net Member
If you are going pure bliz (and assuming going for all out damage), you should be wearing Snowclash, which grants +2 to chilling armour anyway..... ergo, no points needed in any of the armours.

EDIT: If you are untwinked or just don't have a snowclash, I'd still go without the armour

salvo

Diabloii.Net Member
More than protection, don't you forget shiver armor also grant you style points :thumbsup: go for it!

Corrupted

Diabloii.Net Member
grogs said:
If you are going pure bliz (and assuming going for all out damage), you should be wearing Snowclash, which grants +2 to chilling armour anyway..... ergo, no points needed in any of the armours.
I would not do so. Snowclash is what killed DX's hardcore Blizzard Sorceress at level 96 (CtC Blizzard + Dolls in melee range = splat). It is only a matter of +1 skill compared to Arachnids and personally I need the Arachnids to reach the 63 FCR breakpoint.

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
IMHO: No armor.
Personly I think the 30% Defence bonus from Frozen Armour is worth the 1 skill point. Once you've got a few +skills on you wont have to recast it as much either. It could mean the difference between a monster hitting you and a monster missing you, which could mean the difference between life and death in some cases.

Pick something, rather then nothing imho.

-hps