Advice on a weird build I'm trying...

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Ulanji said:
Another (insane) item suggestion - 'Bramble' Armor: RAL OHM SUR ETH. Obviously, more elite than I'll ever get!
Yeah, talk about it. Most of the 1.10 runewords are an insult to us non-twinkers! I mean, one of my characters may one day find an Ohm or a Sur, but not both.

So why couldn´t Bramble be something like RalOhmShaelEth or RalDolSurEth instead, needing only ONE of those insanely rare runes?

Gnoggen

Diabloii.Net Member
jiansonz said:
Yeah, talk about it. Most of the 1.10 runewords are an insult to us non-twinkers! I mean, one of my characters may one day find an Ohm or a Sur, but not both.

So why couldn´t Bramble be something like RalOhmShaelEth or RalDolSurEth instead, needing only ONE of those insanely rare runes?
Yep. I think I've only made maybe 2 or 3 runewords ever. And they suck. I have never traded for an item either, so overall my equipment is all stuff from NM mephisto runs with my 60ish skellymancer.

Gnoggen

Diabloii.Net Member
jiansonz said:
Yes, they can be active at the same time. And yes, you will probably have use for Energy Shield, since your build isn´t exactly mana intensive. :D

Just remember that if you are in a hot situation that you want to Teleport out of, drink a rejuve first, because your mana is most likely depleted...

Some items (like Nightsmoke) can help the ES to stay up longer, as you will get some of the mana back when you get hit.

Yes, they only need to attack (unlike Frozen Armor, where they have to hit you for it to trigger). That´s why I think it´s such a good skill for melee sorcs (or any sorc for that matter).

Blocking will help a lot.

Thanks so much for the answers to those questions! It may be somewhat challenging deciding on my point distribution now. Obviously I'd LOVE to be able to max the 3 armors, Mana Shield, telekinesis, and cold mastery, but with all the prerequisite skills thats... uh... 126 skill points... ;) Obviously some decisions will have to be made as to how much to invest in mana shield, telekinis and cold mastery. I'll really have to go back through the guide to mana shield up on the strategy compendium to get to understand it fully.