Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Advice on the ultimate Countess runner.

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by HAMC8112, Mar 25, 2004.

1. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

Advice on the ultimate Countess runner.

I have been running the countess in hell with my barb, and it works out k, but if i where to make a sorc for the Countess i'm sure i could do her a lot faster. (Aaagh i love that teleport).
    Only thing is what would a Countess sorc look like, skillwise i mean? iirc most of them down there are cold and lightimmune. So if someone has any experience with sorc/countess i would like to hear about. Txs for any info you can put in.

2. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

I think its pretty obvious that a tanking type Met/Fireball will do it with a HF Merc since everything is so speedy.

i can see a lot of solo sorcs croaking in there though, it is common to get 2-3 bosses in the same room. i will stick to my Barb for running her.

3. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

I don't know about "ultimate" but my bow amazon does pretty well. She uses IA and FA. There is a mix of cold immune and fire immune so she switches as necessary. She also uses a Holy Freeze merc.

4. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

My CB Zealot runs her pretty fast. Need to put a point in Vigor though, would sure speed up the run a bit.

5. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

Barb with leap can run pretty quick to her. Bypass all of two and three. If i was doing a sorce would probally be a light sorce. Only the light ball throwers are light immune. They have the lowest life and a weak orb or firewall can take them out. I personnelly think barb is the quickest tho.

6. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

The arsy thing with a sorc (besides that she has to be well equipped to do it safely) is that the Countess is always Fire and Cold immune. The minions are only cold immune though, to as a decently equipped merc can easily take out the countess, it's alot faster if you can kill the minions. Hence, a fire build is suitable!

7. Vectom

Vectom WWN Europe Member

Hi Ham, sorces die a lot in there. She has to be damn good to make it safely. Anyway, meteor, max block, def merc would be good for it IMHO...

Still, I was running her with Solid a lot in the past... IST, some GULs, MALs, UMs and many many mid-lvl runes she gave me. Nice girl :thumbsup:

Vect

8. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Wow, I've been running her forever and the best I've gotten is Lum so far. I just cube everyhing up and I'm getting up to the nicer runes now. I'll keep running her, though :)

Also, in case anyone is tempted to teleport right down to her and skip all the monsters in between, the nicest rune I have found while running her was dropped by an oridnary Carver. It was a Pul. :)

9. HAMC8112

As it happens i had a CLsorc ready from KTA-team and she works fine for Countess, tele there zap zap she dead. The countess that is! Now if the countess would drop something else then an el rune and a tir rune all will be fine.
    Txs for all the input guy's.

Edit: Add a lum rune, aint this a great game!

Edit again: Does anybody know the TC of the countess? Coz every 10 runs she drops a couple unique's, so i was wondering if it would be worth dressing up in skulders etc...?

10. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

She can drop all the stuff NM Meph can, plus stuff in the range of Shako / Wizzy. That alone would motivate me to throw on some mf gear.

As for the rune drops, I think most of us have agreed that it's not worth your time. You're much better off doing Hellforge rushes.

11. HAMC8112

I have seen hel drop in hell at the hellforge Q, needless to say that it is a dissapointing experience. I am planning to run the countess for a while, so i'll get back to you on this.

12. stemis516

stemis516 IncGamers Member

my meteorb sorc does hell countes just fine

i kill everything and countess is alwasy cold and fire immune so my merc kills her in 2-3 shots after i static

u can get some crazy mods with 3 bosses in the same room as countess, if so i usually just leave

as for the countess drops i think she pays off quite nicely

in about 50-75 runs ive gotten:
    2 ko
    1 mal
    1 um
    1 ist
    1 fal
    1 lem
    numerous amns and sols

along with other runes above sol that i dont pick up...no items yet though

13. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

When I did 100 countess runs with anubis we got one pul and one lum. Some good items. A whole buch of els. If i never do another it would not bug me in the least.

14. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

yip, definately better time wise to do hell forge rushes.

one of my friends kept trade of about 100 NM and hell countess runs and on average got the same lvl runes from both so...

on a side note, my assasin got two hel runes from hell forge quests, one in NM and one in hell...hel is the lowest rune possable from the hell HF quest :(

15. nz-junglist

nz-junglist IncGamers Member

She dropped a SOJ for me in nm :O

On a side note..all i ever seem to get from the Hell Hellforge is io's and Hel's ...what gives -.-

:edit: lol spelling

16. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

hehe, Hammerdin with Enigma.

17. Sip

Sip Banned

The ultimate Countess runner would be a sorc.

I'd shoot for 110% faster cast...something like:

Wizard spike+magefists+vipermagi+10% fcr ring/belt or amulet.

Fireball and meteor, or chain lit preferably.

A more fun and stable countess runner would be an enigma Hammerdin.

18. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

lol, enigma hammerdin...how will you get the runes for enigma? or! rush hell forges! then go run the countess for more runes :p

19. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

About hell rushes > Hell countess... Maybe. Not everyone can rush 20 chars a day to hell, and when you get your third HEL in a row, let's just say it's a bit harder to swallow than with as poor results from the 200 Countess runs you've done in that time.

Point being: I'm willing to agree that in the long run, Hellforge gives a better return when it comes to runes. But when you finally get there after, what, 30 mins(?) (I guess it's pretty alternating), and you get an IO, I'm almost certain you are happier with the game and your HEL, tow AMNs and the SOL you got from your 20 Countess runs you did during the same time...

Just a question of psychological preference I guess.

EFFICENT:
    Hellforge>=Countess

NERVE-VRECKING:
    Hellforge>>Countess

20. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

I'm just saying, Enigma + Hammerdin = no-worries.

If you can get ahold of the runes that is. Suggestion was just that, a suggestion for the most unbeatable of the classes.