Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Advice on Diablo

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Iorek, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Iorek

Iorek IncGamers Member

Advice on Diablo

Alright, this is my first foray into act 4 (normal) of hardcore. My character is a skelemancer with the following skills at lvl 24. (all +skills have been added in)

+12 skeleton mastery
    +6 raise skeleton
    +1 clay golem
    +1 golem mastery
    +1 summon resist
    +1 skeleton mage
    +2 corpse explosion
    +2 amp damage
    +1 weaken
    +1 decrep
    +1 terror
    +3 iron maiden

I just entered act 4 and killed Izual so I have 2 spare skill points. Now, I need some advice on what skills to put points into so that I might have an easier time at big D. (I'm determined to solo him!) Thanks in advance!

2. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

More in raise skeleton.

More lvls. Full fire and lightning resists. Decrep him.

3. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

edit: nevermind, too slow and rather useless, listen to cleglaw

4. Iorek

Iorek IncGamers Member

That's what I figured, but I just wanted to make sure. As for thanks...you both get a cupcake, congrats! :thumbsup:

5. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

one more useful (though probably obvious) thing- make sure your golum is right there pounding on him at all times... the slow from the clay golum is incredibly helpful

YAY I GET CUPCAKE!!!

take that cy :D (though i guess it's not a cookie... but a cupcake can be just as good if its a really good cupcake)

6. Iorek

Iorek IncGamers Member

Well now....due to an untimely lag spike...I died. *sigh* Anyways...anyone have a fun character build that I could try, that's not too item dependent? (being that I have no items on hc xD)

7. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Doh.
    Yes. Trapsin.
    Slightly, item dependent in hell maybe but nowhere else.
    Also, you can buy +trap claws. Go Fade, 2 claws and weapon block.

8. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Well, I was simply waiting to die last night with the full 1-2 min spikes and eventual game crashes. I escaped one with 100 life and another with 200.

As for your Necro, he would of been fine without lag, its just a simple Decrep and have the resisits, MAYBe a Tp to go get more minions for a second attack. Good luck on your next build, Java, Trappers, Necros are all pretty good without much stuff.

9. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

What Realm do you play on?

Even if you are determined to kill all the really hard stuff solo, I am sure some of us could help yopu out with some minor tweaks to get you up and going.

IMHO a necro seems to be one of the easiest ghetto characs to get to a level where he can find some decent stuff - just dont do what I did and go charging aroung in 6 player hell games at level 63:D

Chill

10. Iorek

Iorek IncGamers Member

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I think I'll end up making a trapsin, but if I do I have a question. Should I go all lightning and have death sentry+merc kill the lit resist or should I put points into that level 24 fire trap? (Both level 24 traps get synergies off of Death Sentry right?) Oh, and I play on the East realm, *Arakasi if you wish to play with me ^^

11. Unholy_VI

Unholy_VI IncGamers Member

My 2c on a fun char thats cheap...

I made a chain lighning sorc just to do cows (My damn necro minions kept wandering over and killing the stupid cowking) hoping to find lld gear.

she is very cool. shes level 42 now and I got a few points into fo in preparation for moving into NM so I can do NM cow runs, Normal cow runs, and hunt the good areas for certain other things.

12. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Well......

A resist wand with maxed light will take care of most but some wont loose immune with LR at low lvl. Shadow and Mecr with decent gear can do it, or if you stick to parties in those heavy LI areas.

My 95 Sin has a lvl 28 Fire skill.......it actually will kill with all 5 traps on a boss but i use it so rarely I wish I hadnt got it.

I guess my best advice is for you to consider how you play. If it is solo a lot and you intend to MF with this character you might get a fire skill.

Now if you go Fire Blast, at least it synergizes DS and it can also be thrown while 5 traps are out which is very nice and if i rebuilt for solo playing a lot i would max Fire Blast.

The other option for LIs is getting 1 point in Blades, some crushing blow like STEEL runeword on switch and throw those to help the merc and Shadown get you a corpse or two.

There are options

13. Iorek

Iorek IncGamers Member

I like the idea of using blades w/ crushing blow to help deal with fire immunes, I think I'll try that. Ok, fire blast adds +1 shot to death sentry every 3 levels should I stop at level 18??

14. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

The FireBlast synergy for DeathSentry isn't all that helpful. It's 17 extra points that could've been spent on another lightning synergy or your shadow, whereas you can always just cast another DS when it runs out of shots.

Keep in mind that blades require AR to hit.

15. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

That makes since, and with +skills it can be lvl 27+ pretty easy with +3 claws and a +3 ammy which arent hard to shop/find and that doesnt count any other skills.

The Crushing/Blades setup will require some things, first a weapon to deal damage and then some crushing as well as you also need some AR to hit anything enuff to help much so it is more item dependant keep that in mind. Lvl 1 in this skill does wonders if you have the items.

16. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

Either go

Max LS, DS, Shockweb - spare points in CBS

or

Max LS, DS, Fireblast - spare points in Shockweb

Fade and Weapon Block at ~10 after +skills, Shadow to your liking.
    Mindblast and CoS are 1 point wonders.

Get +Skills from claws and amulet - resist, life and mana from the rest of your equipment. This can be done with total ghetto gear. You'll be able to safely and quickly do P/S/E runs. My trapper was my first succesfull 1.10 char, built completely untwinked and ended up at lvl 94 slowly and steadily improving her gear. Very viable untwinked char.

17. Iorek

Iorek IncGamers Member

Well now...+1 cookie for PhatTrumpet, I was just about to ask if blades cost AR :lol: Anyways, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about fire blast, I'll put points into that last just to see how I like things.

Edit: Should I try to get +3 to fade or +3 shadow discipline claws on weapon switch for a boost to Fade?