Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Advice on using vigor please

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by sorcyone, Jun 8, 2005.

1. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

Advice on using vigor please

I found the easiest way to use charge+Vigor is to have them on switch. Then while moving press Shift occasionally to activate charge. Unfortunately with my build this makes my armour and boots unusable since strength for them comes from HoZ so I lose some speed and almost all defense. My equipment :

on Switch CTA / Spirit Targe
    Spirit sword 33% FCR
    HoZ (needs strength 89 and gives strength +20)
    Shako
    Mara
    Arachnid
    eth Skullders (needs strength 87)
    War Travellers (needs strength 95 and gives strength +10)
    Magefist
    Ravenfrost ring
    10%FCR ring

It's too much of a pain to switch left and right buttons to Charge + Vigor, and I do not want to use up 20 strength.
    What do people do about Strength for War trav and HoZ ?

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

...you dont lose strength from using different skills.. only from switching armor if the armor has +strength like on HoZ.

3. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

I am using alternate (with 'w') to switch from BH + Conc to Charge+Vigor. It's a really quick way to switch. The problem is losing the extra strength from HoZ when going to Spirit on alternate.

I guess I will just pump more strength so the +20 strength on HoZ has no value to me.

4. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

why dont you try hotkeying instead? Keep charge on left click and vigor on right click. Switching between hotkeys is easy and requires only a little practice. Remember that the mouse wheel is very useful in these times.

5. St_Vitruvius

St_Vitruvius IncGamers Member

I've changed my hotkey-confiuration. In the standart configuration there isn't easy access to F6-12. Instead I have 'left-click'-skills, like BH, Attack, Frozen Orb, Chain Lightning or Charge, on 'w','e','r' and 't'. Those 'right-click'-skills I use often I've assigned to 's','d','f', 'g', 'z','x','c' and 'v'. Switch I've put on the mouse-weel (when pressing it down). Run/walk is on 'b' and what was orrinaly on 's' I've moved to 'a'. If I need two more skills, or as in case of my sorc: much easier access to Teleport and Static Field, I put those on the two side-buttons of my mouse (A Logitech MX700).

I then have the character sheet at 'F1', inventory at 'F2', party-screen at 'F3', my mercs stats on 'F4', my skill-tree at 'F5', messege-log at 'F6' and the help-screen on 'F12'.

With this configuration of hotkeys I can switch to any skill I use wihtout moving my hands. Thus I can easilly use potions when switching skills at the same time. It takes a little getting used to, but when you've done that you'll never go back to the standard configuration...

\St_Vitruvius

6. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

That put me on the right track. I now have it neatly into adjacent hotkeys so it's an easy 2 finger press. I used to have left click and right click grouped together. Now :
    F1 F2 BH Conc
    F3 F4 Charge Vigor
    F5 F6 Redemption HolyBolt

I actually find Holy Bolt useful with only 1 skill point in it. The Synergy from BH and the + combat skills really boost it.
    I use it to take down those pesky Gloams/knights from a distance, or to pump health into my merc especially up against magic immune wailing beasts.